To Boost - or not to Boost

• just curious. Why would I need to go to 2.5 inch exhaust to run a100 pulley on an SC when I gave the 1320 v1 header with cat delete into stock exhaust? Is the stock exhaust that restrictive dave@ddmworks?

I am just guessing...but I think it has to exhaust gasses to full flow? I have the 2 1/2...all in all...I LOVE IT!!!

Always Remember...You can drive it like you want to drive it tomorrow! 8)

:HEADERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS::ROTORSS:

• You guys are making me jealous of how better the ride is with the SC. Just got an email yesterday mine finally shipped and saying should be here Friday. Might have to take next week off from work and get this installed and going. I don't have a tune on mine and purchased one, which I understand you have to have one anyway for the SC. Did you send your ECM back to Dave@DDMWorks for the tune or somewhere else?

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• You guys are making me jealous of how better the ride is with the SC. Just got an email yesterday mine finally shipped and saying should be here Friday. Might have to take next week off from work and get this installed and going. I don't have a tune on mine and purchased one, which I understand you have to have one anyway for the SC. Did you send your ECM back to Dave@DDMWorks for the tune or somewhere else?

The tune cost is included with the supercharger kit, like cward59 mentioned, just put the ECM in a box and ship it out to Mefiburn or us with a return label in the box to get the ECM back. There is a sheet included with your supercharger kit that has instructions on how to send the ECM also. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us - 1-864-438-4949 or send me a message here or via email - Dave@ddmworks.com

• Not 'boosted' and I can get better than 20,000 miles on a rear tire....

I understand where you come from EJ. I've gotten over 20k non boosted too, on my first Slingshot. But the fun that comes with the SC is worth the extra.... and then some! Cost is but a factor, like getting a really great steak compared to one that isn't so much. If balanced out over the life of the Sling while you have it, the $$$ to me seems much like a bargain. Some things are worth paying up for, we only live once and none of us live forever! I smile like a 5 year old on a great Christmas morning every time I get into the the SC! My wife giggles and smiles whenever I push the right peddle down! That alone is worth the price of admission to me! Life is short, rear tire life isn't! If it costs me a grand more for tires to enjoy the 20k miles this way..... it was a bargain! It's not about the destination, it's about the smiles along the way....

Next time we hook up, let me take you for a short ride..... you will smile like :D or look like =O, that I promise! :thumbsup:

In my very humble opinion, these machines weren't made to brag about tire life or gas mileage. They were made to have fun, meet friends, and remember there's more to life than work. The fun and friends made are priceless......

• I understand where you come from EJ. I've gotten over 20k non boosted too, on my first Slingshot. But the fun that comes with the SC is worth the extra.... and then some! Cost is but a factor, like getting a really great steak compared to one that isn't so much. If balanced out over the life of the Sling while you have it, the $$$ to me seems much like a bargain. Some things are worth paying up for, we only live once and none of us live forever! I smile like a 5 year old on a great Christmas morning every time I get into the the SC! My wife giggles and smiles whenever I push the right peddle down! That alone is worth the price of admission to me! Life is short, rear tire life isn't! If it costs me a grand more for tires to enjoy the 20k miles this way..... it was a bargain! It's not about the destination, it's about the smiles along the way....

Next time we hook up, let me take you for a short ride..... you will smile like :D or look like =O, that I promise! :thumbsup:

In my very humble opinion, these machines weren't made to brag about tire life or gas mileage. They were made to have fun, meet friends, and remember there's more to life than work. The fun and friends made are priceless......

I've smiled almost 100,000 miles since Feb 2015 and smile every time I get in the seat. Friends, Smiles and Fun Slingshot.

• Just got home from 170 mile ride. Weather was 59 and comfortable with heated clothing. Did first half on turnpike going 80-90 and got 16mpg. 10mpg less then without supercharger. I know I have an mpg fixation. Definitely would like a 20gal gas tank. Love the supercharger though. That compares to 26mpg doing 80-90 on turnpike without SC.

• You could probably do something in the storage bins behind the seats, but it wouldn't be safe in an accident. Having fuel spilled into the cabin and no fire wall isn't worth the risk just so you don't have to stop every 200 miles of riding to tank up

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Just got home from 170 mile ride. Weather was 59 and comfortable with heated clothing. Did first half on turnpike going 80-90 and got 16mpg. 10mpg less then without supercharger. I know I have an mpg fixation. Definitely would like a 20gal gas tank. Love the supercharger though. That compares to 26mpg doing 80-90 on turnpike without SC.

Waiting on my 1320 exhaust prior to supercharger install. Should be here soon.

A question on the fuel gage. Is it accurate at calculating the miles to empty after installing the supercharger?