2020 Events by SSR

• is ivor the coordinator or is the "monopoly guy" ?

Here is what I know. Ivor can correct me if I get any of this wrong. Ivor was the original owner of SSR doing the events listed on that flyer. He sold SSR to Scott but he continues to organize and hands on run the events. In between the main SSR events, Scott has smaller Sling-O-Rama events at different locations that the Semis stop at while in route to the main SSR events. I met Ivor for the first time at Maggie Valley this year and have been in contact with him since. Spent a lot of time getting to know him and how this whole thing works as there are a lot of haters out there and a lot of supporters as well.

I am going to preface the rest of this by saying I have no skin in the game with any organization doing events other than being a supporting vendor when I can and bringing affordable go fast parts and knowledge to the Slingshot market. I will say this, regardless of what your feelings are about Scott or him "having a monopoly" on these events, Ivor is a straight shooter and a stand up guy. Events like the SSR events are not easy to set up, pull off, and run. There is a TON of BS that a person has to deal with behind the scenes in regards to the grounds they are held on, the city management with their rules and regulations, and vendors. I have done an SSR event and from a vendor stand point, it was very well run and Ivor was present and making the rounds each and every day of the event. From what I know of his background he is not new to the organization of large scale events game and he executes well.

The SSR events are a great way to meet vendors in person, both for the consumers and for other vendors, and consumers get some first hand insight as to possible mod options for their Slingshot. A lot of the same vendors are at a lot of the same shows and are not owned by Scott. Like ZZP for example. The money I made at these events did not go into his bank account. You could look at these shows as "a monopoly" (which I personally do not feel is the case) or you could look at it as a handful of dedicated vendors, outside of the ones owned by Scott, who are/have committed to going to multiple shows to support the Slingshot community across the U.S. Anyone can hate all they want, but at the end of the day, there isn't another person putting on this many shows for our market year after year regardless of turn out.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• I think Guardian_Angel was asking if the 2020 events were going to be structured with an event overseer.

Structured events are great for first timers as well as the old hands.

Folks know they can book the hotel and expect to meet others there.

They have an itinerary of things to do and can schedule their day around those.

Versus

Unstructured...

For three days, at this location, on these dates...

we will open trucks, throw up some tents, food booths, be doing installs, and you can get a room.

For the old hands, no problem winging it and making stuff happen.

First timers, paying for a cruise package and being handed a box lunch and a bottled water, are gonna be a little more than disappointed.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Thank God they didn't schedule Texas Hill Country on the weekend of Easter again.

What I find disturbing since Monopoly Guy (MG) took over these events is the lack of competition from vendors. Now only certain vendors are approved by MG. Ie. "no LED vendors will be allowed to attend and setup but company X"

Not to mention the drama/treatment MG created on FB and at the past Texas event surrounding the Veteran Owned Slinshot group.

I personally will attend these events but will no longer register for them. I'll show up and ride, but they isn't getting my money.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• I enjoy the events ivor coordinates very much. No complaints here against any part or portion...

I do have some reservations about attending SSR events when ivor is no longer the coordinator....

Ivor is a great event director. And yes steve and i heard a gentleman in line in front of us just hammering Ivor about fees and such.... to which he heard :

The main gate worked as both an entrance and an exit....

We had a good time... at all 4 events... we have no problem with what we paid for each of the experiences.

I'm not sure I would have the same experience with another coordinator...

Some ppl are just natural born "ppl persons" and some ppl are just natural born "salesmen wearing a smile".

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• What I find disturbing since Monopoly Guy (MG) took over these events is the lack of competition from vendors. Now only certain vendors are approved by MG. Ie. "no LED vendors will be allowed to attend and setup but company X"

Not to mention the drama/treatment MG created on FB and at the past Texas event surrounding the Veteran Owned Slinshot group.

I personally will attend these events but will no longer register for them. I'll show up and ride, but they isn't getting my money.

This is exactly what I have issue with... Slingmods being shut out, and the events monopolized to pad the pocket of one man. We did not make any purchase from under the monopoly tent. And we looked at the merchandise in others tents and waited to return home to make purchases just so all the money went to the sole vendor... and none went to the monopoly tent. And slingmods has always - from the start had quality products with phenomenal customer service.

We did get the hood painting done at Maggie valley by Sara.... hard to purchase that online...

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• Due to my vacation time limitations - if/when ivor relinquishes SSR events completely... we will most likely attend other events or take the trips steve and I have discussed taking in the slingshot for years and just havent.

• Agreed, it's not fun having one option to buy at the smaller events. MV had a couple of choices. Their specials aren't really that great, so nothing to really entice me to buy at an event from them.

I'm going to see you guys, not them. I'll check out the vendors to get ideas of mods, but that's it really. DDM, Kev and Slingmods get most of my mod money already.

• Vegas must be too far for SSO

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Looks like there is one planned, but it's a Sling-a-Rama event, not a roadsters event : https://slingshotroadsters.com…ng-a-rama-las-vegas-2020/

The flyer I posted was strictly the roadsters events it seems.

Correct...it will be a Sling-a-rama event. I heard some rumors about James McCrae being a part of that event...but like I said...rumors.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...