To Boost - or not to Boost

• My riding style is similar to yours. The zzp setup and mostly price interests me. I don't need Tire shredding horsepower. I just would like more horsepower every now and then. I find when I'm passing on the back roads 45-50 I always shift down to third and nail it and that has sufficed. But still wish I had a little more power.

Just a warning about driving habits. Even with a turbo system, you don't want to lug it at lower rpms in the wrong gear. Too much throttle input at lower rpms is sure asking for "issues"

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I am one of the few that have had a turbo installed - then sold it and had a super charger installed. The turbo was a lot of fun but I have to say for me - the SC is much better. Since there are so many that can drive better than me it helps me to keep up — kinda 😂😂

PS — No comments FunCycle :00008172:

When needed Angie can always set in.... She can handle the Slingshot.

• I bought my 1320 header in 2016. How can I tell if it is 2 or 2.5 inch? I'm thinking it's probably a 2.0 but would like to verify before I decide whether I'm getting a turbo or supercharger. I just read the specs on the v1 v2 1320 headers and they're both 2.5. The only thing the V2 was designed for up to 350 horsepower. Is there any reason I can't use my V1 header?

• I actually printed and read the supercharger install manual and it looks like even I could do it. I'm definitely going to go the supercharger route. I would just like to use my current V1 1320 header with cat delete and stock Muffler until I get more cash to upgrade the muffler system. I have an email to DDM to see if I can run this setup. Not concerned if I don't get all the horsepower out of it initially.

• Bill what's your gas mileage with the SC?

I get around 20 - 22 mpg depending on how hard I stand on the gas pedal. IMO the fun of gassing a stock Sling opposed to a SC’d Sling is worth the loss of gas mileage in reimbursement of just pure fun !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I actually printed and read the supercharger install manual and it looks like even I could do it. I'm definitely going to go the supercharger route. I would just like to use my current V1 1320 header with cat delete and stock Muffler until I get more cash to upgrade the muffler system. I have an email to DDM to see if I can run this setup. Not concerned if I don't get all the horsepower out of it initially.

Its probably never going to happen, but I have also read the SC install instructions and if I ever did go boosted I would go with the SC - as you say the install looks fairly easy and I really like that there is no need to mess with oil lines to the oil pan or to have to even mess with taking the pan off and on.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I went with the ZZP turbo and I was shocked that my fuel economy more than doubled according to my digital readout. :00008172:It shows over 80mpg. :00008698:On paper I am getting about 18 but drive hard as I can, not looking for fuel economy just smiles. Burned off another tire this yr with just over 6000 miles but that's why I did it. It's my relive from work and if it costs me a few extra dollars for fuel and a new tire so be it

• I think you should take your machine back because 80 miles per gallon something definitely is wrong with your Gage. But that aside I don't mind losing gas mileage if I'm on it all the time but if I'm doing 55 or less on back roads most of the time I'd like to get better mileage than that.

• I think you should take your machine back because 80 miles per gallon something definitely is wrong with your Gage. But that aside I don't mind losing gas mileage if I'm on it all the time but if I'm doing 55 or less on back roads most of the time I'd like to get better mileage than that.

nothing wrong with the gauges they just don't read the new injectors correctly.

• Look at your gauge and the miles driven then fill up when showing low and the miles you have driven show your close to empty. Never known any one that looks at MPG to know how much fuel is left but not saying you don't but once you change out injectors the distance to empty and MPG will not be accurate.

• The curves just get in you way, RIGHT? That is like someone else that I know, he just likes going fast in a straight line. Take a guess who that is, and he is a big boy also.

Just a wild guess....without sayin any names....

:00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it