So have others seen this ( waiting for these comments )

• Got slammed with rain as soon as I got free. Install and test tomorrow maybe. lol

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• ....I would also say if you have to turn your slingshot in for any type of maintenance to the dealership, I would suggest you remove it ( the Beauty of it ) because I can see a dealer saying how they will not cover your warranty because of it , they look for any excuse and blame anything for failure to honor your warranty

• Installed the Pedal Commander and all seemed good for a few seconds and when I started to take off, my engine light came on and the pedal cdr quick working. I turned off my SS and reinstalled the Pedal Cdr. It seems to work but cannot get the engine light to go off. Any recommendations without taking it to the dealership? (Maybe disconnecting and reconnecting the battery)

Were you able to get the light to go off? When you say it quit working were you still able to accelerate or was the slingshot dead until you were able to reinstall it? So far it seems your the only one with a potential issue so you got my attention.

I got mine yesterday as well. Planning on hooking it up today if the rain moves out.

• Were you able to get the light to go off? When you say it quit working were you still able to accelerate or was the slingshot dead until you were able to reinstall it? So far it seems your the only one with a potential issue so you got my attention.

I got mine yesterday as well. Planning on hooking it up today if the rain moves out.

My issue was a self inflicted wound. The problem was that I had taken off my gas pedal plug and left it off for over an hour before I installed the Pedal Cdr. The instructions state and I did not read it: "If you unplug the gas pedal too soon, you will receive a check engine light because the vehicle's computer still has power and has detected a sensor was unplugged". Anyway, I was going to disconnect the battery to see if it would clear the check engine light. Before I did that, I restarted my SS 3 times and on the 3rd try the check engine light went away. In essence, good to go now!!!

A special thanks to WOKKA for his recommendation. The 3 restarts solved the issue without disconnecting the battery.

I have a question for those of you who have installed their Pedal Cdr: What setting works best for you since I have not tried it yet? I have seen 2 where one liked the Sport Mode with +1 sensitivity and another with Sport Mode with +3 sensitivity.

• Got the song from The Fix stuck in my head...

Do what they say, say what you mean, and baby
    One mod leads to another
    You told me something wrong, I know I listen too long but then
    One mod leads to another

Looks like we gonna need a rain and sun shade.

Or at bare minimums...

A Batman Utility Belt.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Don’t quit your day job...:thumbsup:

• Received mine in the mail yesterday. Installed a little over an hour ago. For now, I located in the same location as @Jdymag132 and @OrangeSlingFL . Since this will likely be a "set it and forget it" unit, this may very well be the permanent home.

Initial thoughts: I like it.

Current setting: Sport +3

I was only able to get out for a very short ride. Pedal response is much more to my liking.

No testing other than comparing: Holding 50mph in 3rd gear and mashing the throttle as fast as my foot could.

There was a very noticeable difference with the Pedal Commander activated.

• I posted this question in a previous post in this thread but it was mixed in with other information and many of you may have missed it. What setting works best for you doing NORMAL driving , understanding it will change depending on circumstances? I have seen 3 now where one liked the Sport Mode with +1 sensitivity and 2 folks have it set for Sport Mode with +3 sensitivity. I understand many of you just received your Pedal Cdr and are trying to figure out your normal driving setting and you may not have figured it out yet.

• I posted this question in a previous post in this thread but it was mixed in with other information and many of you may have missed it. What setting works best for you doing NORMAL driving , understanding it will change depending on circumstances? I have seen 3 now where one liked the Sport Mode with +1 sensitivity and 2 folks have it set for Sport Mode with +3 sensitivity. I understand many of you just received your Pedal Cdr and are trying to figure out your normal driving setting and you may not have figured it out yet.

I think it would depend on where most of your driving is....if it’s bumper to bumper in town....keep it low.... if it’s open highway, let ‘er fly.

I have a bunch of different local routes I drive....most of the speeds are from 25 in the speed trap towns and up to 55. High city setting or low sport would probably be good for this...

If I’m on the turnpike I’m always over the 70 mph speed limit....without the pedal max....I have to keep taking my foot off the gas.....

With the CAI...cat delete and the welter duel exhaust it ran like a different vehicle after those changes....very noticeable....

• Mine should be here tomorrow and I am looking forward to installing it.

Its a bit of a different kind of mod. It doesnt increase power per se, but instead it decreases the time it takes to get to maximum power.

Makes me wonder if getting to full power faster on my stock sling might actually be more useful to me than it would be to actually have more power. In my around town daily driving I have never really felt the need for more HP I spin the back tire more often than I should as it is, But on the road being able to pass others a bit faster or to make that yellow light a bit easier because of improved reaction times might be very useful

anyway I'm just thinking out loud as I impatiently wait for my next mod to get here 8o

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Yellow lights don’t mean speed up the red lights coming.... 🤷‍♂️🤪

• Actually what got me to thinking about this was the other night when I was switching through the TV and I came across a televised drag racing event. They were in the second round of top fuel qualifiers and they were talking about the race that was about to take place. The one announcer pointed out that the one drivers car had more power and should be faster, but then the second announcer mentioned that the other driver had one of the fastest reaction times of all of the drivers. In the end the guy with the faster reaction time got out in point 5 something of a second and the guy in the more powerful car got out at point 7 something and even thought the one guys car was more powerful the guy who had the faster reaction time held on to win and move on to the next round

got me to thinking about "time to power" and how in a short distance it can actually give you an advantage over "having more power"

actually thought the timing of seeing this show was very weird - was right before I placed my order =O

• Yellow lights don’t mean speed up the red lights coming.... 🤷‍♂️🤪

true, but there are some times when its too late to stop safely and the only real option is to punch it.

and when those times do arise getting through the intersection as quickly as possible is the safest thing a person can d0

JMO

• As someone with a Pedalmax I've been watching this tread. I'm seeing similar reactions to the Pedalmax reviews. One of the things said earlier in the threat referenced not changing settings after finding the one you like. I change settings often to match my mood and conditions. As you begin reviewing performance could you address how often you are changing settings and why?

• Ok guys I installed it and tested it for about 35 mins just driving around. First of all let me start by saying that by default it starts in “city” mode. The moment I was simply backing out of my garage I already FELT the difference in response in CITY mode. I started driving and came to a stop. I turned it off and drove for about 10 blocks to remember what stock was like once again. I switched it to SPORT mode and what a big difference in responsiveness overall? First was responsive but not overwhelmingly so. Punching it at 40 mph is basically instant. I then proceeded to try SPORT + 3 on the dial. A completely different machine. I can say this thing shaves at least 1.5 seconds to 2 seconds in reaction time/acceleration specially in the lower gears. On SPORT+ it feels basically like regular SPORT +3. I did not try SPORT+ with the highest sensitivity setting because already on sport+ by itself its very very responsive. I was turning left on an intersection and i barely touched the pedal and the thing went sideways!😁 Now it truly reminds me kind of the inmediate acceleration in electric cars and go karts. To me this is the way the slingshot should of come from the factory. Letting you have different modes for different types of fun and situations. Overall I give it a 10/10 for fun factor, 9.5/10 for actual functionality and better numbers overall in any scenario specially low gear pulls. I do think this should of been waterproof from the manufacturer. Installation takes 5 minutes max 10 minutes really. I will welcome any questions. Is it worth it ? Hell yes. People pay a lot of money for things like short shifters that can be argued do nothing for performance (and its true) or even headers that are proven to add a mere 4-5 HP AT best. To me this is totally worth it and you WILL feel it from the moment you mov ethe sling from the garage.