• I went to Maggie Valley this year for the first time (loved it!), and one of my goals was to research the best Slingshot top for me. I chose the Stinger, for several reasons:

1. I wanted the look and feel of an open cockpit. I didn't like the front pillars on most other roofs.
    2. I wanted to have quick and easy removal, if I chose to sometime, or the ability to easily take my roof panels with me while riding without them overhead, by simply pulling four pins to take them off and turning them around backward.
    3. I wanted ease of entry and exit - the Stinger swings up and out of the way, yet is strong enough to use as a balance point if needed.
    4. I wanted the ability to have an overhead "console" with reading lights.
    5. I wanted to be able to add a small light bar on the front center of the roof - it's not overly bright, but really helps me watch for deer and other critters in the road at night.
    6. I wanted to be able to install it myself, with help from my son.
    7. I wanted a cheaper price, and did get a bit off by waiting for a sale. Still too expensive, but then I decided on the wait-and-save approach. This meant I drove a lot of miles this summer in 95+ degree heat, but that just makes me appreciate the Stinger roof more.
    8. I wanted a bit less turbulence in cabin, and the Stinger helps a little with this. Most of the air flowing over the stock windshield also goes over the roof. That which flows in from behind the roll bars still does, as does that from around the corners of the windshield. I may well add a rear wind deflector and some Baker wings to counter some of this, though I realize I wanted an open cockpit, which means breezy at times. (With my stock exhaust, I've not noticed any more exhaust fumes in the cabin with the Stinger roof.)
    9. A bit of a surprise to me was that I actually prefer the way the Stinger moves one cup holder up a bit, closer to my shoulder height. It's easier to reach with my opposite hand than the rear one in its stock position.
    10. I really like the look of the Stinger, and have had to convince a number of people that it did not come from the manufacturer with it, that it was an after market add on.
  • lovely. May I ask what you are lowered on and what size wheels are those?

rev dynamics digital air ride and the wheels are stock 2016 SL wheels I had powder coated.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• lovely. May I ask what you are lowered on and what size wheels are those?

He has to be lowered and some say he is vertical challenged. Not sure bout the top being lowered as well. But hey if it works don’t fix it.
    Personally I like me TD ragtop. Use the bar for ease of entry and exit.

JUST SAYIN

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Thanks, I really like the style of the TD Canvas. I believe you also have the racks from slinglow? Also did you have the stock ripper windshield and was their wind buffeting with the TD Canvas & the stock ripper windshield combo?

Yes, I do have the racks from Slinglow and am very pleased with how well they have worked out. I replaced the stock windshield with the F4 +9 shortly after getting my 2018 SL in February and do not remember if there was any buffeting with that or not.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2018 Slingshot SL

Sunset Red

Reading, PA 19606

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• He has to be lowered and some say he is vertical challenged. Not sure bout the top being lowered as well. But hey if it works don’t fix it.
    Personally I like me TD ragtop. Use the bar for ease of entry and exit.

JUST SAYIN

Gee thanks... When your hips and knees give out due to overuse and old age... you def need a TD top to help with entry/exit. I have another 30 years before I have to worry. :P

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Just to keep with the thread, you can see in my pic that I had a roof on my Slingshot. That means that I don't have it anymore and looked all over the admin stuff to try to delete myself from the forum and could not find a way to do it. So, if one of the administrators see this, please delete me because I am not a Slingshot owner anymore. I traded it in and bought a Ural. Now, I am back with handlebars and the wife is in the side car. Bye!

• Yes, I do have the racks from Slinglow and am very pleased with how well they have worked out. I replaced the stock windshield with the F4 +9 shortly after getting my 2018 SL in February and do not remember if there was any buffeting with that or not.

Thanks, I have a beautiful pair of Sedici T2 bags, never used. The top part of the bags is collapsible to about 11 in. and with plenty of Velcro straps, D-rings & handles on the bags I'm thinking they can easily be off-set a few inches if needed. I have time, looking to set up for the trip to Maggie. I had the opportunity to take a test run showing the Baker air wings (thanks EJ). Suppose they will be a good add-on with the top.

• I went to Maggie Valley this year for the first time (loved it!), and one of my goals was to research the best Slingshot top for me. I chose the Stinger, for several reasons:

I'm kind of leaning towards the Stinger now too. Thanks for all the great info! The only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger right this second is the price...

• here are the side shots of my 2017 with the slingshade on it. of course these were before the PRP seats.

to this day, i still think the slingshade is the roof that compliments the slingshot the best in terms of pure looks. It just gives it that TRex look that makes it look so sexy and makes the lines flow. Although i bought mine with the Gullwing top, slingshades would of been my prefered top if it would of came stock.

• Yeah, the slingshade is the only one that truly looks like it belongs on the SS, but between the quality issues and design issues I'm starting to think it's out of the running for me. For $3K it should be better designed and constructed than it is....(IMHO).

That's why I specifically looked for a slingshot that already had the sligshade on it because I knew if I didn't get it up front, that there was no way I was paying $3K for it after I purchased it. I looked at used models with low mileage but I always figured in $3k to the price. At the end of the day, it was more cost effective to get one with the top already included.

I get no flapping around at highway speeds or anything. I get more flapping around of the front two fenders than anything else.

Be safe and God bless!

• That's why I specifically looked for a slingshot that already had the sligshade on it because I knew if I didn't get it up front, that there was no way I was paying $3K for it after I purchased it. I looked at used models with low mileage but I always figured in $3k to the price. At the end of the day, it was more cost effective to get one with the top already included.

I get no flapping around at highway speeds or anything. I get more flapping around of the front two fenders than anything else.

• Thanks to everyone for all the feedback. I'm probably going to wind up going for the Stinger. Now I just have to resist the urge to buy it now, when it's cold and I really don't need it, and wait until next spring. (And maybe catch it on sale between now and then). As much as I want a turbo, it's one or the other right now, and a top wont void my factory drive train warranty :)