To Boost - or not to Boost

• With a SC setup, you always have reproducible boost at the same rpm, so an AFR/Boost gauge is not as necessary other than for peace of mind monitoring. The most common AFR/Boost gauges are from AEM and Innovate Motorsports. Both brands offer data capture as well, making it easier to analyze how things are going. I prefer a combo gauge given the limited gauge space on the Slingshot, but some folks prefer dual gauge setups. Expect to pay around $300-350 for a complete AFR/Boost all-in-one setup.

• I have the innovate AFR/Boost combo gauge. I like that it has the logger capability as well so can hook up laptop and pull data / log rides live. Not needed at all, but had to keep an eye on turbo so hooked it up with supercharger since it was just reconfiguring a tube.

• I have the innovate AFR/Boost combo gauge. I like that it has the logger capability as well so can hook up laptop and pull data / log rides live. Not needed at all, but had to keep an eye on turbo so hooked it up with supercharger since it was just reconfiguring a tube.

I have the Innovate SCG-1 with PL-1 Data Logger. I do not have the Boost limit solenoid installed and just use it for monitoring the AFR and Boost values, keeping an eye on the display to ensure that I don't see a lean condition under boost. Overall, I like it when it works. I've now got 36000 miles on my turbo and gauges and some rides everything works fine, while on other rides I may see the AFR display drop out several times during a ride. Thinking it was possibly caused by an occasional short in the sensor cable, I replaced the O2 sensor last year. Even with the new O2 sensor, the AFR display still drops off. Unfortunately, I don't remember the specific error codes. The fact that it works most of the time makes me think I may have another O2 Sensor cable failure, but I wonder if it might be problem in the cable that connects the gauge to the O2 sensor cable. I guess I need to email Innovate and ask what they recommend.

• I have the "Big Kahuna" package with your setup as well. On my last Sling, I had gauges for Temp/Oil/Volts. On this one, I've not set anything up as of yet. Little problems with this GM setup on oil, temp, let alone charging (unless you have lights on or a show piece that has a plethora of lights and a booming stereo blaring), so choose your battles. With the Supercharger being belt driven, it's boost comes from RPM. The boost is only a possible issue at the highest RPM, near the rev limiter. As long as you shift by mid 6000, you should be fine. I'd even say it's good to the rev limiter in most cases. Just watch banging gears and abusing the clutch, as it is limited for the power.

Second SS, owned since fall of 2019 (10k then). 27K now, Zero issues today.

• Why is the rotrex supercharger oil so expensive. Both on ddmworks & Amazon.

I think because it is made from baby unicorn tears, and those are getting harder to find ;)

Realistically, the oil is a special traction oil that only Rotrex uses from what we can find, which means it is relatively low production with a single source, which makes it more expensive. Fortunately, it only has to be changed every 2 years or 50k miles and with the amount you have left from the install and another bottle, that will give you 2 more oil changes with some reserve.

• My son and I ran a mining setup to mine Dogecoins but a bad lighting storm took out our mining rig. Burned up 10 expensive video cards. We were doing petty good up to that point.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Fully installed supercharger set up from DDMworks. Had a chance for a ride today after an initial break in run yesterday. Initially intended to use an aftermarket exhaust but to keep the peace with the wife reverted back to the supercharger with a stock exhaust. With the stock set-up you do loose the full potential even so it does turn up the fun factor a notch or two. Set-up worked for me for a few reasons. It should be noted that the outside air temp was 95, traction was as good as it gets. Rolling in second gear it was easy to break traction. Merging onto the interstate from second gear I got on it and its smoked the tire quite well. The engine pulls strong through the gears. It's a good "kick in the pants" in stock exhaust form. Haven't put in the miles for a good calculation yet but I believe the mileage per tank is going to remain fairly good. Sound level in the cockpit is still at an acceptable conversation level. Down the road if I find a middle of the road sound level exhaust system an easy upgrade could happen but quite happy with the Supercharger/stock exhaust set-up.

Another note, installation was fairly easy. Don't let it be a factor in consideration to install a supercharger. With the parts in view and the instructions in hand the process is much easier to comprehend. This is a newer kit requiring no wire splicing or soldering. I believe the old kit required some wire cutting and soldering? I also believe the new kit gives an accurate calculation of miles remaining? Dave@DDMWorks can better answer that.

Good kit, quality stuff, great fun. Yes, worth it for me! Now for a new tire!

• I'm waiting for a 2.5 exhaust to come out that I like. Rumors in the wing. Once that's on I'll go with 105 pulley. Supposedly adding 50hp on the sc.

I'm with you on that. I already have a 105 pulley & the belt needed. I'm looking for something that has a nice "throaty" sound but not to over the top. Keep me posted on your results.