Is the Slingshot always an "extra" vehicle?

• Test driving today, though not likely to buy new . . . anyone using the SS as a daily driver most of the year? I've got a ten minute commute to work (I suffered with hour long plus for many years so don't be jealous) which will be going to 30 on mostly country roads in the spring. Will have a truck as an alternate for insane rain/cold -- Middle Tennessee -- Zone 7.:BLUESS:

• Bought my SL in early 2017 and the day I brought it home I called up my daughter and gave her my Impala - The Slingshot has been my daily driver ever since - rain or shine 30 degrees to 120 degrees the slingshot is it

Having said this I do believe I live it one of the few places in the country where I would want to do this - Palm Springs averages something like 269 sunny days a year and only 15 days with measurable rain, as such it is pretty easy to get by without a regular car :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Same here, daily driver. Got >6700 miles on this SS - and I just got it June 1st. Texas is a lot like Palm Springs - lots of high temps. And I try not to drive it in the rain, not so much for me, but my aftermarket stereo is not waterproof (although that is about to change).

• it's been my daily driver since June when I bought it.

just over 11k miles on it the past 4 months.

now I'm starting to do 1/2 & 1/2 with my jeep as it's getting colder and wetter (40* and rain ain't enjoyable)

in another month or so when the white stuff starts sticking, it'll get tucked into the garage with a tank of eternal free and a battery tender.

• Test driving today, though not likely to buy new . . . anyone using the SS as a daily driver most of the year? I've got a ten minute commute to work (I suffered with hour long plus for many years so don't be jealous) which will be going to 30 on mostly country roads in the spring. Will have a truck as an alternate for insane rain/cold -- Middle Tennessee -- Zone 7.:BLUESS:

Mine is my daily driver 91,000+ miles. My TA might have been filled up with gas twice so far this year.

• Summer weather & low risk of rain the slingshot always gets priority. 40 degrees & below with snow, salt laden roads or rain and the truck gets the nod.

Here's one for sale.... These black/silver Slingshots are good looking machine low miles and good price... https://www.slingshotforums.com/threads/for-sale.179193/

• Mine is a daily driver (25 miles round trip) - providing the weather cooperates. I don't drive to work in the rain or the snow. Cold weather isn't a problem, down to about 20 degrees anyway.

We tend to have a serious temp fluxuation here, 30 degrees isn't uncommon, so even if it is 30 degrees when I go to work, the drive home can be a comfortable 60.

I figure I've saved 8500 expensive miles on my SUV, and I've had a lot more fun!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.