• No, but I believe slingshotonly may be the exclusive distributor for twist dynamics now. Or that's my understanding. I know they stopped selling on slingmods. At any rate, this sale ends on 12/15 according to the slinshotonly site.

Slingshot Only is a distributor of twist dynamics products as are many other of us , they are not an exclusive distributor .

• Twist Dynamics, Madstad, and Welter are now all owned by the same company and SlingshotOnly is their distributor. For all purposes, you can think of them all being the same.

Twist Dynamics and Slingshot Only are stand alone companies , totally separate , the only common link is that Scott Macindoe is the major shareholder of both of them , he owns about seven companies that I know of , Madstad is not one of them .

• Twist Dynamics and Slingshot Only are stand alone companies , totally separate , the only common link is that Scott Macindoe is the major shareholder of both of them , he owns about seven companies that I know of , Madstad is not one of them .

Different names but same companies all owned by a majority share-hold of 1

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• my issue with canvas or cloth is the sun is going to kill it. The sun kills everything....it just depends on how long it takes....some materials last way longer than others...but sooner or later they all breakdown....unless it’s metal. Plexiglass degrades also.

my car cover lasted one year....before it ripped....

black is the worst because it captures more heat than any other color.....paint a piece of wood black and it will rot the fastest.

• my issue with canvas or cloth is the sun is going to kill it. The sun kills everything....it just depends on how long it takes....some materials last way longer than others...but sooner or later they all breakdown....unless it’s metal. Plexiglass degrades also.

my car cover lasted one year....before it ripped....

black is the worst because it captures more heat than any other color.....paint a piece of wood black and it will rot the fastest.

And living healthy is simply dying at the slowest possible rate. Nothing lasts forever Bigdog . Nothing.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• And living healthy is simply dying at the slowest possible rate. Nothing lasts forever Bigdog . Nothing.

I have been using a $28 cover I got at O'Reilly's 4 years ago and it still works fine and if it does get the crap ripped out of it, for $28 I'll buy another.

• I bought a car cover at Menard's. It was on sale for $15. (Cheap? Me?. Darn right!!!) It was for a Toyota Corolla, but I bought it to cover my Honda Gold Wing trike when it was in the garage.

I now use it to cover the Sling. It is 7 or 8 years old, but has never been used outside. Amazing how much dust settles in corn picking and soybean harvest season. We are surrounded by farms, and the dust carries for MILES.

• Received my Bullet Speed V-Back Top today. Good quality & styling. I like the v-back it integrates really nice with the back of the sling. Good purchase, only drawback is it limits the area for any storage bags hung from the roll hoops. MeanSling puts out some roll bags that I think will work fine. Also I'm looking into an extended windscreen.

Both on my wish list!

• Received my Bullet Speed V-Back Top today. Good quality & styling. I like the v-back it integrates really nice with the back of the sling. Good purchase, only drawback is it limits the area for any storage bags hung from the roll hoops. MeanSling puts out some roll bags that I think will work fine. Also I'm looking into an extended windscreen.

Both on my wish list!

Check with Doug, SlingLow to see if his racks will work with this top.

Both on my wish list!

Wife and I mount a Thule Luggage Carrier on top of our V-Back, holds 17 cu/ft of her crap including the hair dryer

• So, as a new SS owner that bought one in late September and has not seen hot weather yet..... Why do so many owners say you need a top to get relief from the sun?

I routinely drive thousands of miles on vacation all around the country on my two wheeler and rarely feel like I need relief from the sun.

Is the SS that much hotter/different than my bike???

• So, as a new SS owner that bought one in late September and has not seen hot weather yet..... Why do so many owners say you need a top to get relief from the sun?

I routinely drive thousands of miles on vacation all around the country on my two wheeler and rarely feel like I need relief from the sun.

Yes. I don't think it's any one thing, but may be a combination of less air movement and maybe all the black surfaces around you. My first long trip in my sling was to Key West and I did it with no top. It was like roasting a chicken. If you're like me and get "swamp-ass" on the bike, be prepared for swamp legs and back too. I bought these to help with that.

EDIT: I still don't have a top. I just don't like what they do to the look of the sling. Some look better than others, but even the Polaris top ruins the slings lines, IMO.

It is called skin cancer, I have been burnt, cut, froze and electrocuted since 1982. I have been riding since May, 1964. The things that you do today will come back and haunt you and it is not fun.

Now our experience with installing a roof on the SlingShot is quite the opposite from most other folks, where the top in the summer time tends to hold in the heat more. If it was not for the Madstad adjustable windshield adding ventilation, it becomes quite uncomfortable, especially with stop-n-go traffic. But, with this being said, there still are a couple wonderful benefits with the top where it cuts down turbulence dramatically, making highway riding sometimes more comfortable, and the top make cool weather/winter riding much more comfortable by keeping the passenger compartment warmer.

Bill