Photo Competition #9 - The Slingshot And Your Road To Recovery

• "The Slingshot And Your Road To Recovery"

The next topic has been chosen, well was actually chosen a couple days ago just haven't been able to get it posted, my apologies. The topic is your slingshot and the road to recovery. This was specifically thought of for those in our slingshot family that may be fighting or have overcome circumstances that may not allow you to be as active on the forum as you once were. We know not everybody can make it across country to get a pic on top of a mountain or cruising along the coast. This competition is for you. Even if you just get out in the garage to take a pic in or next to the slingshot, we just wanna see your smiling face with your sling, let everybody know your still here and doing good.

This topic is also for those that have had to recover from anything that made you find yourself getting into a slingshot. I know I've talked to a lot that used to ride bikes but for various reasons that now enjoy the slingshot. We're all getting old and falling apart, so let's see some photos of you and your slingshot and what you've overcome to bring us together. Whether it be a knee replacement, diabetes, your battling or beat that nasty cancer, back surgery. Whatever the case may be, let's see the pics from our warriors and survivors that are still pushing through to sling another day!

Please make sure to add "This is my entry" to your picture, especially if you have multiple posted. Deadline will be October 27th, 2019.

Rules and guidelines:

-The photo must be of your own Slingshot (real full-size Slingshots). If the picture submitted is not of your own vehicle, it will not be included in voting. And if need be, the photo will be deleted from the entry thread. It is known that some members may own more than one Slingshot.

- Use your own picture (not pictures from outside sources).

- Photo Shopping pictures or extreme editing is not allowed unless specified by the topic chosen.

- Stay within the competition's parameters (for example, if the rules are "Your Slingshot and Snow," only post a picture that has

both your Slingshot and snow in it). Photos that do not comply with the topic will not be included in voting.

- Pictures should show off not only your sling, but also you photography skills. Be creative with your shots.

- One entry per member. Let us know which your entry is by typing "This is my entry:" above your picture. You can change your entry during the time of the competition but once time runs out you cannot change your entry or submit a photo. Once the

deadline comes, THERE WILL BE NO MORE EDITING!

- The contest aims to last for the month, depending on the number of entries (competition will run longer if less entries are submitted, and

vice versa).

- After time is up, a new thread will be started for voting. The voting thread may be a "blind" poll, which means the results will be

revealed after the end of the voting time line or once a member has voted. Forum members will vote on a winner. The member that wins the first competition

will come up with the theme/topic for the next competition.

- Once a photo wins a contest that photo will be added to the winners circle then "retired" and can not be used again unless for

a specific contest.

- Have fun! Keep your comments constructive.

• Deadline: October 27th, 2019
  • How about what led me to have to hit the road to recovery? Took 2 yrs to heal from this to get my 2nd (and now 3rd!) Slingshot.

This is my entry!

Wow... thanks for the entry. Not sure if you mean 2 years physically or mentally but glad you made it thru regardless. That looks like a nasty hit.

• Yeah, it was bad. T-boned a Mustang at 55Mph. His fault. 2 yrs to heal and I still feel it in the right shoulder. Was really worse than this pic shows. They threw the hood back over the engine, but it was completely detached and the entire front engine and wheel well was gone.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• This is my entry.

This is Ruby parked on our front lawn looking over the valley at our little ranch in the Ozarks. I used to teach in southern California, in a barrio school, 260+ students, 7 hours a day. I've been punched, stabbed, shot at, spat on, and insulted in every way imaginable on the job by both kids and parents.

Then one day I find myself lying naked on a gurney after a massive heart attack, and the surgeon says: You wanna watch while I do this?

I say "Sure" and I watch on TV as a wire snakes into my heart to place 4 stents.... and then I went back to teach another year in the same madhouse before I wised up and said F-this!

I'm still teaching, trainng new teachers now... 75-80 or so a semester for 3 hours a week. People listen when I talk to them, nobody swears at or spits on me, and I get waved at when I ride Ruby around campus.

I cut my pension in half by retiring after 36 years instead of 38, because of that, I'm kinda on the "work till you die" plan, but I'm here to spend it, and I get to smile behind the wheel a lot more.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• And the world is a better place because of you and what you do...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)