Pedal Commander Group Buy In........

• Sweet! It's raining pretty steady out here and I'm leaving Friday for a 9 day Elk season so I may not get to try it out in the 30 day return period. That's one reason I waited to hear more feedback. I'm sure it won't disappoint!

Smoke 'em if you got 'em! :00007505:

I've heard they work on vettes too.

• I've heard they work on vettes too.

How ya doing BryanL ? The Sling could use this - the vette needs it! I was surprised how much throttle input (pedal) it takes to wake it up. The LS3 motor turns such low rpm that you need to kick it hard enough to drop a gear or two before it launches. I see why the manual is the choice for the enthusiast, but with a lifetime of driving sticks it's time to relax a little. It does have the paddle shifter for a straight-line giddyup.

We're looking forward to the Trans Siberian Orchestra concert you're taking us to next month. Do you two have a dinner place in mind?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Well I'm in. Are you happy you bunch of enablers? And I've been doing so good this year enjoying the Sling in it's current incarnation. I believe if you go back in this thread, I never said I was ready to buy. I just acknowledged the possibility based on the product description. Next thing I know my name is on the list and I didn't feel it was necessary to have it removed. I didn't want to let the group down and when it filled so quickly, figured I could hide in anonymity. Slingmods has obviously fulfilled their desire for 20 units and more. So I waited for your reviews and dadgummit, no one has pooh-poohed the product or it's performance. I waited to hear from maverick5990 , a well respected OG who hangs out with the boosted boys and Edward Neal who does not have a predisposition toward mods. Two more thumbs up. It's all about smiles per mile and I certainly don't want to miss an opportunity to up mine! Bring it!

You will not regret sir - I would have been the first to ship it back if I did not feel I got my moneys worth.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• For those of you who purchased this beware that there are a few people(on youtube) allegedly having issues with their throttle position controller after changing modes on the fly(while driving) and getting CEL.

One person even had some weird issue which caused a system wide electronic malfunction while driving and almost caused a "crash".

None of them are slingshot but the technology is the same for everyone so I would limit my changes to only when the vehicle is parked.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• For those of you who purchased this beware that there are a few people(on youtube) allegedly having issues with their throttle position controller after changing modes on the fly(while driving) and getting CEL.

One person even had some weird issue which caused a system wide electronic malfunction while driving and almost caused a "crash".

None of them are slingshot but the technology is the same for everyone so I would limit my changes to only when the vehicle is parked.

Neosolidus can you clarify between parked and engine off?

• Here is one of the video that shows one of the vehicles having what could have been a catastrophic failure(no joke) they claim to have had the PC for about a year no issues.

PS. Pedal Commander official youtube channel posted a video not long ago saying not to use the device when the vehicle is in use(around 2 minute mark).

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• After talking to John @ Pedal Commander last night about the Android App not mirroring the unit's face he said he would correct it- well lord and behold I went to my SS today and the Pedal Commander automatically connects to my phone and it exactly reflects what's on the face of the unit itself-that's service all the way back to the manufacture!

• parked and engine running gas pedal untouched seems to be the key to not triggering any issues.

I just got back after about an hour using the Pedal Commander. It make a notable difference in how the pedal feels depending on what setting you are on. City mode is pretty much stock + or -. Sport is a lot peppier and doesn't require nearly the pedal input. Sport + requires very little pedal input and is VERY touchy. I liked Sport with no + or - with my ECU tune. Keep in mind, the asphalt temperature was not very high and grip was not very good. If you change the setting on the fly, and are holding the pedal steady, you will accelerate. I also would recommend only changing the setting while parked. To those of you in warmer areas, you will get more benefit of this at this time of year. Those of us in the cold mid-west will have to learn to drive all over again. When using the higher settings, get off the clutch quickly or you will notice a certain smell (don't ask how I know).

I left the house in City mode and the wife wasn't impressed. "Is that all it does", she said. I pulled over and changed it to sport +1. Her impression against the seat back changed considerably. With the re-tuning of the ECM and the addition of the Pedal Commander, I don't see any reason that I would ever need a turbo of supercharger. If you are on the fence, go to slingmods.com, enter the code PCGROUP at check out and buy one.

After playing around with some really quick starts, getting all over the gas pedal and a couple of 100 mph runs, I still got 25.3 mpg. More horsepower, no, but you sure get there quicker!!!

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• They tell you not to change settings while driving.....so does that mean you need to turn off The key before changing settings?

• .....Im not seeing my cell phone screen mirroring the controller but I see a new version 1.2.3

.....had some more seat time today , ran it up to Danbury CT. This time I keep it on sport +2 all the way up and all the way down I-95 & of course got caught in traffic again coming back down (everyone always going to NYC on the weekend smdh) BUT it felt nice at sport +2 , responding better, passing better shyt might have to upgrade my brakes when I get my new wheels....

• .....Im not seeing my cell phone screen mirroring the controller but I see a new version 1.2.3

.....had some more seat time today , ran it up to Danbury CT. This time I keep it on sport +2 all the way up and all the way down I-95 & of course got caught in traffic again coming back down (everyone always going to NYC on the weekend smdh) BUT it felt nice at sport +2 , responding better, passing better shyt might have to upgrade my brakes when I get my new wheels....

It mirrors the controller with version 1.2.3!

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• Present from slingmods just arrived

Pedal commander

I'm impressed. Let us know what you think.

And as far as using eco mode on cruise control on the freeway, I don't see how it would improve fuel economy. As it is only a throttle controller that speeds up, or slows down throttle response, it seems to me that the only potential benefit to fuel economy would be to slow down acceleration. Once at a specific speed, so much energy (horsepower) is required to move the machine a specific distance. Throttle control is no longer part of the equation at that point. My guess is that once you get up to speed and hold it constant, the Pedal Commander would have no effect whether it's on or off.

• parked and engine running gas pedal untouched seems to be the key to not triggering any issues.

I think not having the throttle pressed would be a given - if not then the signal being sent would suddenly change and this could cause issues.

foot off the gas and the signal always starts at zero

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies