SLINGSHOTS IN THE SMOKIES 2020

• It's not that hot....It's somewhat cooler in the mountains and the rains are more localized and consistent (late afternoon). It does mean there will be HOT women there;)..I just got a call from Comfort Inn also to switch the dates. They said they were relatively light for that week in August and should be able to move everyone over that wants to.

• Just realized I'm going to have to burn an additional vacation day now if I want to come on Monday. 5/25 was Memorial day and a day off for me. Guess that's pretty much a non-issue for most here ^^.

• Here is a thought. We are staying at the Quality Inn. I moved my reservation and it went up a bit. I cancelled and rescheduled and it dropped even lower than the reservation before. WOW. Note: We are coming in week before and leaving early so we don't have the group rates.. Just Sayin...

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• Here is a thought. We are staying at the Quality Inn. I moved my reservation and it went up a bit. I cancelled and rescheduled and it dropped even lower than the reservation before. WOW. Note: We are coming in week before and leaving early so we don't have the group rates.. Just Sayin...

Group rates aren't always the best price...

• yes we still planning in September if virus let’s us

Boomer, Teresa and I are really looking at going and since business is in the toilet we may be able too. Are you going to trailer or ride and is their any plans to join up with anyone else?

This is one we have wanted to make in the past and have heard so much about it would be great if it works out. One of the things that worries us is since the last SSroadster events haven't been all that great what do you think about this one?

Jamesgn

• Boomer, Teresa and I are really looking at going and since business is in the toilet we may be able too. Are you going to trailer or ride and is their any plans to join up with anyone else?

This is one we have wanted to make in the past and have heard so much about it would be great if it works out. One of the things that worries us is since the last SSroadster events haven't been all that great what do you think about this one?

Jamesgn

SITS is a Slingshot Roadsters event. It was the first major event and has been good. I wasn't real happy with the Kerrville event last Spring. Maggie Valley and the Smokes a great place to ride.

• SITS is a Slingshot Roadsters event. It was the first major event and has been good. I wasn't real happy with the Kerrville event last Spring. Maggie Valley and the Smokes a great place to ride.

it is a shame but Eureka Springs is toast also - rides are fantastic as you well know - where i first met ya!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Boomer, Teresa and I are really looking at going and since business is in the toilet we may be able too. Are you going to trailer or ride and is their any plans to join up with anyone else?

Jamesgn

Still working on plans Each of us have parents that are the big deciding figure. The virus may change all for this year. I am still going crazy on house arrest.

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Still working on plans Each of us have parents that are the big deciding figure. The virus may change all for this year. I am still going crazy on house arrest.

I think since ya ain’t got much to do - as your bride’s campaign manager - I think you should be workin them phones for donations for the next election! NORMA FOR MAYOR She could be the only thing keepin Mexico from absorbing you guys - that woman don’t play :00008172:

PS - I think you would make a very handsome First Man, Gentleman, Carnal, whatever??? :POKESS:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

Jamesgn

Eureka and Maggie are two different events totally, you won't be disappointed by going to MV, other than the heat and distance :)

• https://slingshotroadsters.com…hots-in-the-smokies-2020/

IMPORTANT UPDATE CONCERNING SSITS 11-16 AUG
    SLINGSHOT ROADSTERS HAS BEEN WORKING VERY CLOSELY WITH THE TOWN OF MAGGIE VALLEY TO ENSURE A SUCCESSFUL EVENT IN AUGUST. AT THIS TIME, WE ARE BEING GRANTED A LICENSE FROM THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA PERMITTING US TO HOLD THE EVENT AS LONG AS WE MAKE THE FOLLOWING STATE MANDATED CHANGES TO OUR EVENT TO REMAIN WITHIN THE GUIDELINES OF THE PHASE 2 STATE RE-OPENING REQUIREMENTS, LISTED BELOW:
    • ALL VENDORS WILL BE THERE DOING INSTALLS.
    • MEET & GREETS WITH SOCIAL DISTANCING WILL BE PERMITTED TO TAKE PLACE.
    • DRIVE IN MOVIES FOR SLINGSHOTS WILL BE FEATURED.
    • CONTROLLED GROUP RIDES WILL BE ELIMINATED. WE WILL BE ALLOWED TO HAVE TWO AMBASSADORS ONSITE EACH MORNING BETWEEN 8 TO 8:30AM TO HAND OUT MAPS AND ASSIST PARTICIPANTS IN MAKING UP SMALLER GROUPS TO TAKE RIDES.
    • WE WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO PROVIDE FOOD AND BEER VENDORS ONSITE IN THE FAIRGROUNDS.
    • WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO FEATURE BANDS & MUSIC.
    • WE WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO HOLD A PARADE OF SLINGSHOTS.
    WITHOUT THESE CHANGES WE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO RUN THIS EVENT. ALL ELSE STAYS THE SAME. THE FUN AND THE CAMARADERIE. BRING ALL THOSE SLINGSHOTS INTO THE FAIRGROUNDS, SHOW THEM OFF, SEE VENDORS, AND TAKE RIDES!!!!!!! TO REGISTER GO TO………… WWW.SLINGSHOTROADSTERS.COM/EVENTS WHILST EVERYONE CONCERNED WITH RUNNING THIS EVENT BELIEVE IT WILL BE A SUCCESS, WE NEED ALL TO BE AWARE THAT, SHOULD THE GOVERNOR OF NORTH CAROLINA DECIDE TO WALK BACK PHASE 2 OPENING THEN THE CHOICE WOULD NOT BE OURS AND WE WOULD HAVE TO BE CANCELLED.
  • Had room reserved at Jonathan Creek this year.

Been holding off on registration to see how things were gonna roll, even if cost would be higher.

Our thanks to ivor in organizing, and the hard work it takes to put on these fine events.

Thank you to the vendors who have supported these events.

Apologies to the fine folks of Maggie Valley from the wife and I. Have enjoyed their hospitality for many years since 2012. Look forward to visiting with them at sometime in the future.

The wife and I will miss all you fine folks this year.

To set aside the time...

To travel...

To spend the money...

To live a week as we have these past few months at an event we truly enjoy...

Quoting ex-prez Bush...

Nope, not gonna do it!

We are all dealing with Covid, real or not.

So, to 2020 I say...

200.gif

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Steve Hope you and Angie are having a good year. Stay safe and have FUN.