• I have not had any issues out of it at all. some have complained that the wings might warp but I haven't had any problems. I think it makes it look more like the batmobile lol and less of an off road type vehicle. personally I don't like the flat top types. but that is just me.

Did you have the dealer install it or DIY?

• Your rational for getting a roof is spot on. That said we have a Gullwing on both our slings and love them, one for over 2 years the other for 6 months. The only roof I have heard many negative comments on is the slingshade, this is from people who own them. I know some people like them but most don't. By the way Slingshots only offers discounts on them and own the company that makes them.

Jamesgn

• There are pro's and con's to every roof. I'm on my 3rd SS and got the TD Gull Wing (1st time with a roof) My choice was mostly due to the height above the seat and the easy of entry/exit. Most other tops were just too low for me. What sold me on this was sitting in it.

So, GO SIT IN A SS WITH A BUNCH OF DIFFERENT TOPS! Find a GTG and ask people to sit in theirs. Ask them what they like and dislike. Think about what you need and want vs what is available to offer.

• Do you want to mount cargo above it?
    • Do you want to crawl in like a NASCAR?
    • Do you want it easy to take off?
    • Do you want it to have color choices?
    • Do you wear a helmet or not?
    • Etc. etc.

All of them are DIY-able. You may need a buddy to help, but basic hand tools are all that is needed. No structural modifications necessary.

BTW, Twist Dynamics, Welter, and Madstad are all now part of the same company, sold through SlingShotOnly.com. That's why SlingMods doesn't sell them any more, no other reason.

• Im also shopping for a roof now and im torn between the Slingshade or the StingRay (with the sliding top panels) by Twist Dynamics, hoping to sit in my friends this weekend , he has the Slingshade BUT I like that StingRay......and they both are in the same price range :/

The thing with the Stingray is that post right in the middle of the dash :(

• We all have our opinions on what is the best top. What I usually say when I get asked why I chose the stinger top (SUPER early adopter) is... I love the coverage the stinger provides opposed to other tops out there. I further love that I can pull 4 pins and toss the top in my garage or turn it around to carry it with me. There is nothing impeding your view with this top either.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• The thing with the Stingray is that post right in the middle of the dash :(

True but as with anything, you get use to it and learn how to work around that and make it a positive........and it doesn't look so much as a aftermarket top ( if that makes sense )....the fact that you can slide it forward for some sun shade and slide it back for night rides, I like that feature.....if the Slingshade T-Top doors could be removed , I would have ordered it already...

• There are pro's and con's to every roof.

Yeah, that's pretty much why I started this thread. I don't know a single person in my area that owns a SS so I'm picking the brains of the members here :) I already pretty much know what my preferences are, but since I have absolutely zero practical experience with any of these roofs, my preferences are subject to change based on real-world use cases from you guys.

• If I was buying a top today, I'd probably get the https://allthingsslingshot.com…ts/ez-out-t-bar-top-frame setup with a soft top. This wasn't available when I bought my TD soft top.

I know these aren't technically roll bars, but I do like the thought that these would add protection to me.

I love the look of the sling shade, if only someone would make one out of a metal that could be used as protection. It flows really well with the lines of the sling and especially the Nascar or F4 windshields.

• We have the slingshade on our`s since July we have put 11,800 miles with it and no complaints at all. Here in Texas it is brutally hot, so that was necessary for us. Also the sling panels easily unscrew and you have an old fashioned T-Top look.

• We have the slingshade on our`s since July we have put 11,800 miles with it and no complaints at all. Here in Texas it is brutally hot, so that was necessary for us. Also the sling panels easily unscrew and you have an old fashioned T-Top look.

This TX sun is no joke. Super stoked I already installed my top before relocating to TX.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

Oh so you can remove the panels from the Slingshade on either side...?

• Oh so you can remove the panels from the Slingshade on either side...?

Yes you can, I have the Slingshade also.....But once you do remove them there is no place to store them on board...

I took them off once this summer , The Sun would just beat down on me, I put them back on..Also like today i road 25 miles in the rain and stayed relatively dry......

The only draw back with the slingshade is that [For me away way ] the roof is too low and if stoped under a over head traffic light i can not see it....So i learned the stop a few feet short of the light..

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• Yes you can, I have the Slingshade also.....But once you do remove them there is no place to store them on board...

I took them off once this summer , The Sun would just beat down on me, I put them back on..Also like today i road 25 miles in the rain and stayed relatively dry......

The only draw back with the slingshade is that [For me away way ] the roof is too low and if stoped under a over head traffic light i can not see it....So i learned the stop a few feet short of the light..

Im glad you mention the roof , have to make sure I have my shorty helmet on when I sit in my friends, with his Slingshade...

• Im glad you mention the roof , have to make sure I have my shorty helmet on when I sit in my friends, with his Slingshade...

Good point....when looking for a top, always try to find someone who has the one that looks good and try it on. Some are easy in/out and other not so much. Depends on the top and the person.

• If I was buying a top today, I'd probably get the https://allthingsslingshot.com…ts/ez-out-t-bar-top-frame setup with a soft top. This wasn't available when I bought my TD soft top.

I know these aren't technically roll bars, but I do like the thought that these would add protection to me.

I love the look of the sling shade, if only someone would make one out of a metal that could be used as protection. It flows really well with the lines of the sling and especially the Nascar or F4 windshields.

wokka thanks for the info. I'm looking into tops. Although I like the style of the TD Canvas I'm hearing some issues with wind in the cockpit and ripper windscreens. Another issue is luggage racks. I like the set I have from SlingLow and it looks like there will be no issue of compatibility with the ez-out t-bar frame. Now just waiting for info on wind in the cockpit using a ripper windscreen.

• MeanSling is the best priced of all the tops. I bought mine on a Black Friday sale 2 years ago. My wife was against it and I told here we could take it off whenever she wanted to. That has never happened. Gives you the best coverage of any of the tops on the market. https://www.meansling.com/product-page/meansling-sport-top Here's a few of them.

• I've actually seen a SS with that one on it and it seems really well made. Strangely, slingmods says it's been discontinued, but it appears to still be available on Twist Dynamic's site.

Edit: Actually it appears that Slingmods has stopped selling TD stuff altogether...

Twist is now owned by the same person who owns Slingshot Only. He's keeping it on his website.

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!