30 Seconds to be the king of speed. 159MPH in the mile. Congrats Dave at DDMWorks

• Just catching up today after the long drive back and getting in yesterday, glad that rabtech posted the video :thumbsup:

It was a really fun weekend for sure, super happy we could help push development of the Slingshot further and keep making these things go faster. It was also fantastic to have the chance to start working with the East Coast Timing Association (ECTA) on producing classes for the Slingshots going forward. rabtech and me are helping to setup classes for stock Slingshots, modified, etc, which will allow people to come out with any modifications to the Slingshot and run and have chances to set some new records. We really hope to get some more Slingshots out there, it is a lot of fun! The ECTA was very professional and really happy with how rabtech and me represented the Slingshot community, so they are really interested in seeing more Slingshots out there running, so come on out!

Really have to give a huge thank you to rabtech, Ghost and wokka for all the support and help over the weekend, it was very much appreciated and I could not have done it without all your help, Thank you!

As for our Slingshot, we didn't get the engine in and started until Wednesday before the race, as we had to make sure to get some customers taken care of. We left Thursday morning and installed the Haltech, Wideband and boost controller at the track on Friday, so we were super happy with how everything ran overall with that little of prep. The runway was very bumpy in some spots, our suspension worked really well though, but we had very limited traction, very strong headwinds/crosswinds and getting bounced around over 150+MPH was a little nerve-racking, and that mile is a long way! We learned a lot over the weekend and really looking forward to the next event already. We will be going over the data from this event for awhile and will be looking to keep pushing the Slingshots at the next event even faster!

• Here are all of the videos I took with my phone. I didn't get every single run that Dave and Rab made, but got most of them. Of course, you only see the start.

Tried to get Tim to put the drone into hyper mode and chase it, but he was worried about the 88 mph speed limit... :)

This is a playlist of all 28 videos. Not all are Rab/Dave, grabbed a few other interesting rides as well.

• I don’t know anything about setting speed records but I think that pick up truck would have gone faster if it wasn’t pushing that rail dragster.:00008172:

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• That's my boy... Lewis.

He never meets a stranger. And he honestly has no mean traits at all. Its always awesome to get back to the hotel room and have him jump up on the the bed and watch tv with me. He has figured out the hotel air conditioners though. He wants me to move the chair from the corner out into the front of the air conditioner. I wake up and he looks like he stuck his tail into an electrical socket. His hair is blown all straight up.

• I thought I would screen grab a shot out of your video and sharpen it up to see if I could see the 1/2 mile marker. Even after I cleared it up you still cant see the 1/2 mile point on the runway.... I have said that I have made fast runs at night on the interstate but never holding my foot to the floor. That is the huge difference. Just letting off the floor a little makes it a much less scary event. The only way to duplicate this run is to go to you local interstate and start at one mile marker and run wide open till you pass the next mile marker. I wouldn't if I were you. But to each his own..... Please video it if you do.... But I'm not telling you to do it... Just sayin...

• I thought I would screen grab a shot out of your video and sharpen it up to see if I could see the 1/2 mile marker. Even after I cleared it up you still cant see the 1/2 mile point on the runway.... I have said that I have made fast runs at night on the interstate but never holding my foot to the floor. That is the huge difference. Just letting off the floor a little makes it a much less scary event. The only way to duplicate this run is to go to you local interstate and start at one mile marker and run wide open till you pass the next mile marker. I wouldn't if I were you. But to each his own..... Please video it if you do.... But I'm not telling you to do it... Just sayin...

That mile mark was a looooooong way ;)

We have been unloading everything and starting to look over the Slingshot today and noticed something interesting with the front end. Here is a picture of a stock Slingshot front end, at the end of the lower "mustache" you will see that the white upper plastic piece is just a little behind the lower black plastic, about 1/2" -

We noticed on our Slingshot that the front of our Slingshot was not fitting really well after the event, then noticed how much further back our upper plastic piece is compared to stock, ours is now sitting back about 1" -

Which is now causing the front end to fit really poorly -

It is amazing how much force the air pushes on things at these speeds, now to figure out how to correct this.

• I wonder if things would do better if instead of the stock plastic front you tried one of the Voodoo aluminum front bumpers - - - dont know what impact it would have on aerodynamics, but I doubt you would have any bending issues

polaris-slingshot-aluminum-front-bumper-voodoo-fab-3.jpg

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• He'd have to adapt the lower splitter he has to work with that. Personally, I just don't like the looks of it on a sling. A truck, sure, and I have a big pipe bumper on my truck, just don't want one on my sling.

I know many people dont like the looks, but I was thinking that for these high speed runs function might be more important than looks

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I wonder if things would do better if instead of the stock plastic front you tried one of the Voodoo aluminum front bumpers - - - dont know what impact it would have on aerodynamics, but I doubt you would have any bending issues

polaris-slingshot-aluminum-front-bumper-voodoo-fab-3.jpg

That front end is going to reduce a lot of the downforce we are getting with the stock front end at this point. It is also going to allow a lot of air to get up under the hood, creating even more lift on the front. If you sealed off all of those openings though, well that might be better :)