Turn signal question

• I should have mine in today. Crazy thing is the old one still works - for a while ( if that is the issue...) then goes bad again on the right side. I will post tomorrow after a short ride and I will know if my parts chasing has worked or not.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Sam I installed 6 sequential lights, 3 on each side.

So does the resistor/s have to be installed before each separate light or just one before the sequential module?

If the Sequential module is connected into the Flasher module, then that will only require one resistor between the Sequence Mod and the turn signal leads for left and right. Since your SEQ Mod has it's own power supply, you may not need it, just depends on how much current the Seq mod will draw. Try it without, if it fails, you know what to do.

Sam I installed 6 sequential lights, 3 on each side.

So does the resistor/s have to be installed before each separate light or just one before the sequential module?

• 7$ cure! I got The two relays in today and immediately pulled out the old installed the new. Now I have a spare from the two pack. Drove 10 miles round-trip for a gas station and fill up. Put the turn signal(s) on every single chance I could get. Worked like a champ every time! No green light staying on everything at this point seems fixed! Before this the turn signal would have failed within the first minute or two. I am confident and hopeful this is behind me:00010166:

• Follow up question.... I notice that all the relays have the same number on them.

Does this mean they are interchangeable? (4011283) Showing my electrical ignorance but are all the relays the same they just control a different aspect of the SS?

If so then having a spare is a universal good thing :thumbup:

• Follow up question.... I notice that all the relays have the same number on them.

Does this mean they are interchangeable? (4011283) Showing my electrical ignorance but are all the relays the same they just control a different aspect of the SS?

If so then having a spare is a universal good thing :thumbup:

Yes, you can swap them out. If they have same number. For Trouble shooting you could swap two relays to see if the problem changes. You can actually feel the relay click if you put your finger on it. So, with the help of someone to operate a switch or whatever circuit is failing, you could place your finger on relay, if it does not click, then it is bad.

• 7$ cure! I got The two relays in today and immediately pulled out the old installed the new. Now I have a spare from the two pack. Drove 10 miles round-trip for a gas station and fill up. Put the turn signal(s) on every single chance I could get. Worked like a champ every time! No green light staying on everything at this point seems fixed! Before this the turn signal would have failed within the first minute or two. I am confident and hopeful this is behind me:00010166:

I had the exact same issue....after it sat for 8 hours I started it up and I tried everything to make the light stay on and everything I tired I could not make it happen again...without changing anything.......I really hate it when problems are intermittent and you can’t make it act up again.

• Ditto Bigdog thought this was behind me.... 20 mi into our ride today on comes the light😡. Pullin to mickyd’s for a coke turn it off then on light is off after that for the rest of the day 🤔. Gunna check my connections to the right turn signal- that’s all I can think of for now... perplexed!

• Ditto Bigdog thought this was behind me.... 20 mi into our ride today on comes the light😡. Pullin to mickyd’s for a coke turn it off then on light is off after that for the rest of the day 🤔. Gunna check my connections to the right turn signal- that’s all I can think of for now... perplexed!

On the morning mine acted up it was pretty chilly....so I thought maybe my flasher got hung up by the low temperature....unfortunately that morning I didn’t have the time to mess around investigating. So I drove it home and used my truck. I might have figured it out and then again I might not have.

Show me an explosion, fire, flames, smoke, meltdown ....anything to pin point the problem.

• SoCal You need to have someone look at both front turn signal light and rear turn signal to see which light is not burning. If one of the lights has a bad connection and is not drawing the proper current, you can have this problem. So far all I have seen is the green indicator light on instrument panel.

The Left and right Turn signals have to have a light drawing current in both front and rear. If not you get the steady green indicator. If it is the front, it is easy to unplug and re plug the turn signal light plug to see if that will correct it. If you have a failed lamed in the back, you have to drop the bottom deck to get to the plugs.

If both lights are lighted, then you have a possible flasher bad.

• I have the LED switch backs from slingmods as you can see. My halos are on a dedicated switch not in the turn signal loop. When this happens the console center green light stays on. Left signal works fine but the green light stays on and will not flash even though the left signal is working. Switch to right signal-will not flash -green light stays green.
    come to a stop light Turn the motor off then on. Everything works fine. Relay is new but has not made a difference.
    Also even though the problem is there the switchbacks stay lit and the turn signal running lights as well. Just the right signal will not flash -light stays green. 🤔

• Just curious what is/has been your problem with TricLed products?

Personally? Nothing. But there's been a few that have and shared on the forum. Halos, switchbacks, the tail fin brake light flasher, etc...

The only tricled product I have is the fog light add on wiring kit. No issues (yet)... Fingers crossed 🤞

• Ok, I see what you are saying. I see now that the Switch Back Lights work as running lights and are white, when you turn your turn signal on they blink amber. This all goes back to my experience of the same problem but a little different. The only way I was to get the extra LEDs to work and not shut every thing down was to lower the current and put in a resistor.

I believe the Flasher unit is monitored by the ECU and it shuts down the relay I think.

I would say disconnect the switch back lights and see if your OME works fine. One may be drawing too much current.

• If you have tricled lights on it... I'd wonder...

I’ve been running them since day one almost....no issues with them...have them on the tail fin, the front spoiler, under brow and upper brow. Plus 4 halos....my issue only happened once ...so far....two weeks after I installed my sequential turn signals in my fenders. Everything worked perfect until then. And still no issues since....