So have others seen this ( waiting for these comments )

• Personally I don't understand what the point would be of using this device and cruise control together- the entire point of this device to to make the throttle pedal more or less responsive and the entire point of cruise control is to make it so you dont need to use the pedal

In all the time I have had my Slingshot I think I might have had cruise control engaged maybe twice and that was more to play with it than really using it so perhaps I just dont get it.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• My guess is that since it lowers throttle response, hills that cause your throttle to advance wouldn't use as much throttle as fast. Over a long road trip, this could help.

Since all of the good riding is a long ways from me, I'd like to try eco while on the interstates, if it can be used with cruise.

I'll do some testing with it if I can.

• Personally I don't understand what the point would be of using this device and cruise control together- the entire point of this device to to make the throttle pedal more or less responsive and the entire point of cruise control is to make it so you dont need to use the pedal

In all the time I have had my Slingshot I think I might have had cruise control engaged maybe twice and that was more to play with it than really using it so perhaps I just dont get it.

Remember that it changes the signal from the pedal. While using cruise control the signal does not come from the pedal. No signal to change.

• Remember that it changes the signal from the pedal. While using cruise control the signal does not come from the pedal. No signal to change.

this is true but if you need to accelerate when using cruise control then the pedal does work and the signal would come from it - considering that you would probably be in 4th or 5th cruising ad fairly low RPM I am not sure the pedal commander would really do much if it was still active - I find that at lower RPM in the higher gears like this the impact of the pedal commander is not as significant as it is at higher RPM in 1st through 3rd

• this is true but if you need to accelerate when using cruise control then the pedal does work and the signal would come from it - considering that you would probably be in 4th or 5th cruising ad fairly low RPM I am not sure the pedal commander would really do much if it was still active - I find that at lower RPM in the higher gears like this the impact of the pedal commander is not as significant as it is at higher RPM in 1st through 3rd

Can't speak to the commander but with the max I still feel a difference in higher gears.

• I think eco mode is a marketing angle to make it seem like it has more functions than it really does. Want to sell more? Put 'eco' or 'green; in your description. I have no interest whatsoever in this function and mine will never see it. I mean who buys something to go faster then expect it to save fuel? I recently posted this on the other thread:

And as far as using eco mode on cruise control on the freeway, I don't see how it would improve fuel economy. As it is only a throttle controller that speeds up, or slows down throttle response, and not a mapping device, it seems to me that the only potential benefit to fuel economy would be to slow down acceleration. Once at a specific speed, so much energy (horsepower) is required to move the machine a specific distance. Throttle control is no longer part of the equation at that point. My guess is that once you get up to speed and hold it constant, the Pedal Commander would have no effect whether it's on or off.

The same people who's first question when they see a sports car is "What the MPG on it"

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Can't speak to the commander but with the max I still feel a difference in higher gears.

I did not mean to imply there is not a difference, there is, its just that it is more noticeable when in the lower gears and higher RPMs where you are running in the sweet spot of the power band of the motor

• ....I didn't care about the cruise control til I had that light failure and had to get that recall taking care of, since the recall was done I haven't used it......cruise control .... really

exactly the same here - never noticed it until the whole brake light thing and after that was fixed never really used it

• If you used the ECONO mode in cruise control the only effect I think would be is the throttle plate would move slower causing more loss of speed so cruise control would need to apply more throttle to catch up with speed loss. Then when cruise speed was attained the slow throttle response would cause overspeed. I could see a yoyo effect on the throttle plate thus your speed.

LC

• If you used the ECONO mode in cruise control the only effect I think would be is the throttle plate would move slower causing more loss of speed so cruise control would need to apply more throttle to catch up with speed loss. Then when cruise speed was attained the slow throttle response would cause overspeed. I could see a yoyo effect on the throttle plate thus your speed.

LC

I dont think this would be the case - the pedal commander plugs into the pedal and controls the signals it sends to the throttle - I am pretty sure that when you are on cruise control the signals going to the throttle body are not going to go through the pedal or the pedal commander

of course I could be wrong, but for anyone who has the pedal commander and uses cruise control this all would be easy to check

• The pedal commander and pedal max do the same exact guys. The only difference is the features and modes of operation etc but it’s the exact same thing. The pedal just seems to have a bit more support and reputation in the enthusiast world.

• I use cruise control on my ride to and from work.

It is a full hour on the highway and cruise, set at 78, keeps me just below that definite ticket speed of 80.

Since weather is not cooperating, I only took the slingshot to work on Monday. Used cruise control as usual.

Setting stayed at Sport +3

Everything appeared as normal as without the Pedal Commander.

I did not use cruise to accelerate - just hit the button to hold constant speed. Tapped brake to disable.

• just for kicks I tried cruise control on my ride into work this morning and I can report the same - it worked as it normally would if the commander were not even installed - pressed on the gas and accelerated and the pedal was perfectly normal. turned off the cruise control and then the pedal commander turned back on and the responsiveness went back up

• As a side note I would like to add that after you get accustomed to driving with the Pedal Commander and then you turn it off it feels like you turned off 1/2 of your motor - - it is really amazing how substantial the difference is :00008698:

• going to try adjusting me instead of the commander. I noticed that when I first get in in the morning I like to dial it back, minus 1 or 2, then after a short bit of riding I end up putting it back on sport

so instead of doing this I am just going to leave it on sport for a few days - I suspect that if i do this I will get so adjusted to it that I no longer feel the need to dial it back - - - I suspect that by constantly dialing it back I am really just slowing down my mind and foot getting adjusted

• As I suspected I seem to be adjusting to the sensitivity of the throttle without having to think about it - - - who knows if I get really comfortable I might try bumping it up. at this point i time I havent gone above straight sport - oh well that will be a bit further down the road when I am so accustom to the current setting that it just seems normal

I must say I am having fun with this - right up there at the very top of my mod list from he fun point of view

• just for kicks I tried cruise control on my ride into work this morning and I can report the same - it worked as it normally would if the commander were not even installed - pressed on the gas and accelerated and the pedal was perfectly normal. turned off the cruise control and then the pedal commander turned back on and the responsiveness went back up

So you’re saying the cruise control disables the pedal commander?