Pedal Commander Settings

• Okay, I figure a large number of us have either already installed the Pedal Commander or will be very shortly. As such I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread where we can share what settings we have settled on as best for the various types of riding we do.

As most of you know my Slingshot is my daily driver, this puts me in probably more around town - stop and go - type driving than some of you. having taken my Slingshot out twice now trying to do the same type of driving I can expect every day I have settled on "sport" as my starting point, really like the responsiveness especially on the more open stretches, but it may be a bit jumpy at lights and in stop n go situations - Sport minus 2 seems to be just about perfect

having said this I keep putting it back up to sport - I am thinking that any jumpiness will probably go away if I just get enough time to really adjust - I think it is a me issue more than a setting issue.

At this point I haven't even tried anything higher than "sport" I know some like plus 3, but I think settings higher than straight "sport" are just not going to be best for my average daily type of driving and will be better suited for when I go on mountain rides.

also if I were to let someone else drive my Sling (which has only happened twice) I am definitely turning this thing off

So anyway - what settings do you like and for what type of riding do you like them

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• Thank You, That is a good idea with the Thread. I will probably install mine on Sling II when I get it back from the dealer service next week sometime. If I had a better back I could move in and out of the position it takes to install it.

• After another day out riding around town I have decided to dial it back one notch to "sport" minus 1.

that 1 click seem to take just enough of the edge off to where it still really responds bt without being too much

I suspect that I will be playing with this allot its just so easy to try a new setting without any worries that you wont be able to get it exactly back to where you had it - - I think its one of the things I like about the user interface of this over just having dial

and unlike other mods where after time you get so used to them that you forget how much of a difference they made with this if I forget I can just turn it off to remind myself :P

so anyway as a daily driver "sport" minus 1 seems to be the sweet spot

at least for now 8o

• I predict.....more speeding tickets and reckless driving tickets....burning rubber is considered reckless driving if the cop feels so inclined...

Interesting - I don't think it will change the odds of me getting a ticket at all

so since this is a "settings" thread what settings are you using that cause you to make this prediction?

• Just to clarify for those not familiar with the Palm Springs area - when I talk about "around town" driving this is not a city with heavy traffic - most of our main roads have speed limits of 50 to 55 and stop lights are a good distance apart - only in the hart of down town Palm Springs is anything close to what I would call stop and go traffic and I am talking about a 5 mile or less stretch of one road going south and perhaps 3 miles of a parallel road going north

anyway I just want o be clear when I say around town driving and what settings I like - it is not what many might be picturing especially if you are a city dweller

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• I played with mine some today, working on a full review, but city -1 seems to be the best with Bob's turbo tune and my setup, otherwise it's just too sensitive. My throttle was already pretty good with this setup and I've got it set with 10 psi of boost right now.

More to come

• It sure does change things....

Anything over city is asking for trouble...it’s so easy to get carried away...

Well since your propensity towards getting tickets is directly proportional to your available performance metrics, I guess you should have bought a Yugo...

Image result for pics of a yugo

You can even get a drop-top.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Oh the memories. A little known fact about the Yugo. It was the first company to have a rear windshield defroster as standard equipment. When the engineers were questioned for making that decision, their response was that market research showed that a substantial amount of these vehicles would be sold to customers in regions that have cold winters. They figured that the real possibility of the cars to break down in the winter would highly benefit having the rear windshield defroster so people who helped push the cars would have hand warmers to keep them comfortable. :):):)

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Oh the memories. A little known fact about the Yugo. It was the first company to have a rear windshield defroster as standard equipment. When the engineers were questioned for making that decision, their response was that market research showed that a substantial amount of these vehicles would be sold to customers in regions that have cold winters. They figured that the real possibility of the cars to break down in the winter would highly benefit having the rear windshield defroster so people who helped push the cars would have hand warmers to keep them comfortable. :):):)

I did not see that one coming! Sorry Edward Neal but it's not a legit thread until it's been derailed at least once.

• Still changing it around - drove into work this morning and by the time I got there I had dialed it back to Sport minus 2, but after work by the time got home I had it back up to straight sport

I suspect these changes are more related to my alertness driving in at 6am being better suited to having it a bit less responsive as compared to wanting to get home at 4:30 this afternoon - - who knows maybe I will end with different settings for different times of day as well as different driving conditions

with the app on the phone and my phone on its mount its right there at my finger tips and easy to change when I am stopped at a light, as such there is no reason to feel like I am stuck at one setting :thumbsup:

i-DLTf8zx-X2.jpg

• I went for a 150 plus mile loop on Sunday.

Kept mine at Sport +3

Roads were all backroad twisty's. Most posted speeds were 45-55mph. Was perfect setting for my driving.

Definitely put that grin back on my face - similar to when I first got the Slingshot.

I could see this setting being a bit too sensitive for start/stop city or bumpy roads.

• I keep going back and forth between sport +1 and sport +3. I like +3 when the roads are hotter and +1 when its colder. We are having huge temp swings this week. Been fun none the less.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Two things to add here - first - I have just left it on "sport" for several days now and I am getting very comfortable with it set there - it seems that I have adjusted to it and it no longer ever feels as if it is to much,

Second I was out playing today and I decided to stop and try sport plus - - forget about it, way to much for me, didnt even make it 30 yards before I got tired of giving myself whiplash and switched it back to sport.

if in when I get out on the open road I may try some of the Sport +1 or +2, but other than that I think I have settled on just straight "sport" as being just about perfect - sporty enough so that I dont forget its there yet no so touchy that I cant get smooth starts in traffic

• Okay I have just left it set on "Sport" now for about 2 weeks and I have become totally adjusted to it at this setting - really loving the new responsiveness that the Pedal commander gives - really wakes things up.

Just for kicks this morning I decided to try "ECO" and all I can say is wow - clearly not something you would ever want to use in every day driving although it might be very useful in the rain - - really cuts back on speed at which power is delivered which could be a very good thing on slick roads with the slingshot

So at this point my view on the settings options of the Pedal Commander and when to use them are as follows:

ECO - - might be good for driving in the rain and slick roads and also perhaps if letting someone else drive my slingshot

City - - Well named and probably perfect in the big city or heavy stop and go traffic. Living where I do I do not expect to use this much

Sport - - This will be my default - perfect for every day driving here where I live I like it right in the center for my normal daily driving, and the range it covers up and down will probably fit 98% of my driving

Sport+ Mode - - only tried it one time and it seems way to touchy for any kind of street driving where stopping and starting are involved - this mode to me might be something I would try on a track, but other than that I will probably never use it

So there you have it - Ed's official setting guide - As I see it, except for playing around with settings just because I can, I expect most of my driving to be in Sport - - believe it or not I am also thinking that ECO will get more use than I was originally thinking, being my daily driver I do get caught in the rain from time to time and I am thinking that ECO just might be a very good thing to try in the rain - It hasn't rained here yet as such this has not been tested so if I change my mind on this I will let you know

As a side note it was mentioned by slingmods that the manufacture is thinking about making the app have the ability to change the name of the settings - if this option does become reality I am going to change the name of ECO to "Rain" and Sport+ will become "Track" - - City and Sport will stay the same :thumbsup:

• Good info all the way through this group buy Edward Neal ! One question I have is 'Does one of the settings mimic the performance without the PC? You mentioned that 'city' mode is adequately named. Does it differ in any way from performance with the unit off?

As far as 'eco' mode, when I was last caught in the rain (LOTS of rain) I simply turned off both nannies and drove like I wanted to live. I think I would prefer that to turning my safety over to the nannies and an add-on device like the PC. Especially if it is not waterproof.

Thanks for all your input on this. I just returned home and my PC has not been installed yet, but I feel like I know what to expect.