DDM TRack Day at Roebling Road Raceway -WE ARE GOOD TO GO!

Date

DDM TRack Day at Roebling Road Raceway - DATE CHANGE

Mon, Dec 16th 2019, 6:00 am - 7:00 am

1135 Roebling Road Bloomingdale, Georgia 31302

Participants

10 participants, 13 undecided and 0 do not participate

Closing Date: Nov 18th 2019, 8:36 am
  • Many many years ago I took a race driving class at the Bob Bondurant racing school they had cars they provided but they also allowed students to use their own cars if the student planned on tracking that car and wanted to improve their skills in that particular car. At that time I drove a Porsche 356-c and so I used my own car.

This brings me to today - here in the valley we have a high end housing development that is much like a country club - except instead of being built around a golf course this development is built around a race track this track is exclusively for the members and their guests and the only exception seems to be if you attend the BMW race driving school that is located there. I have thought about going over there and asking if I can take a driving class and use my Slingshot but I have to wonder if any of their instructors would really know how to best drive a three wheeled vehicle - - As I said above I have already learned the basics of how to drive a car on a race track and if I were to take a class now it would be to learn more specifically how to best track a slingshot - - - just not sure BMW school teachers wouldn't be just as much in need of learning the slingshot as i am

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Many many years ago I took a race driving class at the Bob Bondurant racing school they had cars they provided but they also allowed students to use their own cars if the student planned on tracking that car and wanted to improve their skills in that particular car. At that time I drove a Porsche 356-c and so I used my own car.

This brings me to today - here in the valley we have a high end housing development that is much like a country club - except instead of being built around a golf course this development is built around a race track this track is exclusively for the members and their guests and the only exception seems to be if you attend the BMW race driving school that is located there. I have thought about going over there and asking if I can take a driving class and use my Slingshot but I have to wonder if any of their instructors would really know how to best drive a three wheeled vehicle - - As I said above I have already learned the basics of how to drive a car on a race track and if I were to take a class now it would be to learn more specifically how to best track a slingshot - - - just not sure BMW school teachers wouldn't be just as much in need of learning the slingshot as i am

Not much different, you can drift just like a car. You learn just how much that back tire will hold. We had one person that found out twice in one day.

• Not much different, you can drift just like a car. You learn just how much that back tire will hold. We had one person that found out twice in one day.

just seems to me that if I were to pay a teacher to teach me how to better drive my slingshot that I would want that teacher to have had a bunch of hours behind the wheel of a slingshot first.

Heck even when I went to Bondurant my instructor spent the first half of the first day on the track with my 356-c so that he could learn the ins and outs of it before instructing me

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• just seems to me that if I were to pay a teacher to teach me how to better drive my slingshot that I would want that teacher to have had a bunch of hours behind the wheel of a slingshot first.

Heck even when I went to Bondurant my instructor spent the first half of the first day on the track with my 356-c so that he could learn the ins and outs of it before instructing me

I was just kidding. I actually had someone that raced the second track day, I forget what it was he raced other than a road course. He was NA and so was I and he could not get by me, he came to me later and told me that. But you can always learn something. Like not staying on the brakes all of the time.

• Dave@DDMWorks , I’ll certainly accept lessons . I have spoke to and sent information to the dealership in Savannah to try to get a few local owners interested.
    They talk a mean game of interest. We will see if they put up cash or not. I will check with them again in person in a week or so.

Just please don’t cancel without giving us a chance to pony up a little more to make this day if we can’t get other SShots signed up.

• Dave@DDMWorks , I’ll certainly accept lessons . I have spoke to and sent information to the dealership in Savannah to try to get a few local owners interested.
    They talk a mean game of interest. We will see if they put up cash or not. I will check with them again in person in a week or so.

Just please don’t cancel without giving us a chance to pony up a little more to make this day if we can’t get other SShots signed up.

I am still in if there is an increase

Always down to improve my driving game... you teaching Dave@DDMWorks ??

Right now, me and Zach will be happy to do some instructing, as we both have a lot of experience at Roebling and also in the Slingshots ;)

The plan is also that we will be bringing our street cars (MINI Cooper S and Supercharged Mazda 2) and taking people in those between the Slingshot groups we run to help show the lines and where people can improve.

• We had someone ask about having different drivers with the same Slingshot, we are working with the track to figure out if the entry fee is per driver or per vehicle and will post up and let everyone know.

We alternated drivers last 2 session with no problem but they had to register and sign waivers at entry

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Sorry guys.... I'll be paying after this weekend but that's solid 6 if no others have said yes.

Who wants to find out how well a Jeep Gladiator tracks..

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Sorry guys.... I'll be paying after this weekend but that's solid 6 if no others have said yes.

Who wants to find out how well a Jeep Gladiator tracks..

You are worth waiting for my friend - glad you can make it.

I bet the Gladiator will do better than your sling coming out of turn 9 and mowing the grass!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• We had someone ask about having different drivers with the same Slingshot, we are working with the track to figure out if the entry fee is per driver or per vehicle and will post up and let everyone know.

In the past , the charge was per Slingshot. Additional drivers don't take up additional track or time .

• Janet and I are booked and looking forward to having a great time with awesome friends.

It says you need coat and gloves, will any coat and gloves work?

Also where is everyone staying, is there a host hotel?

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'