So have others seen this ( waiting for these comments )

• to me one of the advantages of he commander is the phone app - it gave me the ability to mount the unit up under the dash out of the elements without sacrificing the ability to easily see and change the settings

assuming they are otherwise doing the same thing performance wise - - the app and also not needing a separate power feed like the pedal max make the pedal commander more attractive to me - of course the huge discount with the group buy made it a no brainer

"also not needing a separate power feed like the pedal max"

A separate power wire is not needed for the Pedalmax to function.

• "also not needing a separate power feed like the pedal max"

A separate power wire is not needed for the Pedalmax to function.

All I know is when I watch the installation video it talks about running a separate wire for power into the the engine compartment to plug it in

if it is not needed what does it do?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Let's not forget that we can get better prices at SSO if we pay $99 PER YEAR!

so, how much money do you have to spend per year to get that $99 back

• so, how much money do you have to spend per year to get that $99 back

That you will never know!

• 5-40% Discounts Site-Wide!
    • Annual 2% Reward on eligible purchases*!
    • FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS!**
    • 25% off Labor Rates on all Installations done by Slingshot Only!
    • Recieve a free SL Swag Pack (VALUE: $63.93) when you sign u

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• That you will never know!

sounds great for those planning on doing a bunch of mods, but I suspect its too late for me - - - - at this point in time any modding I do will just be small things that would never get me to the point of justifying membership - - - - also when I do order mods I tend to be very impatient so Slingmods has a huge advantage simply by being local so even snail mail gets here in 2 days

• That you will never know!

Free for veterans and first responders, cost me $0.

• I will address both of your reply's here - yes, that is the correct app. I actually communicated directly with Dominik after I got the app and he added a few of the specific speed ranges at my request. as to the GPS the app is set to also work with an external GPS there is actually a link in the app to the SkyPro XGPS 160 GPS Receiver - the link takes you to the German amazon site, but with a quick search you can find it on the U.S. Amazon. With the external GPS I am told it is very accurate

here is a link to the GPS that the app links to - that will improve the accuracy - SkyPro XGPS 160 GPS Receiver

I need to email him, the 1/4 setup keeps getting confused. I did about 10 pulls and it only gave me data on 4 of them. Sometimes it would say I only did 8 or 9 mph. That's connected to the XGPS 160 as well.

I did a couple of 0-60 which seemed to do ok, but the sling isn't good for that, at least not with street tires, I just can't quickly connect in 1st or 2nd gear. Throw the pedal commander in there and making the pedal more sensitive and yeah, no traction.

I do plan to pull the data off of the gps and see how good I can analyze it for accurate info.

• I need to email him, the 1/4 setup keeps getting confused. I did about 10 pulls and it only gave me data on 4 of them. Sometimes it would say I only did 8 or 9 mph. That's connected to the XGPS 160 as well.

I did a couple of 0-60 which seemed to do ok, but the sling isn't good for that, at least not with street tires, I just can't quickly connect in 1st or 2nd gear. Throw the pedal commander in there and making the pedal more sensitive and yeah, no traction.

I do plan to pull the data off of the gps and see how good I can analyze it for accurate info.

use the contact link in te app - he is very good about replying. For the reasons you mention I havent tried ant of the 0 - anything options ot the timed distance settings - with only on wheel my sling will never be great at those - I have been using the 30 to 70 from a start speed of around 28 I probably should punch it from lower to get better times

• To me the eco mode would be dangerous. Many times I've had a vehicle come into my lane and I needed the acceleration to get out of the way. Adding more delay to the throttle response could have got me hurt.

• slingmods a question about this, in the manual, it states that engaging the cruise turns off the Pedal Commander, and I didn't test this, but does that also apply to eco mode?

It would make sense that eco mode would be useful with the cruise for highways.

Thanks!

Hey Wokka, great question. My guys have the Slings in pieces as usual for videos, so i'm unable to test this for you. You guys will probably figure this out before me. Please let me know if you do! Thx.

Our Collection:
    Rykers: 2019 Ryker 600 | 2019 Ryker 900 Rally
    Spyders: 2017 F3-S | 2018 RT Limited | 2019 F3 Limited
    Slingshots: 2015 Base | 2015 SL | 2016.5 SLE | 2018 SLR

forum-footer-image-2.gif

• I used cruise control on the highway yesterday.

It doesn't "shut down" the unit. The Pedal Commander gets it's power from the inline connection at the pedal.

When activating cruise control, the vehicle computer does it's own thing to maintain speed until it is disabled, brake depressed, or (IIRC) large movements of gas pedal.

I wasn't specifically paying attention to anything in particular. Cruise worked fine.

• I think eco mode is a marketing angle to make it seem like it has more functions than it really does. Want to sell more? Put 'eco' or 'green; in your description. I have no interest whatsoever in this function and mine will never see it. I mean who buys something to go faster then expect it to save fuel? I recently posted this on the other thread:

And as far as using eco mode on cruise control on the freeway, I don't see how it would improve fuel economy. As it is only a throttle controller that speeds up, or slows down throttle response, and not a mapping device, it seems to me that the only potential benefit to fuel economy would be to slow down acceleration. Once at a specific speed, so much energy (horsepower) is required to move the machine a specific distance. Throttle control is no longer part of the equation at that point. My guess is that once you get up to speed and hold it constant, the Pedal Commander would have no effect whether it's on or off.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)