So have others seen this ( waiting for these comments )

• Many driving “experts” are driving while texting all day long....trying to kill all of us.

My cell phone is mounted on the dash dead center on top of the radio....so I can watch weather radar, monitor my tire pressure and control my heated riding bear.....Not to text.

Using the phone app controller was for people worried about the wired control unit not being waterproof. So I suggested tucking it away to keep it dry.

If it starts to rain while I’m driving the first thing I do is remove my phone and stick it behind my back....which will be the last place to get soaked...

• Lol.. you guys are funny.

To answer a few questions:

1. The gas pedal lag is completely eliminated and no it doesn't increase the bog that initially comes from the air intake when you mash the throttle without it. So much so that in the Sport+ (+2 or higher) it's actually too responsive. Just as a short throw shifter does not add power I have to think it would slightly increase 0-60 times by just removing lag time. It honestly feels way quicker oddly. It's a strange thing that I was honestly quite skeptical about until about 100 ft from the shop. 10 seconds with this thing and all of your fears will be set to rest.

2. I know the waterproof element kinda blows, but you'll honestly be messing with it for the first few drives and then know what your favorite settings are. The device stores your last setting, so it can be tucked to a hidden location under the dash once your hot spot is found if you plan on driving in the rain. I honestly don't use the app.. cuz it's not something that you'll really mess with once your favorite setting is found.

3. The advantage in my opinion in having a push button controller over an analog knob is so that you know what your fav setting is instantly. ex. I love Sport+ (+1).. so i don't have to fiddle around with a dial to find my desired position. I just click the button. Another example of this would be your "seat" setting in your car. Some cars have "memory 1" or "memory 2", so that when the car wash guy moves the seat 8" from the wheel you're not fiddling with the controls for 10 minutes to find the sweet spot.. you simply click the button you already programmed.

3. You don't love it. Return it within 30 days of purchase.

4. A good example of how the gas pedal will respond is if you're parked on the side of the road in neutral and press the gas pedal to 3k rpm and click the dial up (+1) you'll instantly see the slingshot jump to 3,200 rpm, (+2) 3,400 rpm, etc.. These are examples of the logic.. not the actual results.

4. I wouldn't mind having a single forum member buy at the group buy price to give feedback to the rest of the forum to provide another perspective.. It will either make the group buy a "no brainer" or completely "tank it". We're okay either way.. we're simply the conduit that offers these deals to give Slingshot owners the opportunity to mod with additional saving wherever possible.

5. The group buy will remain open until the 20 is hit. No time frame here unless the mfg increases our cost for some reason.

P.S. On another note.. it's important to make sure the slingshot "ignition" is off when installing.. Preferably disconnect the negative battery terminal. If you do not have the Slingshot ignition off.. it will throw a "check engine" light. You'll have to either disconnect the neg terminal to fix this or go through the engine startup sequence 3 or 4 times until the error clears.

Our Collection:
    Rykers: 2019 Ryker 600 | 2019 Ryker 900 Rally
    Spyders: 2017 F3-S | 2018 RT Limited | 2019 F3 Limited
    Slingshots: 2015 Base | 2015 SL | 2016.5 SLE | 2018 SLR

forum-footer-image-2.gif

• I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE. HAHA I’m interested to buy it at group buy price and review it. If I’m late on the message then I’ll join group buy. I’m interested to see what this can offer over pedal max. Test drove the pedal max in eureka springs. Maybe it was wet roads but I couldn’t talk myself into buying it.

:BLUESS:

2016.5 Blue Fire

Meansling Quick Shade

CAI, Twist Header, Welter Performance Bagger, Pedal Commander

Twist hose kit, DDM coolant tank. TricLED upper brow lights, LED Headlights, 6 ring chasing halos, chasing body lights, chasing under-glows, 360 flex-style wheel lights, lower brow lights, TufSKINZ kits. D ring steering wheel. Baker Air Wings, aftermarket velocity style seats, Twist foam mats, battery jump ports.

• I have been following this but missed the group buy parameters. It looks like we need 20 people but what is the price? If a 'demo' is going out at group buy price it should go to MADDMOE who started this thread.

....thanks for the plug BUT my goal once I saw this on Slingmods website was to get this item all along since I owned my slingshot in 2017, this was the winter I probably was going to get my ECU remapped , so I'm estatic that it has finally arrived, we all (20+) can save some $$$ and I know once I receive it IM NOT SENDING IT BACK.....So with that being said ....anyone else can be a TESTER if they like....ILL HAVE ONE SOON ENOUGH........

• Folks:

I am on the bubble committing to the purchase the Pedal Cdr and waiting for some reviews/feedback. In the meantime, and not to change the subject to much, but has anyone looked into a Performance Chip for the Slingshot that many vehicles have? I am talking about one that will get the most out of your engine by calculating air, fuel and spark to produce more power and MPG. I am talking about one that would work with NA, turbo, and a supercharged SS. Most importantly, I am talking about one that WILL NOT reprogram your stock or MEFI ECU tune or the electrical system in any way. Finally, I am talking about one that would alter your air/fuel ratio WITHOUT leaving any footprint or trace behind in your memory. I know people who have them in vehicles and swear by them but maybe I am reaching to much here. I figure most of you are thinking that you are getting the most out of your vehicle with Bob's tune already and cannot get more out of it, but maybe not.

Finally, to not be mistaken, I am still highly interested in the pedal cdr.

• Soooo... I'm trying to find a reason to talk myself out of this group buy. But on the other side of that thought I have a question for those that may know. I see the two different options are 15-16 and 17+ as are most things for the slingshot. Where does the 16.5 fall into that? I watched the video and obvious difference is older models plug up on the left side of the pedal downward and newer models plug up on the right side upward if I'm not mistaken. I haven't had a chance to see which way mine plugs up yet so figured I'd see here which side of that fence the 16.5 falls on?

• Soooo... I'm trying to find a reason to talk myself out of this group buy. But on the other side of that thought I have a question for those that may know. I see the two different options are 15-16 and 17+ as are most things for the slingshot. Where does the 16.5 fall into that? I watched the video and obvious difference is older models plug up on the left side of the pedal downward and newer models plug up on the right side upward if I'm not mistaken. I haven't had a chance to see which way mine plugs up yet so figured I'd see here which side of that fence the 16.5 falls on?

my guess would be 15-16. pretty sure the 16.5 is mostly the same as a 16 with some added heat shielding and a radiator shroud added.

Having said this you best bet is to just go look at your peddle and see if the plug is on the right or left

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Hello Wicked, the 16.5 is the same pedal config as the 15-16. We actually have a white 16.5 that we verified the map on.

Our Collection:

forum-footer-image-2.gif

• I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE. HAHA I’m interested to buy it at group buy price and review it. If I’m late on the message then I’ll join group buy. I’m interested to see what this can offer over pedal max. Test drove the pedal max in eureka springs. Maybe it was wet roads but I couldn’t talk myself into buying it.

Okay folks.. since MADDMOE can not test at this time.. the other volunteer was Jdymag132

I'm sending a PM shortly to Jdymag132 with a coupon to redeem at the group buy price. Please reply with your order# and shirt size so i can throw one in for being our forum test subject. Lol. Also, so i can expedite the shipment!

Our Collection:

forum-footer-image-2.gif

• Ok guys. I’ve ordered it. Thanks for letting me be the guinea pig

2016.5 Blue Fire

Meansling Quick Shade

Twist hose kit, DDM coolant tank. TricLED upper brow lights, LED Headlights, 6 ring chasing halos, chasing body lights, chasing under-glows, 360 flex-style wheel lights, lower brow lights, TufSKINZ kits. D ring steering wheel. Baker Air Wings, aftermarket velocity style seats, Twist foam mats, battery jump ports.

• ......after spending about 4-5 weeks trouble shooting my 15 Road Glide and trying to figure out why it wouldn't start, I finally got it started today after changing out the CKP Sensor and now I'm so estatic because the jealousy my Harley was showing towards my slingshot was unbelievable.......now time to get about 8 more slingers and get to working on mod season #3 for me and my sling

• Ah one more thing worth mentioning is that the 36 settings on the commander which consist of 4+, 4- and baselines for four different modes which includes ECO, City, Sport, Sport+ are preset "maps" that are imported as a file to the Pedal Commander itself. Each pedal commander unit has a unique serial# on it so if for any reason we launched a more/less aggressive MAP file or for some reason had an issue with the MAP on the Pedal Commander. The MFG Tech Support can actually fix the problem remotely since the system is supported via bluetooth and allows them to send you a new map file than can be updated without having to return the unit. Pretty crazy.. so basically remote diagnostics. Hopefully that never needs to be used.. but we thought that was a pretty nutty feature.

I’m just asking cause I’m not sure....

Since it’s blue tooth.......could it be hacked?

• We expect lots of pics and a lengthy review.

Of course. I will do my best to please the rest. if it's here before Saturday I will get a good chance to run it this weekend. I will ask the crowd, where should I install the head unit for best protection from water. I get caught in rain plenty. Good ol Arkansas weather, 4 seasons in a day

2016.5 Blue Fire

Meansling Quick Shade

• Of course. I will do my best to please the rest. if it's here before Saturday I will get a good chance to run it this weekend. I will ask the crowd, where should I install the head unit for best protection from water. I get caught in rain plenty. Good ol Arkansas weather, 4 seasons in a day

Under the dash on the right side of the steering wheel, I have had the garage door opener hanging there for years without a problem on that little loop thing.

• I'm in for the group buy :thumbsup:

• Under the dash on the right side of the steering wheel, I have had the garage door opener hanging there for years without a problem on that little loop thing.

I agree with this - same place I put my garage door opener and so far its managed to stay dry - although I put mine on velcro and I take it out when washing the sling

here is a snap

i-5P3fZx2-X2.jpg

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I agree with this - same place I put my garage door opener and so far its managed to stay dry - although I put mine on velcro and I take it out when washing the sling

here is a snap

i-5P3fZx2-X2.jpg

Great, Thanks for the picture as well!

2016.5 Blue Fire

Meansling Quick Shade