So have others seen this ( waiting for these comments )

• Does this actually happen to the tachometer?

4. A good example of how the gas pedal will respond is if you're parked on the side of the road in neutral and press the gas pedal to 3k rpm and click the dial up (+1) you'll instantly see the slingshot jump to 3,200 rpm, (+2) 3,400 rpm, etc.. These are examples of the logic.. not the actual results.

I'm sure it works like the pedalmax and amplifies the signal. At idle the signal is zero, zero times anything is zero, so no change regardless of setting.

If you hold the throttle in position and increase the setting it on the pedalmax it will increase the rpms. I can't speak directly to the pedal commander but I assume it works the same way.

• I'm sure it works like the pedalmax and amplifies the signal. At idle the signal is zero, zero times anything is zero, so no change regardless of setting.

If you hold the throttle in position and increase the setting it on the pedalmax it will increase the rpms. I can't speak directly to the pedal commander but I assume it works the same way.

exactly how I understand it - its simply an adjustable signal amplifier that amplifies the signal going to the throttle causing it to open faster and no matter what the setting is when the throttle is not pressed there is no input to the amplifier so the throttle stays closed and idle remains normal

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I'm sure it works like the pedalmax and amplifies the signal. At idle the signal is zero, zero times anything is zero, so no change regardless of setting.

i think it is probably the same method but with the ability to change maps with buttons instead of an adjustable knob.

• i think it is probably the same method but with the ability to change maps with buttons instead of an adjustable knob.

The only difference may be in how it would react to adjustment on the fly. With the pedalmax it's a rheostat that increases as you turn it. With the commander it's preset buttons. If you went from preset (20%) to preset (100%) how will it react?

• The only difference may be in how it would react to adjustment on the fly. With the pedalmax it's a rheostat that increases as you turn it. With the commander it's preset buttons. If you went from preset (20%) to preset (100%) how will it react?

I tried that this morning. Will post about it tonight. But adjusting it while on the gas you can feel it giving more or less depending on which way you adjust. I will say that sport + mode is crazy touchy adjust up. Need good open road for that mode. Sport mode has been great so far this morning.

:BLUESS:

2016.5 Blue Fire

Meansling Quick Shade

CAI, Twist Header, Welter Performance Bagger, Pedal Commander

Twist hose kit, DDM coolant tank. TricLED upper brow lights, LED Headlights, 6 ring chasing halos, chasing body lights, chasing under-glows, 360 flex-style wheel lights, lower brow lights, TufSKINZ kits. D ring steering wheel. Baker Air Wings, aftermarket velocity style seats, Twist foam mats, battery jump ports.

• I tried that this morning. Will post about it tonight. But adjusting it while on the gas you can feel it giving more or less depending on which way you adjust. I will say that sport + mode is crazy touchy adjust up. Need good open road for that mode. Sport mode has been great so far this morning.

Just let us know which mode you liked the best and the setting. Thx for your volunteering in providing a review for the rest of us. I feel confident that Slingmods will provide you a better than group discount for your support.

• Ooooookkkk FOLKS. Let's see if i can explain this good for ya'll.

First the app does not match the head unit. But as the lights go its easy to see where you are. I stayed in sport mode most of the time, with switching to other modes randomly to see the difference. I will say that i like that I could stay on the gas and switch modes via app while driving. Sport mode is great. I think that +3 is my favorite. I can really tell the difference. Gives the pedal the right amount of response to me. I did several runs from 40-80.60-90. Although I don't have time runs for them with/without pedal commander, I really feel like there is a couple of second improvement. I really enjoyed passing cars today. I feel like my smile has gotten bigger.

So the next mode that we all will be in as well, Sport+. DUDE... is what I said to myself after being in it. Crazy, crazy responsive. The booklet says this is the "race" mode, and I think they mean it. If I had dropped down to under 40, the throttle was very touchy and jerky. Definitely not an in town mode or even on the Highway bypass around town. You need open road. Bigdog made reference in the group by thread about going faster and risking a ticket.. Yes. This is a dangerous mode that will make you want to do nothing but ride over 80 so be warned. Gas mileage gone.

I did alot of switching between modes while on the gas. You can feel the difference as it switches modes and even levels. Even giving it throttle and turning the unit off. This is how I can tell the pedal commander is working.

So since most of you all will get your units at the first of the week, I have NO DOUBT you will enjoy the difference. I drove the pedal max in Eureka Springs and to me these have different results, and pedal commander is better.. My opinion, fight me (haha). And the best part of this unit is that its strictly plug and play. Unlike the pedal max which has to be given power to battery and unit installed. I don't think that you will regret your decisions. And if you do, unplug and set it back for refund. Open for questions now because i know i missing something.

2016.5 Blue Fire

Meansling Quick Shade

Twist hose kit, DDM coolant tank. TricLED upper brow lights, LED Headlights, 6 ring chasing halos, chasing body lights, chasing under-glows, 360 flex-style wheel lights, lower brow lights, TufSKINZ kits. D ring steering wheel. Baker Air Wings, aftermarket velocity style seats, Twist foam mats, battery jump ports.

