Keyless ignition

• Hey guys. For my next mod I'm looking into keyless ignition. How's it working for you if you have it installed? What company did you buy from? My main reason for looking in to it is, well.... I'm a freaking Sasquatch and my knee bumps the key alot. So I'm always in fear that I'm gonna bump it to hard and break the key off. Haha.

So little extra knee room would be good. Plus the other benefits.

wokka I know you have one so i welcome your input

:BLUESS:

2016.5 Blue Fire

Meansling Quick Shade

CAI, Twist Header, Welter Performance Bagger, Pedal Commander

Twist hose kit, DDM coolant tank. TricLED upper brow lights, LED Headlights, 6 ring chasing halos, chasing body lights, chasing under-glows, 360 flex-style wheel lights, lower brow lights, TufSKINZ kits. D ring steering wheel. Baker Air Wings, aftermarket velocity style seats, Twist foam mats, battery jump ports.

• I also have the Digital Guard Dog and am happy with the convenience and security. It's nice not having to dig the key out of my pocket to start the Sling. I chose not to install the $70 key override harness so as to have the additional benefit of security from not being able to hotwire the ignition which is disabled at the key. I put my activation switch right in front of the keyhole on the steering column as it is natural to reach for that location when starting.

Be aware that you will still need your key to lock/unlock the glovebox and storage compartments and be sure to test out your manual override before actually needing it. This is a series of switching off/on as set by the dealer which can be reprogrammed to your own 2 digit code. I started mine up one day and drove 20 miles from home and shut it off only to find out that my fob was hanging on my keyboard just inside the garage door close enough to activate the ignition but I could not restart it. When I tried the manual override it did not work so either it is not functional or I reset it to a new code and did not notate it in the instructions. Guard Dawg told me they can reset it for a $59 charge but I would have to send it to them so it's a winter thing if I don't figure the code out (you can try 3 times then it locks out for 5 minutes so a thief can't just try codes until it starts).

Great mod and I'd buy it again.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I agree with Slinglow, went with the Digital Guard Dawg and am very happy with it. After Slinglow was locked out of his, I practiced with the codes until I could do it pretty easily (changed my code too).

Here is a write-up I did about the code bypass and how it works : Digital Guard Dawg bypass

• jdymag132 you have a message.

I'm not seeing any

:BLUESS:

2016.5 Blue Fire

Meansling Quick Shade

CAI, Twist Header, Welter Performance Bagger, Pedal Commander

Twist hose kit, DDM coolant tank. TricLED upper brow lights, LED Headlights, 6 ring chasing halos, chasing body lights, chasing under-glows, 360 flex-style wheel lights, lower brow lights, TufSKINZ kits. D ring steering wheel. Baker Air Wings, aftermarket velocity style seats, Twist foam mats, battery jump ports.