To Boost - or not to Boost

• I say save your money. It isn't all that.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA I'm just kidding. I cringe every time I'm in or have to drive a NA sling.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• I think I'm leaning pretty strongly toward a turbo system. I've been chatting with Kyle D about an adjustable system which lets me control the amount of boost from the cabin. I DO like the idea that the SC system delivers consistent power at all times and revs, but it's also considerably more expensive and probably more than I need for the way I drive.
    I've gotta get a few more things settled before I pull the trigger, but I'm thinking of doing this either over my spring break - or in late June before my summer class starts.

Thanks to everyone for your help and advice, I'll keep you all posted on the build as it develops!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Doc&Ruby , I went up and talked with Dave@DDMWorks on Tuesday. He spent a lot of time answering all my questions and made some great suggestions for the install. I too have decided to go with the DDM Stage 1 turbo and a few other goodies. Working with Angie on finalizing the installation for February 2020. Great people to work with at DDMWorks. Can’t wait to get it installed. Thanks Dave and Angie for answering all my questions and concerns. :thumbsup:

• I've gotta get a few more things settled before I pull the trigger, but I'm thinking of doing this either over my spring break - or in late June before my summer class starts.

Thanks to everyone for your help and advice, I'll keep you all posted on the build as it develops!

Not sure which setup you are chatting with Kyle about, we have been using this setup a lot recently and it works fantastic! -

http://www.ddmworks.com/Innova…Wideband-Gauge_p_688.html

It is the same boost controller / wideband we used to set the 1 mile record with our Slingshot and rabtech has been using also. It will allow you to run the base spring pressure on whatever turbo you choose, then you just push and hold a button and instantly you are at the higher boost setting. You can switch back and forth while driving, no problem. With the higher boost setting, the gauge will monitor your air/fuel ratio and your boost pressure, if either of those gets out of line, the gauge will automatically cut boost back to the spring pressure, quicker than you will ever be able to see it happen while driving. Plus if you have any issues and need to know what air/fuel ratio you are running, you will have that information also, it offers a lot of functionality for the price.

Hope that helps,

Dave

• Doc&Ruby , I went up and talked with Dave@DDMWorks on Tuesday. He spent a lot of time answering all my questions and made some great suggestions for the install. I too have decided to go with the DDM Stage 1 turbo and a few other goodies. Working with Angie on finalizing the installation for February 2020. Great people to work with at DDMWorks. Can’t wait to get it installed. Thanks Dave and Angie for answering all my questions and concerns. :thumbsup:

It was great seeing you again and look forward to your install in the spring, that color combination is going to look super clean and nice! :thumbsup:

• Since you seem to be getting everything out of your current setup, and are willing to run it out to redline, a little boost is probably going to work out well for you. :thumbsup:

You also could look at having Kyle set you up with boost by gear if you go that route. That way you have lower boost in the first couple gears and just have the higher boost come on when you are in 4th/5th gear.

• My riding style is similar to yours. The zzp setup and mostly price interests me. I don't need Tire shredding horsepower. I just would like more horsepower every now and then. I find when I'm passing on the back roads 45-50 I always shift down to third and nail it and that has sufficed. But still wish I had a little more power.

• My riding style is similar to yours. The zzp setup and mostly price interests me. I don't need Tire shredding horsepower. I just would like more horsepower every now and then. I find when I'm passing on the back roads 45-50 I always shift down to third and nail it and that has sufficed. But still wish I had a little more power.

I would settle for a Super Charger but it does not fit in the budget.

• I am one of the few that have had a turbo installed - then sold it and had a super charger installed. The turbo was a lot of fun but I have to say for me - the SC is much better. Since there are so many that can drive better than me it helps me to keep up — kinda 😂😂

PS — No comments FunCycle :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• My only issue is I don't want to install it and I live in Maine which is quite a ways from DDM. I've been wanting to get SC for a couple years now but do to costs have been unable to pull the trigger. May be able to do it this spring. Actually I'd have one if it wasn't do to the wife. She freaks out when I nail my C7 vette to the floor