Turn signal question

• well, as I have told you many times - in California most if not all all of the lights you have added are against the law - no aftermarket lights can be added within 12 inches of the factory legally required lights - - looking like 5-0 as you put it would be guaranteed to get you pulled over

probably would get away with some eyebrow blinkers, but much more would be pushing it

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Bigdog is correct about resistors at each LED by the manufacturer would solve the problem. This would be good for future purchasers of the Light System, but there are so many folks with these without the resistor that are out there causing problems. My solution of adding the resistor to the Turn Sigal Lead will accomplish the same thing as the resistor on the LED. This is a fix for all the folks that have Aux Lighting hooked to their Turn Signal Leads.

As for where the Resistor is placed does not matter, the resistor just lowers the current to allow the limits in the flasher not to be exceeded. It is that simple. Now add the resistor and report your results. If I had a set of switchbacks I would do this and make a video, Snazzy is in Fla and she is being sold soon, so I am kind of out of the loop.

After your statement about where the resister should go....

Maybe the resistor should be the last thing in the line after all the added lights...

• well, as I have told you many times - in California most if not all all of the lights you have added are against the law - no aftermarket lights can be added within 12 inches of the factory legally required lights - - looking like 5-0 as you put it would be guaranteed to get you pulled over

probably would get away with some eyebrow blinkers, but much more would be pushing it

On the front I have the brighter headlights, 4 halos, lower brow that doesn’t blink and upper brow and spoiler strings that do blink. Not much different than the lights new trucks and SUVs and many cars have.

• On the front I have the brighter headlights, 4 halos, lower brow that doesn’t blink and upper brow and spoiler strings that do blink. Not much different than the lights new trucks and SUVs and many cars have.

California cops can be weird - 9 out of 10 would probably never bother me, but number 10 makes it not worth taking any chances.

brighter bulbs - no big deal - perfectly legal - - - everything else you listed could end up costing a day in court

now, if they are just for show and not actually used on the road then no one would probably ever bother you, but that kind of defeats your idea of higher visibility when driving

anyway its not something I worry about, I have never felt like I was in need of being more visible in my slingshot, people seem to see me from blocks away as it is

• Well my package from tricLED showed up in the mail today. Two days early, two modules, AND they also included ALL of the electrical connections. Just wish I had the time to install it, perhaps tomorrow. I will install the module and do another long run on Saturday and let everyone know.

Couldn’t be happier with the service Ive received from them regardless of the outcome.😎

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• If only you contacted TricLed in the beginning, perhaps you could have saved yourself al the work and aggravation

In hindsight yes, BUT time and time again sometimes in what I considered an emergency at the time, many on this forum jumped right in and offered valuable help. So perhaps yes I should have contacted the good people at TricLED first but this forum seems to be my default setting...8)

• 140 miles today. NO signal issues! Sweet!

THANK YOU TricLED for standing behind your product right up to if not just over the warranty, good advice and quick delivery. Over and above service! New module nailed it.

Also to you samowens44 for jumping in with valuable advice and time. Great forum, people and vendors!

• I read on another site about this issue and it goes back to 2015....and the finger points to it starting shortly after the front switchback string lights were installed.

I’m disappointed that this issue has gone on this long without a suitable solution being found or implemented.

Again I’m going back to saying this is clearly a failure to address the problem by the manufacturer of these lights. At some point I would think the “supplier/s” should make a demand of the manufacturer to man up to diagnose and correct the problem.

We are paying good money for these lights. In my case hundreds of dollars.

It’s not a Polaris issue. It’s not faulty flasher units unless these lights are causing damage to the flasher. It’s not a relay problem....unless these lights are causing damage to the relays.

SOMEONE NEEDS TO STEP UP.....

• I now have switchback’s again. New module installed- testing ’em out tomorrow. So far all working well. 🙂

My problem seems to clear up every time I let it sit for several hours.....don’t know if the system resets itself or there is a drain of the power in the system from all the electronics involved to the point of normalcy. it’s an intermittent issue. I tried extensively to duplicate it without luck.

It’s happened twice and both times my heated jacket liner and gloves were activated at the same time. They are powered through the neutrino fuse box. I don’t see or understand a correlation between the two. There is no electrical connect between the turn signals and the heated gear. They have totally different power supplies and sources. They only thing these incidents have in common is the low outside temperature at the time. Could that somehow effect the flasher or relay contact gap. Cold air making the contract.

• I feel your pain! I have 140 miles underneath my belt with no issues so far however the future is unknown. If both lights failed it would’ve been something different I believe. However only having the right side fail and the left side still stock and going strong and well for over a year gives me confidence.

we shall see....

• My problem seems to clear up every time I let it sit for several hours.....don’t know if the system resets itself or there is a drain of the power in the system from all the electronics involved to the point of normalcy. it’s an intermittent issue. I tried extensively to duplicate it without luck.

It’s happened twice and both times my heated jacket liner and gloves were activated at the same time. They are powered through the neutrino fuse box. I don’t see or understand a correlation between the two. There is no electrical connect between the turn signals and the heated gear. They have totally different power supplies and sources. They only thing these incidents have in common is the low outside temperature at the time. Could that somehow effect the flasher or relay contact gap. Cold air making the contract.

Have you tried to unplug your microwave and easy-boy recliner and see if that helps you figure out your lighting problems?

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• SoCal, did they mention anything about adding resisters? Or was it....they just thought it was faulty black boxes?

I’m waiting for an order of resisters to get here.....I’m going to start with adding a 100 ohm resister in the line after all my add on lights and before the flasher. Before I go with a faulty black box.

• SoCal, did they mention anything about adding resisters? Or was it....they just thought it was faulty black boxes?

I’m waiting for an order of resisters to get here.....I’m going to start with adding a 100 ohm resister in the line after all my add on lights and before the flasher. Before I go with a faulty black box.

Nothing about Resisters - in short this is what the conversation was like...

The left side set up was and is working just fine - always has. The right as we know was not. The set up is really just light strip, black box. and connectors. That's it. I changed out the "black box" as mentioned and yesterday another 200+ mile day of putting on the blinkers every lane change and corner and another day of flawless operation. Thats 400 miles since replaced and no issues.

I think it is just that simple for my experience. Sometimes things break or fail. TricLED as I said stepped up in a big way and solved this with the new Black Box.

I can see how if you have multiple lights in a system you can overload things but that is above my pay grade. I appreciate what Sam was saying but in my lack of knowledge I ordered resisters that were to small wattage it would seem. I wish you luck in your ongoing issue and will look forward to seeing what you come up with.

• I am happy SoCal has solved his problem with changing the Black Box. I still want to have folks that are adding LEDs to their Turn Signal system to understand the Flasher Module. There is a chance that a black box change will not fix the problem. I am offering my solution of a fail safe solution, a resistor, 2 watt 100 ohms. Look at my ordering infor in previous post.

I am talking to the members and new owners that have tried everything and nothing works. Good Luck. I think maybe TricLED has added resistance to the Black Box after reports of failures, if you have these lights, I would try getting an upgraded Driver Module, that is what the Black Box is called. If your are adding your own design LEDs then you may want to pay close attention to the Flasher Module description and adding the resistor if you have problems.

Bigdog it will be good to hear your results of adding the resistor. As you do the add, please let me know if you have any questions. We need to know how the resistor works for a failure with switchback and sequential light systems. I am looking for a solution to any adds to the turn signal system. I can testify they worked for my application.

• I am happy SoCal has solved his problem with changing the Black Box. I still want to have folks that are adding LEDs to their Turn Signal system to understand the Flasher Module. There is a chance that a black box change will not fix the problem. I am offering my solution of a fail safe solution, a resistor, 2 watt 100 ohms. Look at my ordering infor in previous post.

I am talking to the members and new owners that have tried everything and nothing works. Good Luck. I think maybe TricLED has added resistance to the Black Box after reports of failures, if you have these lights, I would try getting an upgraded Driver Module, that is what the Black Box is called. If your are adding your own design LEDs then you may want to pay close attention to the Flasher Module description and adding the resistor if you have problems.

Bigdog it will be good to hear your results of adding the resistor. As you do the add, please let me know if you have any questions. We need to know how the resistor works for a failure with switchback and sequential light systems. I am looking for a solution to any adds to the turn signal system. I can testify they worked for my application.

thank you Sam. When I spoke to TricLED I was the Second person of their knowledge since inception to have this issue. Not a bad track record. Not saying there were not others it’s just that I am the second to contact them directly.

• thank you Sam. When I spoke to TricLED I was the Second person of their knowledge since inception to have this issue. Not a bad track record. Not saying there were not others it’s just that I am the second to contact them directly.

They may not have heard about it but it’s been a constant problem since at least 2015...according to another SS site.

• They may not have heard about it but it’s been a constant problem since at least 2015...according to another SS site.

if they havent heard about it whos fault would that be? If people never take the issue directly to the manufacture then how can the manufacture be blamed if they dont know about it.?

in this case it sounds to me like TricLED jumped right on it and took care of it - not much more you can ask than that