2020 Events by SSR

• Just my take on things as far as Vendors. I think it's hard to get some vendors to some shows. It's almost like there isn't enough money to go around. You start adding in multiple LED people, some sound guys, a couple of wheel reps, and a couple of go fast parts...and you get a bunch of vendors that make so little that it doesn't benefit them to come back to the next show. If all the shows were like Maggie Valley...I think it would be a different story.

At a show like SSITR, we get roughly 70-90 slingshots there and of that 50% of them usually have everything they want already installed...leaving about 45 Slingshots to spend money on on their slings...now factor in the fact that everyone feels that slingshot parts are overpriced, the desire to purchase anything is low. Especially coupled with Hotel, Gas, Food, and touristy adventures...most people just don't want to spend the money. I can't see how any vendor would want to go out of their way to travel when the possibility of losing money is very high. Like I said...MV is a completely different story.

Year in and Year out, SSITR is always a crap shoot if it will continue. Because hauling everything from event to event gets expensive. Paying employees to work on slingshots...expensive. Hotels...expensive. Feeding multiple employees...expensive. I personally am appreciative that Scott and Ivor have worked it out to even put on a show here. It's not easy. It's time consuming. And they are doing it for 5 SSR shows and I think something like 9 Sling-a-rama shows. We've been lucky to see a couple new shows come up in the last 2 years and it's awesome...shows growth... but if Vendors aren't making money...I can't imagine they will show up at those either.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Thats all very true Br4hm4 but the issue raised earlier, is that Scott/Ivor are turning away some smaller vendors who do want to show up and try, just because it competes with something that they already have.

I get why Scott is doing that, it's his show, he gets to run it the way he wants, but it's not good for the owners, who the show should be about.

SMH (shake my head for you non geeky types)

• I do not generally get involved answering these sort of threads but feel I need to put some comments put out by some of you right.

This will be my only post from me on this subject.

I am the person totally responsible for putting together and co-ordinating all the Slingshot Roadster shows.I also setup all Sling-a-Rama shows.All vendors as long as they are reputable are invited to participate in our shows.
    Scott MacIndoe has encouraged me to take as many as I could fit into the venues.The only exception is Led Lights where I made an agreement with Lite the Nite Leds to bring a team to every Roadster and Sling-a-Rama show.In return they would get exclusivity on led lites.This arrangement applied whilst I owned Slingshot Roadsters and I have carried it on since Scott bought the company.

I noticed a comment Slingmods is barred This is not the case.Slingmods were always welcome at our shows.They made the decision not to attend or advertise on our forum.They would be as welcome as any other vendor.

Another comment by wokka who states that as it’s Scott’s shows he gets to put in vendors who do not compete with him.”Not True”Again I put in the vendors and have never been instructed to turn any away.

I have always found Scott MacIndoe to be a man of his word.I have enjoyed working with him so much so I agreed to do 2020 and hopefully more years down the line.

• Thanks for shedding some light ivor. Helps put some of the rumors to bed.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Just a side note here. ....

I will also say that Scott has been great to work with. We had our initial bit of confusion at the beginning but since we spoke to each other I have had no issues. All of his companies support this forum very well. I have also not heard any complaints or bad service issues on any of his companies either.

Scott and I worked it out so that the forum has permission to setup at any of the events that I can make it to. I have just been a bit busy this year with all the racing and normal work. Maybe things will be a little better next year and I can go to the events on the east coast and the rockies .

Yall carry on. Just wanted to chime in on what little part I have with the events.

• Thanks for the clarification, I was misinformed it seems.

However, I think you do a disservice by not participating on at least this forum, there are a lot of us, many of us attend multiple events and we build a lot of hype for it. It would help you get more info to the newer participants, especially the ones who don't do social media (there are quite a few).

• While we very much appreciate the compliment, we are actually a relatively small company. There is only one real monopoly in this industry and it certainly isn't us (although we continually strive to be better competition year in and year out). We are simply trying to do our best to bring a hands-on experience to the slingshot community across the country while simultaneously trying to satisfy the needs of our online clientele. We love and appreciate every single person within this outstanding community and will continue to do our best to bring you the most enjoyable, hassle-free experience that we can offer. We may falter occasionally, as all companies/people do from time to time, and we sincerely apologize greatly for that and take ownership for those mistakes. What we stand behind is our promise to help rectify those mistakes and to work with our customers to facilitate quick, efficient solutions that allow customers to leave with an overall positive feeling with regards to their experience. And if you ever walk away feeling differently, we implore you to call in or email us so that we can work with you to change that notion. Our customers and this community are our top priority, always.

Joe R.

Joer@slingshotonly.com

• While we very much appreciate the compliment, we are actually a relatively small company. There is only one real monopoly in this industry and it certainly isn't us (although we continually strive to be better competition year in and year out). We are simply trying to do our best to bring a hands-on experience to the slingshot community across the country while simultaneously trying to satisfy the needs of our online clientele. We love and appreciate every single person within this outstanding community and will continue to do our best to bring you the most enjoyable, hassle-free experience that we can offer. We may falter occasionally, as all companies/people do from time to time, and we sincerely apologize greatly for that and take ownership for those mistakes. What we stand behind is our promise to help rectify those mistakes and to work with our customers to facilitate quick, efficient solutions that allow customers to leave with an overall positive feeling with regards to their experience. And if you ever walk away feeling differently, we implore you to call in or email us so that we can work with you to change that notion. Our customers and this community are our top priority, always.

Joe R.

Joer@slingshotonly.com

Its not what you say but what you do when shit hits the fan that matters.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Frank have you spent time in the Maggie area on two wheels.

Always wanted to do the Blue Ridge Parkway on a motorcycle trip. I've been around that area a few times on vacations. Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, TN. Helen NC. Looks like I'll go one wheel better and do a trip on 3 wheels! ^^ Love those mountains!

• Its not what you say but what you do when shit hits the fan that matters.

Exactly, We will always do what we can/where we can to help out our customers, even when circumstances arise that may be out of our control.

• Let me be clear because I was clear not enough before, I bought some items from SSO and within a few months of use they failed and SSO weaseled out of warranting them.

They claimed that because the company was sold, they couldn't honor the warranty which I would have been ok with that statement had they renamed the company or in any shape or form made an announcement saying hey guys the company was sold so anyone who bought anything from us before the new parent company is shit out of luck but they way they did it was pretty sly as in they wanted all the benefits of the established brand but none of the liability......screw that.

What really rub me the wrong way is the product that I needed warranty on was 2 80mm halo's which probably cost them 10 bucks IF that, so they choose to potentially loose a customer over a latte's worth...

SSO burned me twice with misleading website, once was with halos that didn't include wiring or any harnesses yet they advertised them as a complete package with many misleading picture of the product with all harnesses and all items needed for the install, the thread is likely to still be archived here unless it was deleted because I sure as hell called out Jimmy on it back then.

I gave them another chance in late 2017(?) when I bought a set of red hoses that were on sale discounted during their Christmas 25 day sale but little did I know that the brand new Hoses I bought WOULD LEAK and also be discolored, when I called they said that those sale items might be customer returns as well as display items and such and that is why they were heavily discounted, however none of that was stated on the sale page,when a company sells a discounted product unless it is clearly stated in the description I expect the item to be brand new sealed and in FULL working condition, if it is anything
    but new it needs to be CLEARLY stated.

Again all companies will have problems but SSO will do their best to bend you over and fuck you so they can deny liability unless you are a "whale" with notoriety when said problem occur, or maybe they don't like me , all I know is that while I had issues with other vendor here(sending the wrong item or missing parts etc) I have zero complaints about the customer service and the way they handle issues once informed but SSO they never seem to get it right with me and many others so I vote with my wallet and will not buy from them regardless of the discount they offer.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

Edited once, last by Neosolidus ().

• Sir/Ma'am,

As we explained to you and every other customer who was in the same predicament during that time period, when the company was bought from Cycle Springs Powersports and subsequently set up as its own company we were unable to take any documentation/paperwork/receipts from any transactions that occurred prior to the sale of the company. As such, we had no records to verify any purchases that may have been made. Furthermore, as we had just been set up as our own company and all prior purchases went through Cycle Springs Powersports, we did not receive any money for any of those purchases. Therefore, we had no way of verifying purchases or refunding/crediting customers for purchases made through our former parent company. Our solutions for our customers to this dilemma was two-fold.

1) If you required a refund, unfortunately you would have to contact our old parent company as they still had your receipts/transaction records and your money. We supplied everyone who required this solution with proper contact information.

and

2) If you required a replacement part, we would sell the item to you at cost (we make no money on the sale) so that moving forward the item would once again be under warranty. As was stated in the email that you posted, we did this because we felt obligated to help out our loyal customer base as much as we could given the situation that had arose that was completely out of their hands.

We have never offered or sold a "complete and ready to install" halo package. Any halo kits that have ever been offered on our site simply include wire bouquets to make installation a bit easier on the installer. This is done because there exists a multitude of ways to correctly install/splice halos into the existing electrical harness of the vehicle and our kits were meant to be "universal" not placement specific.

With regards to the hose kit claims, again I am happy to reassure every single person in the slingshot community that we do not discount and sell "repurposed" parts unless specifically stated in the product listing, such as with our b-grade large carbon fiber wings. The hose kits that you are referring to were put on sale because we had a significant level of inventory that we were trying to move through at the time. We've sold dozens, if not hundreds of those kits since the time being referenced and have never received a complaint regarding leaking. They are 5-ply kits which make them more durable than the stock kits.

Most importantly, regardless of the product or individual issues that may arise from time to time, we are committed to our customers and to this community. If we weren't I wouldn't take the time to post such a lengthy response. This company does what it can, where it can to listen to its customers and to react and respond in such a way that allows customers to leave with an overall feeling of positivity. We are constantly evolving and trying to find new ways to bring better service and satisfaction to the slingshot community as a whole. Perhaps you did have a bad experience in the past with us and, if so, let me be the first to personally apologize and take responsibility for that. A great deal has changed internally with us over the course of the past 2 years and many within the community can attest to this. Give us a chance to make up for past mistakes and allow us to show you just how much we value and appreciate this community.

Joe R.

Joer@slingshotonly.com

• I agreed to do 2020 and hopefully more years down the line.

That is wonderful news to hear. Look forward to the 2020 event season. You do a FANTASTIC job...Maggie or Eureka is the Slingshot highlight vacation trip of our summers..

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• Just an FYI...

If any members go to buy parts on the Cycle Springs website ... you must call and place your order..

Everything looks legit - you can put items in your shopping cart - you can even checkout over secured website - the money transaction is marked pending to your bank... they even give you a "estimated ship date"

2 weeks later you give them a call to see why your ordered has not went past the "order processed"....

And you hear... "oh the online purchase portion of our website hasn't worked in a long time... always call us with your orders.. "

Cycle Springs DID have an excellent customer service response.. and the RH Upper A-Arm order was over-nighted free of charge. That kind of large/heavy item shipping was not cheap..

We have always valued any vendor with exceptional customer service AFTER the sale was made - mistaken order or missing parts or parts returned... we support the vendors whose customer service proves to outshine the original purchase.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)