My SS dies or almost dies when I downshift from 3rd to 2nd

• My 19 SS loses RPMs and dies when I depress the clutch all the way in and downshift from 3rd to 2nd gear. Not all the time, but now about 5 times. I notice that may times as I slow down, depress the clutch and move the shifter into neutral before putting it in 2nd gear, it will drop down to less than 400 RPM and then the RPMs will pick back up to 750-800. Only have 1800 miles on it. Anyone else having this issue? Thinking the computer might have to be reflashed. And yes, I'm pushing the clutch all the way down.

• Howdy Wingman. This has been happening since the first slingshot was delivered back in November 2014. If you are referring to you slowing down for a stop sign etc and are doing the "normal" down shifting the ecu will allow the idle speed to drop that low. The easiest way to not have it happen is a simple modification on the way you drive. Just let the Slingshot slow down on its own (with the help of the brakes) and before it gets to the point of bucking, then depress the clutch and pick the gear you want. Not sure why it works the way it does, but unless you get the ecu programmed (which normally brings the base idle up to 1,000 rpm's) it will continue to do it. Polaris does not recognize this as being an issue that needs to be (or even has to be) corrected.

Unless others have a different view on it, that's what I had to do early on and it no longer does that or "rev hangs" as it did when I drove it "the normal way"

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• My 19 SS loses RPMs and dies when I depress the clutch all the way in and downshift from 3rd to 2nd gear. Not all the time, but now about 5 times. I notice that may times as I slow down, depress the clutch and move the shifter into neutral before putting it in 2nd gear, it will drop down to less than 400 RPM and then the RPMs will pick back up to 750-800. Only have 1800 miles on it. Anyone else having this issue? Thinking the computer might have to be reflashed. And yes, I'm pushing the clutch all the way down.

Maybe the clutch needs a slight adjustment.....

Could be a faulty sensor on the motor...there are lots of them to pick from.

Any codes when this happens?