No more swamp a$$

• For anyone that has considered cooling seat pads for their SS, I can recommend these. I rode to Key West and back last month and they made a huge difference. Obviously they're not designed to get wet but they got soaked while parked once and still worked fine, although they do soak up a ton of water and take forever to dry out. The only other issue was that there really isn't anywhere under the stock seat to attach the hooks on the front of the pad, but I just left them hanging and it still stayed put fine. As far as bang-per-buck goes, this is probably the best accessory I've purchased so far. A must-have if you travel in hot climates and suffer from swamp a$$ like I do. :P

• I bought a very similar set over at Ebay a month ago too. Unfortunately, it did not arrive in time for the Eureka Springs trip but I've been using it since. I agree - it does make a HUGE difference, even if not plugged in. I could tell even while just driving the 30 mins home from work in the Texas heat (record = 109 degrees on the freeway!) that it kept my back cool-ish and not sweaty.

Some thoughts if anyone else is looking to buy:

• Check for on/off/speed control. The one I bought doesn't have it so I keep having to manually plug it in each time and remember to un-plug.
    • Check for cord length. The one I got just barely had a cord long enough to reach the cigarette lighter from the drivers side. In fact, because the cord comes out of the right side of the pad, I would not be able to use the one I bought on the passenger side - the cord wouldn't reach.
    • Because of the 2 bullets above, I'm going to re-wire it to a switch on the dash (My-Toy Stereo Mount).
    • The latch elastic BARELY fit around the top of the seat. I presume they are designed to go around regular head rest posts and not the full seat we have. Took me quite a bit to get them eventually latched.
    • SZ is correct - nothing to latch them to under the seat. I just did the best and left it there.
    • Even unplugged, it does keep you from getting soaked.
    • It will conform to the seat over time due to heat/sun, but it still keeps you in a higher seating position - about 1". Think about that if you have a roof.
  • I actually like the Ventisit Ventilated Seat Cushions sold by allthingsslingshot.com - - I have been hesitant in the past due to the rather high price, but I suspect that sooner or later I will order one, hopefully before next summer 8o

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I actually like the Ventisit Ventilated Seat Cushions sold by allthingsslingshot.com - - I have been hesitant in the past due to the rather high price, but I suspect that sooner or later I will order one, hopefully before next summer 8o

We do like ours with a couple of issues, the first is that every time we get into the SlingShot we need to fidget around the bottom part of the pad because it is just a bit too narrow to fit our 2015 stock seats correctly. The second is that they work so well to keep us cool that when the temperature drops our backsides tend to get a bit chilled. Yea, I know, just being whiny! ;)

Bill

• We do like ours with a couple of issues, the first is that every time we get into the SlingShot we need to fidget around the bottom part of the pad because it is just a bit too narrow to fit our 2015 stock seats correctly. The second is that they work so well to keep us cool that when the temperature drops our backsides tend to get a bit chilled. Yea, I know, just being whiny! ;)

Bill

thanks Bill - good information :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies