So have others seen this ( waiting for these comments )

• So on an unrelated question for those that are trying this out (hope to have mine in tonight) on the topic of settings. I was curious to see if it would easily turn off to be able to compare or run without it, obviously that question was answered. Does the eco mode give it more lag per say than what the slingshot has without the controller on? Hopefully that question makes sense. I guess I'm trying to understand if even eco mode has more response than the controller off or if the controller off lies somewhere between eco and city?

Hello, the first time you power the device it will load into "city" mode. You can then press the yellow star icon to cycle to sport, then sport+, then off. The only way to access "eco" mode is hold down the yellow star. ECO mode is not recommended for city driving as it actually "delays" pedal response. Eco was only intended to maximize MPG on long highway drives.

Our Collection:
    Rykers: 2019 Ryker 600 | 2019 Ryker 900 Rally
    Spyders: 2017 F3-S | 2018 RT Limited | 2019 F3 Limited
    Slingshots: 2015 Base | 2015 SL | 2016.5 SLE | 2018 SLR

forum-footer-image-2.gif

• Alright, it's installed and out for a quick test. The biggest issue I currently have is the back tire. The temp is not high enough to really get the tire to work so I was doing a lot of sliding. I set it at Sport+2 and am happy with that for now until the weather is warm again and I can get some grip. High performance summer tires don't really like 52 degrees. That being said, it really makes a difference in the tune too. Much quicker response in the accelerator and you do have to be faster on the clutch too to stay in sync. Having the bluetooth connection is a big plus because I personally think this setting would be a little hard to drive in bumper to bumper traffic. At this setting, with an open road, you are at 80 before you look down at the speedometer. Those of us in the cooler climates will not really get to appreciate this until next year, but I'm willing to wait. If you are on the fence, get this NOW! Slingmods base price has already gone up to $299. I really doubt that we will ever see this group buy price again. Keep in mind, 6 months zero percent money if you use PayPal. The gas money I'm not spending this winter just bought the Pedal Commander.

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• Hey guys. Just came.in from a nice cool 72 degree ride. Put it on city mode around +3. I was surprised by that modes responsiveness compared to sport mode. Yes sport mode is still my favorite. Took some hella curves and the sling was loving it. But for the more moderate driver that wants the response I suggest City mode will still bring them some delight.

:BLUESS:

2016.5 Blue Fire

Meansling Quick Shade

CAI, Twist Header, Welter Performance Bagger, Pedal Commander

Twist hose kit, DDM coolant tank. TricLED upper brow lights, LED Headlights, 6 ring chasing halos, chasing body lights, chasing under-glows, 360 flex-style wheel lights, lower brow lights, TufSKINZ kits. D ring steering wheel. Baker Air Wings, aftermarket velocity style seats, Twist foam mats, battery jump ports.

• Let's see if I can help folks understand "Eco" mode.

So, there was this "oil crisis" in the 70's.

Gas guzzling mega cars, gas shortages, long lines at stations that had fuel, and prices to reflect those shortages.

It took a few years for auto manufacturers to downsize vehicles and engines to improve fuel mileage.

But until then, there were no shortages of gadgets available to help you maximize miles per gallon. You could spend as much or little as you wanted.

One of the devices you could buy was an intake vacuum monitor gage. Similiar to the pic below...

The idea was to mount the gauge top of dash or on the "A" pillar in order to monitor it without taking your eyes off the road. The object of this guage was to keep the vacuum in the green economy band as much as possible to maximize fuel savings.

Now, you are running 35mph and enter the interstate on ramp and need to accelerate to the now federally mandated 55mph maximum.

But, you have to keep the needle in the green band and slowly you increase throttle. You successfully keep the needle in the green band, two and one half minutes later you are reaching that mandated 55mph.

Using a vacuum monitor in city driving where it would have been most useful was a lost cause. But, screw the monitor, you could drive as needed for the situation.

This should be a fair picture of "ECO" mode.

It might be a fair usage model for distance travel, but someone currently testing the Pedal Commander will have to answer the question...

If I needed now acceleration, would Eco mode let me have it?

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• frankly even on the highway I think eco mode could be dangerous - you may be trying to maximize MPG, but that does not guarantee something wont happen that requires you to punch it to avoid a problem

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• got it!!

i-2MXq64z-X2.jpg

• That was the beginning of gadgets to distract drivers.....prelude to texting...

• Actually what got me to thinking about this was the other night when I was switching through the TV and I came across a televised drag racing event. They were in the second round of top fuel qualifiers and they were talking about the race that was about to take place. The one announcer pointed out that the one drivers car had more power and should be faster, but then the second announcer mentioned that the other driver had one of the fastest reaction times of all of the drivers. In the end the guy with the faster reaction time got out in point 5 something of a second and the guy in the more powerful car got out at point 7 something and even thought the one guys car was more powerful the guy who had the faster reaction time held on to win and move on to the next round

got me to thinking about "time to power" and how in a short distance it can actually give you an advantage over "having more power"

actually thought the timing of seeing this show was very weird - was right before I placed my order =O

• In the Quarter Mile (drag racing), reaction time and 60 ft times are normally the difference between winning or losing of vehicles of equal hp/torque. That being said if you shave 1/10 second off your 60 ft times you lower your ET by 2/10's.

Traction and Response time is the upmost importance @ the dragstrip.

• In A ECM tune their are 2 thoughts vs pedal commander:

The ECU tune = $400, changes fuel tables, timing, rev/mph limiters, and throttle response.

Pedal Commander= half the price of a ECU tune and DIY variable settings.

I know some people are thinking why not spend a few hundred dollars more for a tune- a few thoughts you might avoid warranty if your dealer has to plug in the digital wrench and or lose the tune.

I'm still on the fence getting turbo or supercharged- but when I do the pedal commander WON'T be obsolute-matter of fact it would be synergistic with the tune-especially having those variable inputs.

The only negative I can see with the pedal commander is the Andriod Bluetooth Application Screen doesn't match the front language of the unit itself (in other words not a mirror image)

And you really need a good rear traction tire- my Not to 555 G2 275/35/20 showed up today from Discount Tire for $200 shipped.

• Great points. I received an email from Pedal Commander that the serial#'s were sent to the factory in Turkey. I would imagine if not done already that the app screen should match in the next few days if doesn't already. You would need to completely close the app and re-open to test. They also informed me that on the next app update they're going to have a toggle to change your app screen on your own. So that issue will be resolved. :)

Our Collection:
    Rykers: 2019 Ryker 600 | 2019 Ryker 900 Rally
    Spyders: 2017 F3-S | 2018 RT Limited | 2019 F3 Limited
    Slingshots: 2015 Base | 2015 SL | 2016.5 SLE | 2018 SLR

forum-footer-image-2.gif

• Great points. I received an email from Pedal Commander that the serial#'s were sent to the factory in Turkey. I would imagine if not done already that the app screen should match in the next few days if doesn't already. You would need to completely close the app and re-open to test. They also informed me that on the next app update they're going to have a toggle to change your app screen on your own. So that issue will be resolved. :)

The Apple app store is showing version 1.2.2 and it's 7 months old. The pic that they show is accurate to what we have, but the download is not updated. I still works fine and keeps the unit hidden out of sight.

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• well, I got it installed this morning. Put it up under the dash on the right side and then used a couple of adhesive cable clips along with the included zip tie to keep things tidy

i-p86mMsr-X2.jpg

i-BbK456w-X2.jpg

also got the app installed and connected and I will take the Sling out for a test in a bit after I have had my morning coffee

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• Curious if anyone has installed the Pedal Max and Pedal Commander and done side by side comparison.

Also would be nice to see how others mounted the unit and where/how they ran the wires.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Curious if anyone has installed the Pedal Max and Pedal Commander and done side by side comparison.

Also would be nice to see how others mounted the unit and where/how they ran the wires.

According to someone (who might be biased since he sells the Pedal Max), the Pedal Commander is a cheap knock-off. I'm really happy with my cheap knock-off!!!

• According to someone (who might be biased since he sells the Pedal Max), the Pedal Commander is a cheap knock-off. I'm really happy with my cheap knock-off!!!

oh you caught that too huh!? Lol. All over BookFace with that tag line. Hahahahaha

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1