Polaris OEM rear fender fitment question?

• Does anyone know why the 2017-2019 Polaris 265MM rear fender Item # 2883496-XXX won't fit the earlier Slingshots?

I can only assume the mounting brackets must be the reason?? Has anyone tried to mount the Polaris rear fender on a pre-2017 slingshot???

Thanks

• I recently saw a diagram that showed the factory fender bolting to the shock mount - it appeared to use three bolts that utilized holes that are not present in the shock mount on my 2016

If this is the case perhaps you could replace your shock mount with a part from a later year and then the fender might work

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I recently saw a diagram that showed the factory fender bolting to the shock mount - it appeared to use three bolts that utilized holes that are not present in the shock mount on my 2016

If this is the case perhaps you could replace your shock mount with a part from a later year and then the fender might work

Thanks- That's what I was hoping!

Can anyone confirm the lower rear shock bracket has changed from 2016 to 2017 on?

Pictures would also be helpful!

• looking at the instructions it looks like the shock parts are included in the fender kit - here is a link with pictures

fender install instructions

• look at the instructions I posted in post 4 above - it looks like there are other parts involved like a support block the goes on the clevis - - it also looks like these parts come with the fender kit

• look at the instructions I posted in post 4 above - it looks like there are other parts involved like a support block the goes on the clevis - - it also looks like these parts come with the fender kit

Assuming this this the case, why would Polaris only say this fender only will fit 2017 on and not our 2016 models?

• The lower shock mount is replaced with a new predrilled one with three bolts and spacer. It all fit real nice on my 2016.5. It really helps with rooster tail and only get maybe half the tub , not hard to clean. Has a nice finish to rear end, no rattling at all. I like it.

Just Sayin

Keep Three Wheels Down

• The lower shock mount is replaced with a new predrilled one with three bolts and spacer. It all fit real nice on my 2016.5. It really helps with rooster tail and only get maybe half the tub , not hard to clean. Has a nice finish to rear end, no rattling at all. I like it.

Just Sayin

Did the predrilled shock mount come with the fender kit or did you purchase it separately?

I also own a 2016.5, Thanks for your help

• Assuming this this the case, why would Polaris only say this fender only will fit 2017 on and not our 2016 models?

I think... Weight restrictions? Perhaps because it's oem.

This is a very common situation with Polaris where they do not acknowledge parts/accessories that have been designed for later models will fit earlier models. Where common sense would tell us that yes, these parts will fit earlier models, in today's sue happy world creating the need for over-controlling rules and regulations, Polaris would have to provide documentation showing where they actually physically tested, and approved, each to assure such fitment. By not doing so not only reduces just cost, probably more importantly it reduces Polaris' liability.

Bill

• Want to bring this back to see if anyone can help me.

How much room is there above the tire? I have a taller tire and was wondering if there was enough clearance for it.

The Slingshot stuff is too much money to just buy and experiment with!

• Want to bring this back to see if anyone can help me.

How much room is there above the tire? I have a taller tire and was wondering if there was enough clearance for it.

The Slingshot stuff is too much money to just buy and experiment with!

I have a 2016 Slingshot with OEM wheels/tires and a aftermarket Asulat fender and have about 1.5 inch clearance. Give http://www.SlingsMods.com a call and talk to them about tire size and fender clearance.