Are the Bosch 17025 LSU 4.9 O2 Sensor and the Innovate Motorsport 3888 4.9 O2 Sensor wired the same?

• Planning on replacing both my stock O2 Sensor and my Innovate 3888 4.9 O2 Sensors since the O2 Sensor placement on the Slingshot places them very close to the manifold where they can expire early due to heat exposure. I've found the Bosch 17025 4.9 sensor to be significantly cheaper, but wonder about the pin-out since Innovate uses a customized connector with their name on it. I'd love to save some $$ if they're compatible with each other.

• Just after I posted this, I found an EBay listing claiming compatibility for the Bosch 17025 -

"Direct plug in replacement for Innovate devices and Others, no modifications needed
    Other part number:

• AEM # 30-2004

• Autometer # 2243

• FAST # 170408

• Dynojet Wideband Commander # 48292001

• GM # 12575657

• AC Delco # 213-1572

• PLX Devices # Type B

• Motec # 57005"

from https://www.ebay.com/itm/Unive…AEM-30-4110-/303157478596

• Miller Time, I haven't actually installed the EBay Bosch 17025 O2 sensor I referenced above, but now that I've removed my TD Top and the dash, I was able to compare the two connectors. Both connectors use the same color wires in the same positions, so I'd assume the two are compatible. Over the next week or so, I plan on replacing the O2 sensor for my SCG-1 AFR/Boost gauge along with trying to remember to grease my U-joint and replacing the trans fluid and angle drive lube and inspect my rear fuse block, so I should know for sure in a week or so.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• Miller Time, I haven't actually installed the EBay Bosch 17025 O2 sensor I referenced above, but now that I've removed my TD Top and the dash, I was able to compare the two connectors. Both connectors use the same color wires in the same positions, so I'd assume the two are compatible. Over the next week or so, I plan on replacing the O2 sensor for my SCG-1 AFR/Boost gauge along with trying to remember to grease my U-joint and replacing the trans fluid and angle drive lube and inspect my rear fuse block, so I should know for sure in a week or so.

Thanks for update. Just let me know when you know for sure.

• Went to HF and bought their 3/8"-drive O2 Sensor socket (they didn't have the offset version). When I got home, I was reluctant to force it over the sensor cable, so I went to a different HF and bought the offset version. Turns out I was able to fit the socket over the cable, but couldn't get the leverage needed to loosen the sensor and ended up using a 7/8" open-end wrench to break it free. I then quit to come inside and find my SCG-1 manual so I could calibrate the sensor to the SCG-1, which I plan on doing tomorrow and then installing the new sensor.

Comparing the two sensor assemblies, the replacement I bought using the above EBay link looks identical to the sensor that came with the SCG-1, with the newer cable being about 6-8" longer, the wiring the same colors and connected to the same locations on the connector. The new sensor also has anti-seize on the threads. Will hopefully test everything tomorrow.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• I just installed an Innovate gauge now that I have the Rotrex super charger. I have about 90 miles on it now and worked well until the other day. The gauge is throwing an O2 E2 error which means the O2 sensor is not detected. I checked all wires and cables and all have solid connections. Could that error mean the sensor failed? I read that these sensors can’t be too far in the exhaust flow and I think that’s the case here. The bung on the 1320 header looks to be shorter than what innovate suggests. Any ideas how to resolve that?

• I just installed an Innovate gauge now that I have the Rotrex super charger. I have about 90 miles on it now and worked well until the other day. The gauge is throwing an O2 E2 error which means the O2 sensor is not detected. I checked all wires and cables and all have solid connections. Could that error mean the sensor failed? I read that these sensors can’t be too far in the exhaust flow and I think that’s the case here. The bung on the 1320 header looks to be shorter than what innovate suggests. Any ideas how to resolve that?

If you bought the Innovate gauge, check with them to see if it's still under warranty, although they may not guarantee it on the Slingshot since it must be installed so close to the turbo. I ran my Innovate SCG-1 AFR/Boost gauge with the supplied O2 sensor for 2 years and am now in the process of replacing it. For most of the past 8-12 months, my Innovate SCG-1 AFR/Boost gauge would occasionally drop the AFR/O2 sensor display and then it would come back. I assume this was caused by a short in the cable, but I guess it might have also been related to having the sensor so close to the turbo due to space restrictions on the Slingshot. This link explains the differences between the 4.2 & 4.9 sensors - https://www.innovatemotorsports.com/support/49.php. Innovate also sells an Bung Extender that allows the sensor to be raised out of the main exhaust path to better protect the sensor while still allowing proper performance of the sensor - https://www.innovatemotorsport…3729.html?category_id=250. Not cheap at $90, but if my replacement sensor fails the same way, I guess I'll give it a try. Try a Google search for "O2 sensor bung extender for LSU 4.2 or 4.9 sensors" and then select Shopping. I found an extended bung starting as low as $10 (EBay) plus other sources such as ZZ Performance ($25).