Wrench Day

• My better half gave the green light to host at our place the 26th. She promised to help entertain since I plan to be covered in grease and handing out tools. is the date a go still? What do we need to get this ball rolling further?

A list of people planning to attend and what mods they are considering would help me game plan.

MiM - Dual rear exhaust install + Dave has to re-wire something

chavey2 - A HUGE list of mods required... will need to focus there Dave!

arabel- Arnold/Alisha what do you have planned?

I can fit/work on two slings in the garage at once with the garage shut and AC running (helps cut the temp by 10* in the garage and makes it comfortable). have plenty of room to safely park 20+ slings. A few of you have been over and know first hand.

I plan to invite a few non-forum members over for the day to see, meet and learn... possibly get some stuff done as well.

For the record I don't have any mods lined up. :P

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• I have no mods on the list either that I can think of, but if I do come up with something, it will be minor. I'm mainly there to help and get Marco his exhaust installed. We also need to find his leak that we probably induced on the last wrench day.

Marco also has coilovers to swap for color, we did one and didn't mess with the others. 2W2X1 do you have a spring compressor, if not, Marco will need to rent one again.

• 2W2X1 do you have a spring compressor, if not, Marco will need to rent one again.

I do not, no.

"Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• MiM what leak?

• I thought he posted about it further up in this thread, we put a silicon hose kit on his ride during the last wrench day, something he had bought a couple of YEARS ago and was sitting on the shelf.

IIRC, the instructions were horrible and some of the clamps didn't fit well, so we may need to evaluate and go pick up a few better hose clamps.

• I thought he posted about it further up in this thread, we put a silicon hose kit on his ride during the last wrench day, something he had bought a couple of YEARS ago and was sitting on the shelf.

IIRC, the instructions were horrible and some of the clamps didn't fit well, so we may need to evaluate and go pick up a few better hose clamps.

I have a huge assortment of hose clamps at my house. I am sure we can come up with something to get him all patched up. I saw where he said he had a leak I just didn’t realize what it was from. It’s sad that I could not attend the last wrench day and see what was done.

• Are y'all still thinking here in SA? If so, I should be able to sneak away and hang.

If I could the Welter dual install would be awesome. I also need to rework some wiring chavey2 ...

New issue I got to figure out though. Think I'm leaking coolant? Noticed a small puddle under SS but haven't taken the time to figure it out yet... 😩

could be tears cause you won’t take him out.

JUST SAYIN

Keep Three Wheels Down

• I just saw on BookFace that Teresa and jamesgn have to work on the 26th. That is if I have the names on FB vs here correct. :D

• Good news! It's not coolant... At least I don't think it is...

Bad news... The leak seems to be coming from around the transmission!?! The liquid feels a bit "oily" and mostly clear? Anybody have ideas? FunCycle , Slingrazor ? Could it be the clutch?

It seems to be a slow drip and only activates when I turn her on and drive around (or Rev the engine to about 4k rpms) as far as I know.

• If it looks like it's coming from the front of the transmission ans it appears as you say, it very well could be a leaking line for your hydraulic clutch. Check the fluid level in the clutch master cylinder to see if it's low. I hope that's not it since you do have to pull the engine out to replace the line or slave cylinder

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• The clutch master cylinder is under the hood on the top rail on the driver's side. Both the brake master cylinder and the clutch master cylinder are there. the brake master cylinder has TWO caps on the top and the clutch master cylinder only has one top. They both use the same DOT 4 brake fluid.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Oh okay, I checked all three yesterday and assumed it was all liquid for the brakes... I'm not mechanically inclined, but give everything a go and learn from there.

All three seemed to have full liquid. No concerns that I noticed. Maybe the guys will gleam more on wrench day next week.

Wondering how I'll be able to take the Duals and the Sling... 🤔

• jamesgn I didn't mean to suggest I needed a lift for this wrench day. I am happy to host here in SA and not put any stress on you all.

• Ok,

Just wanted to get a chat going to see if we need to place a call out for any special tools. The belt tension thread had me questioning how tight mine is or isn't. I'd like to be able to test deflection and adjust if needed. I have a large torque wrench 1/2" with 3" extension and 1/2" to 3/8" reducer if needed. What i think I need is a longer extension, belt tension tool and 30mm socket (Need to double check if I have 30mm).

If you have any projects that will require special tools or the like, let's air those now and ensure I have it or can be brought by someone attending.

Another set of Jack stands may come in handy if anyone can bring a set.