To Boost - or not to Boost

• I placed a cover on the hole in the side of the bellhousing, but I never have seen any type of cover for that hole on top of the bellhousing.

I lost a bolt that secured the driver side bolt holding the coolant overflow tank in place 2 years ago and I was afraid it fell into that hole in the bellhousing. I was worried it might bounce against the flywheel and cause some damage, so I bought an endoscope with a light on the end that connects via USB to my phone and used it to look inside the bellhousing. I never saw the bolt, but at least I had some piece of mind knowing I had tried to find it. Search Google for "USB Endoscope with light". Some sellers call them borescopes, too. To this day, I still have no idea where that darned bolt went!

it may not be easy to manipulate the camera on the end of the cable. I ended up using a thick piece of copper wire that I taped the camera to so I could have better control of where the camera/light were pointing.

Good Luck!

• ok, update on the lost fuel line lock nut....I GOT IT! Thanks for the great tool suggestions, they worked great. It was no easy task though, took me a couple hours of playing around but I got that little bugger out of there. Now to continue with the supercharger install!

• ok, update on the lost fuel line lock nut....I GOT IT! Thanks for the great tool suggestions, they worked great. It was no easy task though, took me a couple hours of playing around but I got that little bugger out of there. Now to continue with the supercharger install!

You know you get the 3-Pronged Probe merit badge for this....

Ooops! Sorry, the Boy Scouts are bankrupt now! :D

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• rabtech thanks again for the suggestion. I must be missing something though. Is there a way to run the fuel pump constantly to drain the tank? Right now it runs for a few seconds each time the key is turned on then shuts off, it’s doable but will take quite some time to drain 9 gallons that way.

• rabtech thanks again for the suggestion. I must be missing something though. Is there a way to run the fuel pump constantly to drain the tank? Right now it runs for a few seconds each time the key is turned on then shuts off, it’s doable but will take quite some time to drain 9 gallons that way.

I would think that you could siphon off most of the gas before trying to empty the tank using the fuel pump trick.

Any automotive store will have a simple siphon kit (you don't want to mouth-start a gas siphon, trust me!). Use a smaller diameter hose (1/4 - 3/8) to keep flow down to a reasonable rate and be sure to collect the fuel in an appropriate container, make sure you are grounded, no static or other ignition sources. It is the vapors that are dangerous, do this in a well ventilated area!

Safety first!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

You can run a jumper across the pins in the fuse box where the fuel pump relay is. I do not have a picture now, but I can take one in the morning and post it up for you. A simple paper clip works perfect and with the key on the pump will run continuously. There are 4 pins for the relay, just have to make sure you get the paper clip in the right ones.

• You can run a jumper across the pins in the fuse box where the fuel pump relay is. I do not have a picture now, but I can take one in the morning and post it up for you. A simple paper clip works perfect and with the key on the pump will run continuously. There are 4 pins for the relay, just have to make sure you get the paper clip in the right ones.

that would be great, thanks Dave. You guys are awesome!