Pedal Commander Group Buy In........

• For those people that want to go this route. IMHO if you are going to push the limits like on mountain roads the Pedal Max/Commander can get you in trouble REAL quick. I found this out this morning, I am just saying you need to be careful. I was set on Sport 1. Some time in the future I will be getting rid of it all together.

For those of you who may not know FunCycle, those of us who have known and ridden with him will tell you he can handle the Slingshot and the Roads.... If he says take care----TAKE CARE.

• I’m running the pedal max on about the same setting.....I’m also running the Nitto 555 G2. There are times when I accelerate In a hard turn the rear tire seems smooshy. That said I’m also very close to the wear bars. I don’t know if the tire sidewalls are breaking down or if the rapid acceleration is Distorting them....when I feel that happen I let off the gas.....but knowing it usually happens I’m less likely to gas it in the turns.....I notice It mostly When I’m turning at an intersection.

• For those people that want to go this route. IMHO if you are going to push the limits like on mountain roads the Pedal Max/Commander can get you in trouble REAL quick. I found this out this morning, I am just saying you need to be careful. I was set on Sport 1. Some time in the future I will be getting rid of it all together.

You always have the option to turn it off or lower the setting. I'm only running city+2 and it's very comfortable.

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• You always have the option to turn it off or lower the setting. I'm only running city+2 and it's very comfortable.

or don't buy that gimmick and just mash the pedal get the same result and have 300 left in your pocket.

It has been out for over a year now, where are the test proving it does anything other than placebo effect?

Again there are vehicles out there that do benefit from a device like this but from driving NA slingshots with and without one I can say the NA slings is not one of them.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• You always have the option to turn it off or lower the setting. I'm only running city+2 and it's very comfortable.

there is no doubt the commander can be set to where it can be way to touchy - it can go from a setting like a very slowly sliding dimmer switch to a virtually instant on light switch - - to me I think FunCycle makes a very important point, when downshifting going into a turn and then getting on the gas to power out of that turn having the setting too high and getting on the gas too hard could very easily get you into trouble. Personally I do not think the higher "sport" settings are really intended for this kind of driving - probably more suited to decreasing reaction times in a drag race or in a passing situation - - When driving a road race course or a mountain road there is much more subtlety involved in the technique of how to best approach and enter a turn and then exit it - and its not just about finding the best line and mashing the gas like you might in a drag race - there is a great deal of skill and control involved in doing it right which is probably much better suited to the lower settings on the commander instead of the fast twitchy settings you might like for getting off the line quickly

frankly if I could re-label the settings on the commander I might have it go eco, mountain, sport & drag - - 8o

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• It’s always good to be cautious and know your limits and your vehicles limits. Some people are just better overall drivers than others because of not just experience but becoming one with your vehicle. After a while a good driver always knows their skill and vehicles limits.

• It’s always good to be cautious and know your limits and your vehicles limits. Some people are just better overall drivers than others because of not just experience but becoming one with your vehicle. After a while a good driver always knows their skill and vehicles limits.

unfortunately discovering your vehicles limits on a mountain road can have serious consequences. I was lucky enough back in the early 70's to be able to attend the Bob Bondurant school of high performance driving when the school was located at the now long gone Ontario motor speedway - I got to use my own car for all of the on track parts of the class it was a 1964 356C Porsche and I got to really learn the ins and outs of that car in an environment where my mistakes were only learning experiences with no risk to myself or the car - - out on public roads where a mistake can kill you or someone else I would never push a vehicle the way I did on that track - - - hell, as long ago as that was I'm not even sure I remember most of what I was taught in that week long class - - too many years of trucks, suv's and other land yachts to even practice any of it - the the Slingshot is the first thing I have had since that Porsche that I would even dare to compare in its ability to take a corner and at 66 I have no desire to see if I can still push the limits like I did at 18 - reaction time probably isnt even close :/

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• or don't buy that gimmick and just mash the pedal get the same result and have 300 left in your pocket.

It has been out for over a year now, where are the test proving it does anything other than placebo effect?

Again there are vehicles out there that do benefit from a device like this but from driving NA slingshots with and without one I can say the NA slings is not one of them.

If it doesn't do anything why did he warn us not to use it in the mountains?

I got caught in a down pour today.....my back tire is close to the wear bars....so I was very mindful of my speed and the road in front of me.... I kept thinking about all the Slingshot spin out stories that have been told...

At first I thought the pedal commander was a gimmick....it has changed my mind.....

