So have others seen this ( waiting for these comments )

• Of course. I will do my best to please the rest. if it's here before Saturday I will get a good chance to run it this weekend. I will ask the crowd, where should I install the head unit for best protection from water. I get caught in rain plenty. Good ol Arkansas weather, 4 seasons in a day

Shipment is on the way. I sent it 2-day air and is expected for delivery by end of day on Friday for possible weekend testing! Thank you.

Our Collection:
    Rykers: 2019 Ryker 600 | 2019 Ryker 900 Rally
    Spyders: 2017 F3-S | 2018 RT Limited | 2019 F3 Limited
    Slingshots: 2015 Base | 2015 SL | 2016.5 SLE | 2018 SLR

forum-footer-image-2.gif

• there is an app for iOS called "SpeedBox" that could be very useful for testing something like this. It is a speedometer app that among other things uses the phones GPS to time "time to speed" events. It has a bunch of presets like 0 to 60, 0 to 35 and 0 to 100, but more importantly it has rolling speed to distance presets like 30 to 60, 30 to 70 & 50 to 100 an a bunch of others. and it automatically starts the timer when the first speed is passed and stops it when the top speed is hit

with an app like this you could find a nice open stretch where you could drive at just below the start speed and then punch it and see how quickly you get to the stop speed - - you could do this with the Peddle Commander at different settings and see if it actually produces measurable results

I do not think this app is available for android, but I suspect there might be something similar

anyway - just a thought. It might be a nice way to get some real numbers instead of just butt dyno or trying to time it by hand

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• One thing about that app, and any others using a cell phone's internal GPS, is that it's not going to be real accurate, due to the limitations on the phone's GPS setup.

They do recommend a bluetooth GPS module for more accuracy. I've ordered one for testing. Nice app find, if that's the one Edward, either way, I've snagged it.

• Is or is anyone using a G-Tec performance analyzer? I had one years ago when I had my 1988 Formula Fiero. Unfortunately someone decided they needed it more than me. It seamed to be accurate and gave a lot of info considering it used accelerometer technology and was stand alone. (No hook up to ECU etc.) Something like that may be useful on testing stuff like this. Just curious.

• If you got the time I got the beer...old Miller commercial. Not sure how much data you can get from a phone but if curious look up G-TECH PRO SS PERFORMANCE METER 701 and compare. PS That must be some long chord on your phone.

• One thing about that app, and any others using a cell phone's internal GPS, is that it's not going to be real accurate, due to the limitations on the phone's GPS setup.

They do recommend a bluetooth GPS module for more accuracy. I've ordered one for testing. Nice app find, if that's the one Edward, either way, I've snagged it.

I will address both of your reply's here - yes, that is the correct app. I actually communicated directly with Dominik after I got the app and he added a few of the specific speed ranges at my request. as to the GPS the app is set to also work with an external GPS there is actually a link in the app to the SkyPro XGPS 160 GPS Receiver - the link takes you to the German amazon site, but with a quick search you can find it on the U.S. Amazon. With the external GPS I am told it is very accurate

here is a link to the GPS that the app links to - that will improve the accuracy - SkyPro XGPS 160 GPS Receiver

its a fun app - I think you will like it - I linked the external gps in my other reply for those interested

• One other thing - in the app there is a link to contact Dominik. If there is a specific speed range you think would be useful use the link and he will add it. I wanted 30 to 70 to simulate entering the freeway and a few other ranges I thought would be nice and he had them to me through a test version of the app within a day. Had to use a special code through something called Test flight that lets users test apps before they are approved for the apple store

He is very willing to add things to the app :thumbsup:

• That looks good Edward Neal

Jdymag132 that would work well, until you needed to wash the sling, but maybe a good ziplock bag would be enough to protect the device during washing.

I think I've found a good spot. Just have to see how it would fit. I don't spray it down with water hose. I use water less wash and wax to clean it up. I just sometimes get caught in the rain. Or have to travel through the rain. I like to ride, What can I say..

:BLUESS:

2016.5 Blue Fire

Meansling Quick Shade

CAI, Twist Header, Welter Performance Bagger, Pedal Commander

Twist hose kit, DDM coolant tank. TricLED upper brow lights, LED Headlights, 6 ring chasing halos, chasing body lights, chasing under-glows, 360 flex-style wheel lights, lower brow lights, TufSKINZ kits. D ring steering wheel. Baker Air Wings, aftermarket velocity style seats, Twist foam mats, battery jump ports.

• Shipment is on the way. I sent it 2-day air and is expected for delivery by end of day on Friday for possible weekend testing! Thank you.

I'm excited. Have some riding planned for Saturday already. I think i'm going to burn out some bearings!

2016.5 Blue Fire

Meansling Quick Shade

Twist hose kit, DDM coolant tank. TricLED upper brow lights, LED Headlights, 6 ring chasing halos, chasing body lights, chasing under-glows, 360 flex-style wheel lights, lower brow lights, TufSKINZ kits. D ring steering wheel. Baker Air Wings, aftermarket velocity style seats, Twist foam mats, battery jump ports.

• I can't do it with the control unit not being waterproof. I've been on too many trips where you don't plan on rain and you get wet!

I get caught in rain as well. I think the area previously posted about is a safe place. i think that, if it will fit, i found a good place for it that will avoid all water unless you just spray water there.

2016.5 Blue Fire

Meansling Quick Shade

• ....I'm also concerned about it not being water proof but will have it wrapped to prevent any water damage b4 install and will only use the Bluetooth to control it.......I've been caught in some major downpours and everything I installed on my slingshot I keep in mind that I will get caught again......