• I’m looking at getting a DDM supercharger. Can anyone speak to how loud they are. Any noticeable whine from the SC itself? Any increase in exhaust noise from the added power? I have the welter 2.5in duals right now and they sound awesome, I (and my better half) just don’t want it to be too much louder when cruising. Appreciate any insight.

here’s hoping DDM will offer a Black Friday deal on them!

• I’m looking at getting a DDM supercharger. Can anyone speak to how loud they are. Any noticeable whine from the SC itself? Any increase in exhaust noise from the added power? I have the welter 2.5in duals right now and they sound awesome, I (and my better half) just don’t want it to be too much louder when cruising. Appreciate any insight.

I've considered boost as well and when Angie@DDMWorks started this thread on my birthday day I wondered if it was a targeted ad:) Maybe some day, still waiting on that deal I can't refuse

Dave@DDMWorks

ACarl84 I have had the DDM supercharger on my Sling for a little over three years. I installed it myself which was fairly easy with the detailed instructions that are supplied with the kit. I had the 1320 exhaust installed and I guess it burned the sound dampening material out after a year or so. I had Mr. Welter install his exhaust system and have not had any sound problems since.

My S/C has a whine but to me I love that noise. You will also experience the blow off valve noise. I would highly recommend this kit. It will make you grin like a kid at Christmas when you push the go pedal. I hope that you will get the Black Friday discount also.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

I think Rob the Slob pretty much nailed it. There is a little noise from the supercharger, but not the loud whine a positive displacement supercharger makes. The exhaust noise while cruising around will be basically exactly like it is now, when you get on the gas though, there will be some more volume.

Feel free to let us know if you have any other questions, or you are welcome to give a call also - 864-438-4949

Hope that helps,

Dave

• Thanks for the info! I don’t mind a little added noise/volume (engine noise is part of the SS experience I love anyway) just wanted to make sure it wasn’t going to be obnoxiously loud when cruising. Now on to getting my better half to fully support the expense...wish me luck!

DER i think it was a sign! Treat yourself for your birthday! Unfortunately 2 people doesn’t qualify for a group buy 😁

• I took the leap and ordered a DDM supercharger, very excited! 2020 will be the year of boost for me! Probably won’t get around to the install until closer to spring here in MN... but I do I have two questions right away, I’m sure I’ll have more later on...

Can I run the baffles in my welter 2.5’’ exhaust or do I need to cut them down or remove them entirely with the SC installed? I have the full baffles installed now and I like the sound

My SS is a 2015 with the rear radiator shroud heat reduction kit added after I bought it. What’s the best way to remove it? Does the radiator need to come out? Maybe cutting it out is easier.

• I took the leap and ordered a DDM supercharger, very excited! 2020 will be the year of boost for me! Probably won’t get around to the install until closer to spring here in MN... but I do I have two questions right away, I’m sure I’ll have more later on...

Can I run the baffles in my welter 2.5’’ exhaust or do I need to cut them down or remove them entirely with the SC installed? I have the full baffles installed now and I like the sound

My SS is a 2015 with the rear radiator shroud heat reduction kit added after I bought it. What’s the best way to remove it? Does the radiator need to come out? Maybe cutting it out is easier.

Dave@DDMWorks can help with any questions that you need answered!

Thanks for your order :), we are looking forward to getting yours to you!

On the base supercharger kit with the 105mm pulley you can run the baffles, definitely not on any of the smaller pulleys though (100 or 95).

The easiest way for us to remove the baffle is to pop the radiator out, but we do this quite a bit, so we know where everything is and can do it pretty quick. There are some tricks that do help it go easier, when you get to doing the install, feel free to give us a call 864-438-4949 or 864-907-6004 on the tech line and we can talk you through a couple different ways of doing it to help you determine which way will be best for you.

Dave

• thanks for the info Dave@DDMWorks I’ll be sure to give you a call