• unfortunately discovering your vehicles limits on a mountain road can have serious consequences. I was lucky enough back in the early 70's to be able to attend the Bob Bondurant school of high performance driving when the school was located at the now long gone Ontario motor speedway - I got to use my own car for all of the on track parts of the class it was a 1964 356C Porsche and I got to really learn the ins and outs of that car in an environment where my mistakes were only learning experiences with no risk to myself or the car - - out on public roads where a mistake can kill you or someone else I would never push a vehicle the way I did on that track - - - hell, as long ago as that was I'm not even sure I remember most of what I was taught in that week long class - - too many years of trucks, suv's and other land yachts to even practice any of it - the the Slingshot is the first thing I have had since that Porsche that I would even dare to compare in its ability to take a corner and at 66 I have no desire to see if I can still push the limits like I did at 18 - reaction time probably isnt even close :/

it’s usually the speed that kills.....cockiness ....over estimating your driving abilities....under estimating your vehicle...I learned a hard lesson about gravel on the road.....And too much speed in a curve.....with my motorcycle.....Speed and gravel wins every time....

• there is no doubt the commander can be set to where it can be way to touchy - it can go from a setting like a very slowly sliding dimmer switch to a virtually instant on light switch - - to me I think FunCycle makes a very important point, when downshifting going into a turn and then getting on the gas to power out of that turn having the setting too high and getting on the gas too hard could very easily get you into trouble. Personally I do not think the higher "sport" settings are really intended for this kind of driving - probably more suited to decreasing reaction times in a drag race or in a passing situation - - When driving a road race course or a mountain road there is much more subtlety involved in the technique of how to best approach and enter a turn and then exit it - and its not just about finding the best line and mashing the gas like you might in a drag race - there is a great deal of skill and control involved in doing it right which is probably much better suited to the lower settings on the commander instead of the fast twitchy settings you might like for getting off the line quickly

frankly if I could re-label the settings on the commander I might have it go eco, mountain, sport & drag - - 8o

Thank You Edward Neal some people just do not believe what you are telling them, even with 96,000 miles showing and most of it in the mountains. They have an opinion even when they do not get out of town. Yea I know I am being an ASSHOLE.

• One of the things I like about the pedalmax over the commander is the control knob. If it's a problem I can reach down and shut it off without taking my eyes off the road.

Try turning it down in the middle of a corner when the throttle is (in a way of speaking jumping up and down) and the Sling is sideways. Hey bud, I have even been riding bikes since May of 1964. Some people just do not believe anything you tell them. Oh! and by the way 500 miles pushing the limits in the last 3 days. Nuff said. You do know Y'all do piss me off sometime

• Why do you even have it?

Turn yours off, then set it on City +2 and you will see why. It eliminates the lag, but still gives you full pedal feel. I like it and mines not for sale. The problem with most is that they set it too high then hit a really bumpy road and the accelerator is all over the place. I drive with it set on what I like and it works well with my tune. No it does not make it any faster. The feel is entirely in the foot. You don't like the Pedal Commander, I don't like, well I won't go there. See you in Bristol!

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• Turn yours off, then set it on City +2 and you will see why. It eliminates the lag, but still gives you full pedal feel. I like it and mines not for sale. The problem with most is that they set it too high then hit a really bumpy road and the accelerator is all over the place. I drive with it set on what I like and it works well with my tune. No it does not make it any faster. The feel is entirely in the foot. You don't like the Pedal Commander, I don't like, well I won't go there. See you in Bristol!

And how many miles have you run with it and what kind of roads. and that makes you smarter than anyone else. The whole point is straight ling/city driving is one thing and miles and miles on mountain roads is another ball game. Try it with the ass end of your Sling hanging out on crooked roads and by the way I ran it on city one one today and if you do know what you are doing on crooked roads you can still get in trouble. That is all I have to say on the subject. Now go Find someone else to argue with.

• And how many miles have you run with it and what kind of roads. and that makes you smarter than anyone else. The whole point is straight ling/city driving is one thing and miles and miles on mountain roads is another ball game. Try it with the ass end of your Sling hanging out on crooked roads and by the way I ran it on city one one today and if you do know what you are doing on crooked roads you can still get in trouble. That is all I have to say on the subject. Now go Find someone else to argue with.

Gerald, no where did I say that I was smarter than anyone else. I am using it as I see fit for me. It was never intended to be an argument.

• I have mine set at Sport +3

That is where I like it for all driving conditions.

I had to bring my Slingshot in for the fuse recall so, I shut the Pedal Commander off about a mile before the dealer (didn't want to surprise the mechanic).
    After turning it off, I remembered why I bought it.

It's like any mod. Some people like it, some don't. The nice feature is that there are so many settings, it can be tailored to your liking.

• I set mine on city mode last year at the end of riding season, I forget I have it. I've done some in sport and sport+ last year, the road better be smooth and you have to do things a little different or like Gerald said, you'll get yourself in trouble real quick. I think sport/sport+ would be good on the highway and roads with sweepers. Gonna have to remember to play around with it next time I'm out. I'm with ya EJ... FunCycle can drive the wheels of these Slings, he's very skilled, it would be wise to heed his advice. ;)