Appreciation thread for @ Slingrazor (Pay it Forward)

• I just wanted to take a moment out and publicly thank Slingrazor for his generosity this weekend.

I was in need of some filler panels after I removed the massive parachutes off the side of my SS. Within MINUTES of me posting Trent shot me a PM asking for my address so he could ship me a set of the metal ones he cut out. Excited, I promptly replied with my address asking him how much he wanted to which he responded "As always has been and always will be, Please Pay It Forward.".

I was honestly speechless, because that is a mentality I have lived by most of my life just ask Dave@DDMWorks .

I got the parts Friday and on a freebie the packaging was better then a lot of things I buy from actual stores and I noticed he paid almost $10 for shipping.

The world needs more of this Pay it Forward mentality so I will reciprocate in kind.

I have a Brand new Sparco steering wheel (replaced the 8th day I bought ole Blue) that would be perfect for any SL or S trim owners out there.

So, if you are in need of this wheel just PM or message me here and I will ship it out to you free of charge. If you are local in GA I will install it for you as well.

Thanks again Slingrazor :thumbup:

Let's keep this pace going my brothers and sisters!

-Chris

Sling

• Agreed, folks here are family, and it's not the crazy uncle side, but the ones you like :)

However, the crazy uncle is the one who everyone talks about, is the most entertaining, and you never want at your house when you are hosting Thanksgiving...

Be nice, @biddog does deserve Thanksgiving dinner....... :00008172:

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• When Trent first posted pics of his sling a couple of years ago with the fin removed my first thought was gotta have it. After emailing back and forth he sent me his # to explain things then sent me a paint by number tutorial on how he did it. I discussed the project with my buddy Doug at Metricks who took a slightly different tack in accomplishing the removal. Someday soon I will post pics of my repainted, finless sling but now is the time to thank Trent for his inspiration and help, Metricks for the execution of the project, and The Rock, Jdin, Wraith, and Lrobbi for their help in earlier mods. Five years of good times come November. Was off the grid for last two weeks doing 150 mile canoe trip on the James river from Buchanon to Richmond, VA and came home to find my buddy DocG passed away. Like Trent, I enjoyed helping others with my fairly limited wrenching skills and will always remember installing my first replacement exhaust and Alpha CAI on DocGs' sling after Dave at DDM forced me to buy the SC and TheRock did the heavy work installing it.

Keep paying it forward.