So have others seen this ( waiting for these comments )

• I'm curious why you are adjusting this on the fly.

Adjusting in the fly allowed me to find the settings I like for different conditions. I travel almost a mile on a county road before hitting the highway. My road is incredible bumpy and washboarded, I turn it down so it's less sensitive until I get to the highway. Most times I run it at 50% but if the road turn twisty I turn it up a little and play. In Eureka Springs we did the low speed parade through down town, I shut it off for more pedal at low speed. It started raining on us coming home on the interstate, the road got slick so I turned it down. Personal preference on liking the knob over preset buttons.

• Group buy pricing would push me over the edge to buy and submit a review.

If you do offer group pricing, please notify me.

• With all of the interchangeable parts Polaris uses from Chevy and Jeep and others....the possibility of it plugging in to our pedal could exist.

• I have read this whole thread and I am on the bubble right now for the group buy in. Does Slingmods have a drop dead date on the Group Buy in? I have to say, some good recommendations/reviews by our forum members prior to that date or even some positive reviews on Slingmods website could put me over the edge.

....the end date will be once we reach the goal of 20+ and by then hopefully we have some feedback on either this forum or slingmods......good or bad......

And I'm at about 7 of us so far......

Me of course

OrangeSlingFL

SlingLow

wokka

KmeCCadon

Miller Time ??? (On the edge)

mpj220

.....I'm hoping the reviews will have at least 13 more go over the edge also

• I will say that I don't like that the control unit is not waterproof. I guess I could find a place to put it where it would stay dry, but I would prefer not having to worry about it.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Lets do this!! slingmods perhaps you would want to create a new thread specifically aimed towards the group buy? Just a suggestion.

• okay - here is yesterdays PM to my friend who got the Pedal Max at the Las Vegas event this last Spring and the reply from him that I just received

SAT 2:30 PM
    Hey Cesar how you doing? I am curious as to what you think of that slingshot throttle response device you got now that you have had it for awhile - is it something you would recommend for a daily driver or would my money be better spent on other mods?

1:33 PM

Hi Edward. It's been awhile since we've talked. Yes it is money well spent. I don't use my slingshot that much. But when I do use it and I want to get around a slow moving car or truck then I just dial it up to about the 75 mark and punch it. You can really feel the difference. You are welcomed to use my slingshot so that you can feel it for yourself before you buy one

• As others know I am not a fan of these devices since for the slingshot they don't produce any quantifiable results(butt Dyno doesn't count).

However slingmods is offering a money-back guarantee which is not something the other guys were willing to publicly commit here in the forums during that other thread.

So if anyone is interested in the product slingmods is the way to go and if doesn't satisfy you then simply return it for a full refund no questions asked.

I wish this group buy would have happened 2 months ago, I would have bought it if nothing else just to do a few timed pulls but as of yesterday my slingshot went into winter storage since we are expecting snow this upcoming weekend.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I am not sure a device like this would not produce any quantifiable results as you say. If you mash the gas as fast as you can and this device opens the throttle faster than it would open without the device in theory you should get off the line faster and assuming you have traction and all other things were equal then having this device should result in faster times in time to distance events like a 1/4 mile drag race

an improvement in reaction time, be it an improvement in the reflexes of the driver or as in this case the response time of the throttle body to the input of the pedal should result in improved times and that would be a quantifiable result

to me the question is not if there will be measurable improvements, the question is will these improvements be usable - if I am just going to spin my tire easier and have to wait for it to gain traction longer then faster power to the wheel is not really helpful - where a device like this might be helpful for me would be things like passing, time from 50 to 90 or something like that. if the slingshot reacts faster and gets me out and around another vehicle in less time that could be a very useful improvement - as I posted above in my friends reply when I asked about this - this is exactly where he finds the improvement to be worth the investment.

I think I am going to have to take him up on his offer to try his slingshot next time i get the chance - - hopefully it will be easy to see the differences in the throttle improvement despite the other differences in our slingshots

• Well, if the group buy does go through, we are going to do some tests and posts results.

That's why I asked if someone going to the race day would mind testing it, doing some laps with and without it. I'd also do my own tests once I get it in hand.

Still hoping Dave will have time to play with his pedal max

• I will say that I don't like that the control unit is not waterproof. I guess I could find a place to put it where it would stay dry, but I would prefer not having to worry about it.

You could always slide a latex finger glove over your unit for those times when you expect it to get wet.

You might want to figure out what to tell the wife about the little package in the glove box in advance. Good luck!

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Do you possibly think Polaris deliberately programmed in the slight lag time to cover their ass from you killing yourself? Same with the rest of the nanny controls....

I doubt it - as you pointed out earlier the throttle pedal and its electronics are probably off the shelf GM parts and the lag is just part of the design

• The pedal has 4 or 5 different sensors that report to the computer. The ecm has the parameters for every sensor. I would think they might be able to be set from digital wrench to do whatever they want them to do. Hence the ability to have the ecm retuned.

• With the phone ap...you could slip the wired controller under the radio plastic to keep it dry and use the phone to adjust it.

Do you really want to try and look at your phone while driving? I have a hard time seeing the screen in bright sunlight using it to play music.