• I have the Meansling quicktop and my wife has the Meansling shade. We only use the for hot summer days. Sun is brutal sometimes. We love both. I had mine for a year before she got hers. Shade was not available when I got mine. Really like the shade and ease of install/removal. NO issues at 75+.

• We all have our opinions on what is the best top. What I usually say when I get asked why I chose the stinger top (SUPER early adopter) is... I love the coverage the stinger provides opposed to other tops out there. I further love that I can pull 4 pins and toss the top in my garage or turn it around to carry it with me. There is nothing impeding your view with this top either.

I watched a Youtube video of the Stinger by the guy from Madstat. Overall, I like it. Looks sturdy. Like the fact that there are no pillars or post in the front and that the panels can easily be reversed or removed. The over-head console with lights and switches is really nice too. My only issues are that I'm not sure I'm really crazy about the way it looks. Wish I could find a good picture of a profile shot of a sling with it. All the pics I can find online are from the front or right or left forward angle. Other issues is the price. Ouch.

• wokka thanks for the info. I'm looking into tops. Although I like the style of the TD Canvas I'm hearing some issues with wind in the cockpit and ripper windscreens. Another issue is luggage racks. I like the set I have from SlingLow and it looks like there will be no issue of compatibility with the ez-out t-bar frame. Now just waiting for info on wind in the cockpit using a ripper windscreen.

Frankie55 , I was Slinglow's test dummy when I bought his racks. Been on 4 trips and they work well. The only thing you need with the MeanSling top is longer bolts and 4 acorn nuts to dress it up. Btw, did you install the Bassani muffler?

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• Wish I could find a good picture of a profile shot of a sling with it. All the pics I can find online are from the front or right or left forward angle.

Here are a couple side shots of mine. Just so you know, the roof is mounted in the low position. Can be raised 1” higher overall.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Love the gullwing top.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• Therein lies the problem. You may have to read 100 posts in 10 different threads to get the answer to 2 or 3 questions. It's one of the issues with ANY web forum. It would be cool if someone could create a forum with some kind of intelligent indexing and aggregation that could automatically create a FAQ out of unstructured post data. But until then, the same questions will sometimes get asked over and over.

I didn't consider the possibility that a roof would trap cabin heat. I imagine thee Slingshade would be even worse than a canvas top in that regard. Good info. Thanks :)

The type of windshield will determine how much heat is “trapped”. Low windshields and the double bubbles let in lots of air. when it’s really hot out being able to sit in shade helps more than baking like a French fry.

A ventilated seat can help keep your back cool.

Changing the exhaust system and adding insulation kits can help eliminate some of the cabin heat.

• Had the Stinger put on in Maggie Valley this year.

I am tall so the fixed canvas frames made it difficult to get in and out and the flip up top makes it easy to get in and out. Liked the ability to flip the panels around and drive “open”.

Considered the Stingray as I initially thought the center support bar would be an issue / block line of site.

In hindsight, I think I should have gone with the Stingray for the ability to simply slide open closed or partially open while moving would be very nice.

My biggest issue is exhaust fumes and added heat.

I have the Welter duel exhaust and the exhaust seems to get sucked back into the cabin area. It is very very bad and unsafe. Unrideable in fact.

I added Baker air wings which help flush out most of the fumes but I am still not happy.

That’s not the roof’s fault.

I will probably change out the exhaust because it is just horrible. Will also re-seal the pipe joints to insure no leakage.

• Live-a-Little! put a catalytic converter on it, back when I had the same issue, this resolved it. There are high flow cat's available.

If you are NA with a stock or 1320 header, I have a downpipe with a high flow cat on it from Welter if you are interested.

The CAT just changes the smell to something that might be less noticeable to you. You cannot get rid of the smells unless you get rid of dead air in the cockpit or get rid of the back draft

• Had the Stinger put on in Maggie Valley this year.

My biggest issue is exhaust fumes and added heat.

As an early adopter of the rear dual and stinger top those two combined with the F4 +5 windshield I was faced with tons of exhaust fumes.

The remedy to a livable system for me was the addition of a custom (tight fit) rear windscreen and UAS large wing. I still get a bit of fumes but not nearly as bad as it was.

Here is the thread I made on the custom windscreen. I actually pulled off my windscreen to template it and make a few more for friends. Sure costs less than the versions offered through vendors.

Custom Rear Windscreen for Madstad Stinger Top

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• I have the Stingray, and I really like it. It sits higher than many which I need (6' 3"). With the Polaris top I can barely see out the front.

The ability to open up or close down on the move is great. I often leave it open unless the sun gets down low, or I am stopped in the heat. But when I need it, it takes 2 seconds to close up. The only time I had any issues with the center post on the dash was when I was driving up a winding road and turning right. Other than that i just don't notice it anymore.

• I have the Stingray, and I really like it. It sits higher than many which I need (6' 3"). With the Polaris top I can barely see out the front.

The ability to open up or close down on the move is great. I often leave it open unless the sun gets down low, or I am stopped in the heat. But when I need it, it takes 2 seconds to close up. The only time I had any issues with the center post on the dash was when I was driving up a winding road and turning right. Other than that i just don't notice it anymore.

....so it just has 2 positions (open & close ) no middle position....also any creeking noise while driving.....I might have other questions hope you don't mind.....also do you have any pics posted on this forum..

• ....so it just has 2 positions (open & close ) no middle position....also any creeking noise while driving.....I might have other questions hope you don't mind.....also do you have any pics posted on this forum..

Yes just open or closed. There is sometimes some rattling on rough roads but quite honestly the whole SS rattles on them. I posted pics in the previous monthly photo competitions (7&8).