• Nice review, one thing is incorrect. The petalmax does not require a connection to power to function. Power is optional for the led lights on the unit.

• Nice review, one thing is incorrect. The petalmax does not require a connection to power to function. Power is optional for the led lights on the unit.

Ok. That I didn't know. Just seen them doing it at rally so that's what I thought. Thank you for clarifying

2016.5 Blue Fire

Meansling Quick Shade

• That's fantastic! I knew you were gonna love it. I spoke with Pedal Commander on the "phone app template" looking slightly different than the physical module face plate.This is actually being fixed and will automatically be updated for all customers that are using the phone app. The phone app template is linked to the serial# on each unit.. so they sent the factory in Turkey all of our initial 200 unique serial#'s so that the phone app face plate will be indentical to the module. Hope that made sense. Lol.

I'd like to clarify that this does not affect functionality, it is simply a visual thing for those using the Bluetooth Phone Application!

Our Collection:
    Rykers: 2019 Ryker 600 | 2019 Ryker 900 Rally
    Spyders: 2017 F3-S | 2018 RT Limited | 2019 F3 Limited
    Slingshots: 2015 Base | 2015 SL | 2016.5 SLE | 2018 SLR

forum-footer-image-2.gif

• That's fantastic! I knew you were gonna love it. I spoke with Pedal Commander on the "phone app template" looking slightly different than the physical module face plate.This is actually being fixed and will automatically be updated for all customers that are using the phone app. The phone app template is linked to the serial# on each unit.. so they sent the factory in Turkey all of our initial 200 unique serial#'s so that the phone app face plate will be indentical to the module. Hope that made sense. Lol.

I'd like to clarify that this does not affect functionality, it is simply a visual thing for those using the Bluetooth Phone Application!

Absolutely does not affect function at all. Wasn't hard to figure it out as the lights tell you what mode you are on on the unit. Thanks slingmods for this!

2016.5 Blue Fire

Meansling Quick Shade

• fantastic assessment. I’m glad we made the right decision and i think most of us IF not all are really going to enjoy this thing.

• fantastic assessment. I’m glad we made the right decision and i think most of us IF not all are really going to enjoy this thing.

First they said DO NOT Change settings while driving because it could throw a code.

Second, I asked this before without a reply... can the app or unit be hacked because it’s bluetooth?

If your driving in bumper to bumper traffic and it suddenly goes into race mode....you’re screwed...

• First they said DO NOT Change settings while driving because it could throw a code.

Second, I asked this before without a reply... can the app or unit be hacked because it’s bluetooth?

If your driving in bumper to bumper traffic and it suddenly goes into race mode....you’re screwed...

Unless this is different than most bluetooth devices it would need to be in pairing mode for another device to pair with it.

• First they said DO NOT Change settings while driving because it could throw a code.

well I musta missed that. I didn't have problem. Lucky I guess.

Each unit has its own specific ID. You can't Bluetooth the unit without it. It's on the back of the unit but someone would have to get your unit to do it. The app, idk but think it still will need the unit ID to do anything.

If your driving bumper to bumper and "it were" to switch to sport+ mode it won't take off on you. Even if your in to the gas already. I tried.

If you have your doubts, don't get it. Or do and try yourself. Don't like it, send it back. The only one that can answer all your questions the way you want us you. I can try. Trust me if I figure I can live without it, I'll be sending it back.

2016.5 Blue Fire

Meansling Quick Shade

• Been following both threads...

One con with the unit discussed was the fact that the unit is not waterproof.

Makes sense due to the unit being designed for inside a car passenger compartment.

With that in mind, let's roll with another possible con.

The unit would most likely be mounted in a dash area, highly shaded, and protected from UV exposure (direct sunlight).

Direct sun could cause the membrane buttons for mode selection, plus and minus buttons, to become brittle, crack out, and disintegrate.

Just thinking back to some of the early fish finders and kids outdoor toys with membrane buttons.

Food for thought...

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• agreed. I put mine in this area behind the key. I believe it is a stay dry spot.

2016.5 Blue Fire

Meansling Quick Shade

It's the same as any bluetooth connection. Your phone needs to be in pairing mode and within device range to accept the connection. This is a one time deal to achieve this. Once a bluetooth connection is made with a smartphone it's always remembered and connects unless you physically click "unpair" or "forget device".

Our Collection:

forum-footer-image-2.gif

• UPDATE: The 2015/16 models are now SOLD OUT! You can still purchase at the group buy price until Nov 1st.. but there will unfortunately be a small waiting period for those years. Still awaiting update from MFG on the delivery date of our next batch.

We do still have a handful of 17+ models in stock and ready to ship!

Thanks!

Our Collection:

forum-footer-image-2.gif

• agreed. I put mine in this area behind the key. I believe it is a stay dry spot.

I like this location the best - out of the rain and also out of our killer desert sun - that S#it eats plastics if they are not specifically made for it

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies