So have others seen this ( waiting for these comments )

• ....I'm also concerned about it not being water proof but will have it wrapped to prevent any water damage b4 install and will only use the Bluetooth to control it.......I've been caught in some major downpours and everything I installed on my slingshot I keep in mind that I will get caught again......

What will you be wrapping it with. I too plan to use mainly the blue tooth

:BLUESS:

2016.5 Blue Fire

Meansling Quick Shade

CAI, Twist Header, Welter Performance Bagger, Pedal Commander

Twist hose kit, DDM coolant tank. TricLED upper brow lights, LED Headlights, 6 ring chasing halos, chasing body lights, chasing under-glows, 360 flex-style wheel lights, lower brow lights, TufSKINZ kits. D ring steering wheel. Baker Air Wings, aftermarket velocity style seats, Twist foam mats, battery jump ports.

• wokka i sent you a message. We aren't to far from each other if you wanted to give it a try.

2016.5 Blue Fire

Meansling Quick Shade

Twist hose kit, DDM coolant tank. TricLED upper brow lights, LED Headlights, 6 ring chasing halos, chasing body lights, chasing under-glows, 360 flex-style wheel lights, lower brow lights, TufSKINZ kits. D ring steering wheel. Baker Air Wings, aftermarket velocity style seats, Twist foam mats, battery jump ports.

• What will you be wrapping it with. I too plan to use mainly the blue tooth

...I tend to use black caulk whenever I'm water proofing something for a bike but something tells me besides that I might look into extending the wires and placing it in my glove box where u know it will stay dry

• So Jdymag132 maybe this is something you can answer when you test it out but I'm curious if it puts off any heat. Mainly wondering as in if it does if trying to waterproof it would potentially cause it any problems as well.

Also, I think the only way to fully "test" it for the forum is to get it wet and see what happens :00007579:

J/k. But I am seriously curious of what could potentially happen. Does the slingshot just stop accelerating and stay dead in the water until it's unhooked? Does it short out and take off on it's on full throttle? Pending the heat question I also plan to put mine in as dry as possible location as it'll reach and use the bluetooth.

• I will address both of your reply's here - yes, that is the correct app. I actually communicated directly with Dominik after I got the app and he added a few of the specific speed ranges at my request. as to the GPS the app is set to also work with an external GPS there is actually a link in the app to the SkyPro XGPS 160 GPS Receiver - the link takes you to the German amazon site, but with a quick search you can find it on the U.S. Amazon. With the external GPS I am told it is very accurate

here is a link to the GPS that the app links to - that will improve the accuracy - SkyPro XGPS 160 GPS Receiver

Edward Neal not wanting to derail this post too much. But....... what were your results with the Speed Box app. ? Were you surprised by the results? Can you post some of them? Just curious.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• Edward Neal not wanting to derail this post too much. But....... what were your results with the Speed Box app. ? Were you surprised by the results? Can you post some of them? Just curious.

To be honest I have yet to do any real serious testing with it. I have timed myself with it dozens of times getting on the freeway 30 to 70 and have done other speeds like 0 to 60 at a few lights (trying not to spin the tire), but nothing where I have been in a situation to do repeated tests without having to deal with other vehicles on the road or the risk of getting a ticket

I keep planning on finding a good stretch of desert road where I can take the time to do some repeated tests of 30 to 70 and perhaps 50 to 100 or 60 to 90, but I just havent gotten around to it - - seems the few times I have been on what might be the perfect stretch to stop and do some testing I am having too much fun to stop

the app does store results, but unfortunately when I recently upgraded my phone I cleared out the history and a bunch of other old things before doing the backup of the old iPhone and restoring it to the new phone and since it was not serious testing I didnt keep any other records - - - sorry

As a side note I do wish car companies would drop the whole 0 to 60 thing and instead do 25 to 60 or 30 to 70 - - I think these types of time to speed numbers would be much more representative of the time it takes to get up to speed to merge with highway traffic or to pass a car and as such more useful in real world situations - - just a thought

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Pending forum member testing of this unit this weekend (I hope). I would be willing to add my name to the group buy list. Will see if a few other friends are interested as well.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Hey Guys.. what we could do for the group buy price is just post a coupon code here that's valid until the end of October.. that way everyone has a few weeks to purchase at the special price. Whatever you guys prefer. It'd probably be easier than PM'ing each individual. Let me know and I'll get the code created. FYI: We're almost out of batch two with 35 units left.. more on order. Thanks!

