Deer gun season opens in the morning

• I took my wife hunting and set her up on a stand on a ridge. I told her I would run the valley below and see if I could kick something up to her. While I was moving through the woods I heard a shot from her location. I hustled up to the ridge to find her arguing heatedly with another hunter. The other hunter was saying, 'All right lady, it's your elk! All I want is my saddle back!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Its been a quiet morning with just a few distant shots heard. A few does and alot of turkeys, temp really dropped about 8 am. This whole week is about getting my dad out in the woods. I have him set up in his blind with heat and a comfy chair and when he calls and says its chow time i go grab him. Hoping he gets a nice deer, me i live in the woods and can see deer every day.

• This whole week is about getting my dad out in the woods. I have him set up in his blind with heat and a comfy chair and when he calls and says its chow time i go grab him. Hoping he gets a nice deer

So do I! Good on ya for spending the time to get your father out. As I age, I feel my hunting days winding down. I'm going on 60 now and just took a decent cow Elk hunting alone in Eastern Washington. It was all I could do to dress it and make the short pack out. While I was finishing up a guy who camps in the area came by and gave me a hand with the rib cage/neck. He is 49 and was hunting with his 74 year old dad. The next morning he walked through my camp with his 20 something year old son while dad took another route. 3 generations of family hunting together does my heart good!

Shoot straight, kill clean, apologize to no one.

Ge get 'em gooseman !

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I'll NEVER go into the woods deer hunting again. A buddy and I went hunting several years ago in a strange location and seemed to walk for miles before realizing we were lost and it was getting late. Not knowing what to do, he took out his hunting guide book and read that if you get lost in the woods, the best thing to do is to shoot three shots into the air and wait to see if anyone comes to find you. We tried that but it didn't work. He read that if it didn't work, to try it again and wait 10 more minutes. I did, but the same results (no help arrived). He suggested I try it a third time. I said to him that i hoped it worked this time since I was down to my last three arrows!!

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE