1 mile East Coast Timing Association event coming up next week.

• We have all recorded a video and listen to the wind noise when we play it back. However it's usually because your driving 55 down the road. This video is of a Harly Davidson making a 1 mile pass. Listen to how strong the wind is blowing and hitting my camera when his run is over. And you will notice that my Slingshot is not even running during this video. It is hard enough to force a Polaris Slingshot through the air. But when you add 40mph of constant headwind it's just impossible to break any speed records.

Once the Harley let's off at the end listen to just how steady and hard the wind is hitting my camera.

I think this morning is going to be calm a somewhat cool. I will post more throughout the day....

One last thing... for anyone that has held a very modified car or bike wide open for a full mile or more I got to had it to ya. I have never noticed this before but even on my private little stretch of interstate when I'm running what I consider to be "wide open" there is still some variance in the throttle. Out here you get out about 300 feet and the tire is hooked up fairly well you literally hold the gas pedal to the floor at 100% for a full mile.

• No fender/splash panels or wind screen will be the way I will run this time on track day. I also have another idea I will be trying. BE SAFE rabtech and @Dav

I held the Sling wide open for over 5 miles in fifth gear to give it plenty of room to top out, but it never did get to the speed it would run in 4th gear. I do not remember the number it it ran it has been too long ago

• FREAKING DAVE RAN 158MPH AND THEN I TRIED IT..... Everthing was up for the challenge except for one of my cylinders. Number 3 piston decided that it wanted a window to see through. So I'm out for the weekend.

Sorry Rab…. as long as you came out OK everything else can be rebuilt.

• I'm hoping that someone has a few of my runs on video. The first run of my day yesterday i.broke the rear tire loose at the 1/2 mile point and it moved over about 2 feet. I was moving at 135mph when it did.

For everyone that wants to see what 151mph will do to the front of slingshot. I can tell you it snapped my hood in half at the top where the vent goes jn and it pushed the splitter down to the pavement. AND it blew the grill out of the front. I also had to reinforce the fin on the back deck. I'm uploading pictures now.

• I'm hoping that someone has a few of my runs on video. The first run of my day yesterday i.broke the rear tire loose at the 1/2 mile point and it moved over about 2 feet. I was moving at 135mph when it did.

For everyone that wants to see what 151mph will do to the front of slingshot. I can tell you it snapped my hood in half at the top where the vent goes jn and it pushed the splitter down to the pavement. AND it blew the grill out of the front. I also had to reinforce the fin on the back deck. I'm uploading pictures now.

Thanks for t he report.

• My wife just showed me a BookFace video of one of rabtech 's runs taken by Dennis LaTour. I saw both Ghost and wokka at the starting line. You don't get much detail once he's down the track but you can hear him using all of his gears. Looks like fun boys! Sorry about your engine grenading Rab. Are you putting notches in your belt?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Well,

Rab you called it "something is going to happen for sure"

1/2 mile down was just too far to get video from the starting line...

This was amusing to us :) more videos to come