So have others seen this ( waiting for these comments )

• Ok, I'll put my money where my mouth is, I'll commit to buying one on the group buy, but I want a volunteer that is going to Roebling Road to give it an honest try for at least a few laps, then ship it to me for testing. MACAWS you up for that? or anyone else.

After I've tested it, I'll ship it out to anyone who wants to try it, you just pay for shipping both ways.

What am I testing?

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Ahem.. are you saying we're not Slingshot owners? Lol. We actually have 4.. haha. We tested it on two NA motors, 1 DDM Turbo and 1 DDM SuperCharger. Our first batch of 100 units has already been sold.. however we have another batch arriving on Monday morning. I presume the majority of the sales and presales are not forum members unfortunately. Our review request e-mail is automatically sent out 30 days from the recorded shipping date asking the customer to share their review and insight. It's been "in stock" for a week or so.. so reviews may trickle in early for manual reviewers but for those that wait for the 30 day review form we're still a few weeks out from seeing those. If you're on the fence about the mod.. i'd encourage you to wait until those reviews are posted so that you can buy with confidence. Again, if you buy and don't like it within 30 days send it back for a refund. no questions aske

Ok, I'll put my money where my mouth is, I'll commit to buying one on the group buy, but I want a volunteer that is going to Roebling Road to give it an honest try for at least a few laps, then ship it to me for testing. MACAWS you up for that? or anyone else.

After I've tested it, I'll ship it out to anyone who wants to try it, you just pay for shipping both ways.

MACAWS cannot keep up you need a real driver:evil:

• personally I find this idea of throttle response adjustability to be something I am very unsure about - - - In the entire time I have owned my Slingshot I never even noticed this as being a problem. There have been tons of times where I have felt as if I pushed the throttle faster than I should have and had to back off, but I do not recall one single time when I stepped on it and it felt like it was not responding as fast as I expected

around corners or off the line even with my dead stock motor it is easy to punch it and break the rear loose as such I struggle to think of where and when I would find it advantageous to get the extra jump that a device like this would give me

My friend who lives locally that also had a slingshot got the version of this that slingshot only sells installed at the Las Vegas event a few months back. right after he got it I asked him what he thought and he said the difference was very impressive - - I may have to contact him as ask what he thinks now that he has had it for some time - would he buy it again? and is it actually helpful in everyday driving?

I have no doubt the throttle will open impressively faster and I am sure that in some instances like trying to get the jump on some other vehicle in a street race that this could be very useful, but I do have my doubts about the everyday usability for someone like me who uses the slingshot as my daily driver

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Ahem.. are you saying we're not Slingshot owners? Lol. We actually have 4.. haha. We tested it on two NA motors, 1 DDM Turbo and 1 DDM SuperCharger. Our first batch of 100 units has already been sold.. however we have another batch arriving on Monday morning. I presume the majority of the sales and presales are not forum members unfortunately. Our review request e-mail is automatically sent out 30 days from the recorded shipping date asking the customer to share their review and insight. It's been "in stock" for a week or so.. so reviews may trickle in early for manual reviewers but for those that wait for the 30 day review form we're still a few weeks out from seeing those. If you're on the fence about the mod.. i'd encourage you to wait until those reviews are posted so that you can buy with confidence. Again, if you buy and don't like it within 30 days send it back for a refund. no questions asked!

Just a quick note about "Slingmods" been dealing with them for 4 years and they are GREAT to work with. They will stand behand and support any product they handle....

• just sent my friend a PM to see what he thinks now that he has had it for sometime

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I’ve watched a few videos on this subject and in one, the tester commented on his setting of choice and it was in the city range. He said because the other higher settings were a bit too much for driving around town. I can throw myself back in the seat by punching the gas. That is with a CAI and welter exhaust with no cat. Nothing else. So I’m wondering as you are if it’s really needed? I don’t need extra help to kill myself...LOL...

• I have a PedalMAX installed and like the difference it makes in throttle response. I have no doubts this brand will also do the job. One thing I like with the PedalMAX is the knob to adjust sensitive. It's easy to use on the fly and I don't need to to take my eyes off the road when making changes.

• ....well needless to say I'm in for the group buy in .........and have passed to word to a few others that I know ....

• I have a PedalMAX installed and like the difference it makes in throttle response. I have no doubts this brand will also do the job. One thing I like with the PedalMAX is the knob to adjust sensitive. It's easy to use on the fly and I don't need to to take my eyes off the road when making changes.

I'm curious why you are adjusting this on the fly.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• First I will preface this with this statement.....I love slingmods and I have spent thousands of dollars with them.

I came upon this video and found it interesting....without any comments one way or the other....here it is.

Interesting ... went to the web site and nothing comes up for the SS

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I guess I can see the benefits of this. Its basically giving you a super fast gas pedal....

Or you could say a "super human fast foot".

My only pessimistic question is this... And I am not againt this device at all. It has a gazillion positive reviews so it may have tech in it that allows a correction for what I'm about to ask.

IF you slap your foot to the floor in a fairly stock Slingshot it will take your sling a second to respond to all the air and fuel you just gave it. A slight bog before the engine figures out what to do with all that fresh air and fuel. .......Wouldn't this device just exacerbate this issue and just make it whip the throttle body open faster causing the engine to load up and bog faster.....??

Its 2am and I just got up to pee. So i could be a little hazy in my thinking. If someone knows if my theory is correct or not post us a reply.

• I clearly remember being in cars with 4 barrels and when you punched the pedal down there was a slight hesitation....you could hear the heavy Duwaa sound as the carburetor butterflies opened up throwing the gas down the throat and the rpm increased then the tranny reacted and you got thrown into the seat as the car launched down the road.

Even with a cable it still took time for the motor to react.

So the question becomes....is the electronic connection any faster than the cable?

It still takes time for the extra gas to get into the cylinders. Time for the motor to speed up. Time for the tranny to get the power. Time for the driveshaft to transfer the power to the axle and time for the wheels to turn faster.....there will never be an instantaneous reaction. There will always be a lag time.

While I agree that what we call hesitation sucks and can actually be dangerous if you need to get out of the way, a fast response is essential.

• Look under the Chevy HHR, Chevy cruise, and other cars with the 2.4 motor and manual tranny...

And you are stating for fact that Polaris used the same connecting plugs as Chevy for the electronic throttle???

Easy to spend someone else's dollar, but how about your own?

Yep, I perused thier site...

Didn't see a fitment for Polaris model anything.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• My basic understanding of these systems is that the controller does not alter the rate that the throttle body opens. (I could be wrong with that information). It basically just takes the gas pedal input signal and speeds up the response rate to the ecu to "trick} the tps to think you're at wot sooner than you really are. Which in turn sets all the parameters into a faster rate of applying the full throttle mode faster. It does this by speeding up the 5v input signal

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I have read this whole thread and I am on the bubble right now for the group buy in. Does Slingmods have a drop dead date on the Group Buy in? I have to say, some good recommendations/reviews by our forum members prior to that date or even some positive reviews on Slingmods website could put me over the edge.