To Boost - or not to Boost

• Yes gauge is as accurate but if you have a gallon left and it says x miles until empty and you keep using the ss how accurate can it be. Miles remaining is based on avg mpg I would assume.

If I understand it correctly the fuel consumption / MPG calculations should remain as accurate as it was stock just so long as you do not change the size of the injectors - - - I believe the computer measures fuel consumption by calculating the amount of fuel supplied by the injectors per pulse times the number of pulses - - when larger injectors are installed in boosted applications the computer does not know that more fuel is being provided each pulse and so the calculations are no longer accurate.

I would guess that it might be possible to reprogram the computer to compensate for the larger injectors, but that's just a guess on my part

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Personally, I wouldn't trust the miles left display if the injectors were changed. The Miles left and MPG numbers my Slingshot showed after I added a turbo were way off. I know I can get around 225 miles from a tank and always try to fill-up before I get much under 1/4 tank left.

• Personally, I wouldn't trust the miles left display if the injectors were changed. The Miles left and MPG numbers my Slingshot showed after I added a turbo were way off. I know I can get around 225 miles from a tank and always try to fill-up before I get much under 1/4 tank left.

Thanks any advice on this issue is appreciated. I never like to be in danger of running out of fuel. Especially with a slingshot. Never know when on the interstate and suddenly the next fuel stop is closed!

• Thanks any advice on this issue is appreciated. I never like to be in danger of running out of fuel. Especially with a slingshot. Never know when on the interstate and suddenly the next fuel stop is closed!

I have always hated the type of fuel gauge where there are digital bars like the slingshot has - my 2016 has 8 bars which would indicate that each bar is 1/8 of a tank - - drives me nuts that you never know where in that 1/8th you really are - did the prior bar just turn off so you have a full 1/8th? or has the prior bar been off for some time and you are about to have the last bar turn off and be SOL? - - I don't like the lack of any in between measurements and as such I always start thinking about gassing up as soon as I only show 2 bars - - heck I am not even sure if my slingshots low fuel light functions - and I really don't want to find out =O

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• ok I couldn't stand it so I went and filled up. Here is what I can show you with DDM supercharger injectors.

Miles 166.6Range 56
    Avg mpg 21.4
    Gal 6.95
    166.6÷6.95=23.98 mpg
    9.7gal-6.95=2.75gal remaining
    2.75x21.4=58.85 miles to empty
    So the 21.4 is not spot on but miles to empty is really close

• Making sure your gas level doesn't go low enough to pump stuff from the bottom of your tank is very important once boost is added to your vehicle. It definitely pays to know how far you can typically go on a tank of gas and to refill before hitting 1/4 tank left. Using 1/4 tank as the minimum low point before refilling allows a decent cushion in case you suddenly can't find a gas station.

• Thanks for really good breakdown. Good stuff! I will be using the 1320 2.0 version 2.5 in. header and exhaust so I believe my mileage will be lower. How much is yet to be seen.

If I remember correctly, Dave@DDMworks was working on being able to make that change in the ecu program

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE