Cracked Front Passenger Fender

• Hello

We have a 2019 SLR purchased 2 months ago. It is the ICON series in Daytona yellow. Today while cleaning it, I noticed a crack has developed on the inside of the front passenger fender up near the headlight area. It has not propagated thru to the surface yet.
    I was wondering if this has happened to others and is there a common issue here?

• I have been on here since May of 2017 and this is the first time I have seen this issue. I also have not seen it talked about on the various Slingshot facebook groups I follow - - as such I do not think it is a common problem.

As Maverick5990 suggested it should be covered by warranty

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have been on here since May of 2017 and this is the first time I have seen this issue. I also have not seen it talked about on the various Slingshot facebook groups I follow - - as such I do not think it is a common problem.

As Maverick5990 suggested it should be covered by warranty

Same... Been hoarding sling data since early 2016 and this is a first. Are you sure it wasn't hit?

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Perhaps Ruptured Duck or airoutlaw can assist with a more eloquent answer... but here goes:

No you do not have cracked fenders as viewed in your pictures. It is also pictured on our "ejector side" passenger fender.... ejector side of molded plastics is most often from the side not in clear view, or in a prominant view by customer or others... it also is where the date code, part number is found and identifies as to what plastic material it is made of. Molded automotive parts are given a definition to each surface... A - being most visible surface, then B, C, and finally D - being the most hidden.. for example your skid plate underneath your car would be a "D surface" while the interior dash would be an "A surface".

The ejector side of the slingshot hood is most likely a B surface. It is seen, but only when the customer opens it.

Ejector side of molds means there are several moving steel parts. Because it has paint on these "seams" its not from hanging on the paint racks during paint line. And because these "seams" are not visible to the "A surface " or topside of the hood - one can assume these are ejector plate markings. Which is not a defect... crack... it is the quite normal for large plastic pieces being assisted in removal from the mold in the injection mold process.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• As Orangeman said...

Mold parting line or part ejector marking.

You will find numerous lines and ejector markings of this nature throughout the back sides of all plastic body panels.

Things that make you go, "Hmmmmmm"!

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Thanks for the explanation.

Just received word from my dealer and you are correct it is a mold line. They checked new units on the floor and those had the same line. I have asked them to record my concern in case it does turn into a crack.