Our Collection:
    Rykers: 2019 Ryker 600 | 2019 Ryker 900 Rally
    Spyders: 2017 F3-S | 2018 RT Limited | 2019 F3 Limited
    Slingshots: 2015 Base | 2015 SL | 2016.5 SLE | 2018 SLR

forum-footer-image-2.gif

• So Jdymag132 maybe this is something you can answer when you test it out but I'm curious if it puts off any heat. Mainly wondering as in if it does if trying to waterproof it would potentially cause it any problems as well.

Also, I think the only way to fully "test" it for the forum is to get it wet and see what happens :00007579:

J/k. But I am seriously curious of what could potentially happen. Does the slingshot just stop accelerating and stay dead in the water until it's unhooked? Does it short out and take off on it's on full throttle? Pending the heat question I also plan to put mine in as dry as possible location as it'll reach and use the bluetooth.

I will certainly check for heat output. Good thinking.

Didn't look like I'll be able to test it this afternoon. Rain has set in on my location. Was supposed to be a morning rain and clear afternoon. Tommorow weather is still set to be perfect.

Still waiting for the delivery truck as well. Tracking does say it's our for delivery.

2016.5 Blue Fire

Meansling Quick Shade

• When you’re doing your speed runs....doing them without the “idle enhancer” keep the rpm up equivalent to what the enhancer does.

Ex. If the idle enhancer jacks the rpm up by 500 standing still.....then do all your non enhanced speed tests with the rpm jacked up an extra 500 rpm. Shift all the gears at an extra 500. Just to keep things fair.

• When you’re doing your speed runs....doing them without the “idle enhancer” keep the rpm up equivalent to what the enhancer does.

Ex. If the idle enhancer jacks the rpm up by 500 standing still.....then do all your non enhanced speed tests with the rpm jacked up an extra 500 rpm. Shift all the gears at an extra 500. Just to keep things fair.

As far as i know, this unit only activates when throttle is pressed and has no affect on idle speeds.. just simply opens throttle body faster..

slingmods may have more info towards that

2016.5 Blue Fire

Meansling Quick Shade

• As far as i know, this unit only activates when throttle is pressed and has no affect on idle speeds.. just simply opens throttle body faster..

slingmods may have more info towards that

That is correct. Idle RPM remains the same.

Our Collection:
    Rykers: 2019 Ryker 600 | 2019 Ryker 900 Rally
    Spyders: 2017 F3-S | 2018 RT Limited | 2019 F3 Limited
    Slingshots: 2015 Base | 2015 SL | 2016.5 SLE | 2018 SLR

forum-footer-image-2.gif

• That is correct. Idle RPM remains the same.

thank you for clearing this up - - apparently BigDog has gotten some bad information

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Does this actually happen to the tachometer?

4. A good example of how the gas pedal will respond is if you're parked on the side of the road in neutral and press the gas pedal to 3k rpm and click the dial up (+1) you'll instantly see the slingshot jump to 3,200 rpm, (+2) 3,400 rpm, etc.. These are examples of the logic.. not the actual results.

• Does this actually happen to the tachometer?

4. A good example of how the gas pedal will respond is if you're parked on the side of the road in neutral and press the gas pedal to 3k rpm and click the dial up (+1) you'll instantly see the slingshot jump to 3,200 rpm, (+2) 3,400 rpm, etc.. These are examples of the logic.. not the actual results.

That was one thing I was going to test!

2016.5 Blue Fire

Meansling Quick Shade

• Ok guys. So package received! Unit installed. No chance to test this evening 😢😢. Very simple install. Unplug pedal, install unit. For big guy like me it's a tight fit, but I got it! No screwdriver needed for me. I installed the head unit behind the key area. See attached photo. Seems to be driest area, given the dust... Unit is housed in a removable housing. Just snaps right in. I think I like this place since I can see the face of the unit. Very sorry I didn't get a chance to test it tonight! Tomorrow is going to be a fun day.

2016.5 Blue Fire

Meansling Quick Shade