To Boost - or not to Boost

• I have the tool for Screwing them in. Sorry, I just could not resist that lead in..... but seriously.... I have the tool to screw in the SS brakes too!

Just wondering if you went with the desired 8" or the more standard 4" (yeah, I'm sorry too).

Cheers to you and Sharon. Looking forward to the next meet up!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I've heard if you don't have the 8", you can just use the 4" twice and get nearly the same effect..... :D

Or as I like to put it, 'It doesn't matter if you have a little bitty dick as long as you have a pile-drivin' ass behind it!'

I think I'm getting too old for that saying...:/

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• chavey2 , looks like you gonna have to wait! You not supposed to open before Christmas.

Just put boxes under tree and dream of all the work that you get to do tomorrow.

Merry Christmas to you and all the family

Keep Three Wheels Down

• As much as I hate to drive in the rain or cold/chilly conditions I know it will happen. I'm leaning towards the supercharger as opposed to the turbo believing the drivability under these conditions will be "somewhat" better? Any input from anyone driving under those conditions? What to expect?

• As much as I hate to drive in the rain or cold/chilly conditions I know it will happen. I'm leaning towards the supercharger as opposed to the turbo believing the drivability under these conditions will be "somewhat" better? Any input from anyone driving under those conditions? What to expect?

I have an SC. Just don’t try to take off fast and keep your speed down. LOVE the SC no matter what the road conditions are!

I agree with dangerdarrell . The SC is predictable and a pretty straight ramp up from low RPM to about 3800, then it ramps up much quicker but still predictable. Cooler temps it runs great, but the tires are harder (suggest you run summer performance tires) and spin easier. But it's not much different than no boost if you just drive it easy.

I still have the early tune on mine, I hate to try to fix something that's not broken. If I just drive it, I get 27-30 MPG most of the time. If I push it, with the top on, the lowest I've gotten is 23/24 MPG. I've hit 32 before, although that tankful was just a lazy day in the country running mostly 40-50 and enjoying the scenery. If you constantly hit it, it will use more fuel. And more back tires.....

• I have an SC. Just don’t try to take off fast and keep your speed down. LOVE the SC no matter what the road conditions are!

I agree with dangerdarrell . The SC is predictable and a pretty straight ramp up from low RPM to about 3800, then it ramps up much quicker but still predictable. Cooler temps it runs great, but the tires are harder (suggest you run summer performance tires) and spin easier. But it's not much different than no boost if you just drive it easy.

I still have the early tune on mine, I hate to try to fix something that's not broken. If I just drive it, I get 27-30 MPG most of the time. If I push it, with the top on, the lowest I've gotten is 23/24 MPG. I've hit 32 before, although that tankful was just a lazy day in the country running mostly 40-50 and enjoying the scenery. If you constantly hit it, it will use more fuel. And more back tires.....

Thanks Goats_Hogs & dangerdarrell that's the info I was looking for. I'm sold. Most likely I'll put an order through DDMWorks just after the holidays. First for the 1320 Performance Header & Exhaust combo. I don't believe a flash of the ECU is need for the 1320 exhaust set up Dave@DDMWorks ? After the exhaust is set up I figure can order the SC and perform the ECM flash at that point.

Merry Christmas!

• Thanks Goats_Hogs & dangerdarrell that's the info I was looking for. I'm sold. Most likely I'll put an order through DDMWorks just after the holidays. First for the 1320 Performance Header & Exhaust combo. I don't believe a flash of the ECU is need for the 1320 exhaust set up Dave@DDMWorks ? After the exhaust is set up I figure can order the SC and perform the ECM flash at that point.

Merry Christmas!

Header is fine. Exhaust is something to look into. You will need a 2 1/2" diameter exhaust for the SC. Anything less will restrict the flow/cut HP. I bought the Welter FSX (I think that was it, Front Side Exhaust in 2 1/2") and I'm really happy with it. Quiet when needed, not loud but louder as you build. Still gets the flow for performance, and keeps the fumes out (at least for us) so no downside....

• Day 2 3 hrs due to learning curve. I installed the rotrex bracket. Hard to get on do to clearances. Had to trim radiator bracket per instructions. Not sure why instructions say to remove water pump access gasket. I put the gasket on the black bracket which I think is incorrect but there is nothing in that access hole that would leak. At least I hope not. When I installed the bracket I was wondering how I would get the last screw in the water pump hole since the auto tensioner was blocking the hole. So I got all the pulleys on but had to loosen frame bolts to make just enough room to get the bolts in. I did have to trim the radiator bracket per instructions. Next step said to bolt the belt tensioner on. Light bulb went on. I had to remove the tensioner that came mounted on the bracket to get at the last water pump screw hole. Did that and put the tensioner back on. Next step is to mount the supercharger to the bracket. That is for another day.