Super-Secret Skunk Works exhaust "leak"!

• [quote='Bill from Hahn RaceCraft','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/8331-super-secret-skunk-works-exhaust-leak/&postID=283138#post283138']

Is there a new header to complement it? Just askin’ from a distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

As you can now see...it is its own header :thumbsup:

[/quote]

Looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Nice. I recently added a 1320 header and rear exhaust. If the price is right I my ditch it for this. I hate throwing away money but that simply looks sexy. Eagar to read about the final result.

Always be yourself unless you can be Batman.
    Then be Batman!

• Nice. I recently added a 1320 header and rear exhaust. If the price is right I my ditch it for this. I hate throwing away money but that simply looks sexy. Eagar to read about the final result.

Thanks! We look forward to bringing it to full fruition.

After having been exposed to practically every exhaust out there, I personally don't care much for most of the rear exhausts...they seem to suffer from filling the cabin with fumes. We've had far better results with side exhausts which push the fumes into fast-moving air alongside the machine, dissipating the fumes and carrying them away from the Slingshot much more effectively. The side-exit approach has proven more effective in this regard.

• The O2 sensor in this configuration could just be mounted in the last cylinder bank. You wouldn't be running a turbo with this so you most likely would only have a narrow band sensor. It really just needs to sniff the fumes off of the 3rd or 4th cylinder.

If you were using this with a supercharger you would just mount the wide band in cylinder 3 or 4.

As I typed this it just dawned on me that you could just add a bung and plug to the backside of each tube. Effectively giving the purchaser the ability to mount the narrow band on whatever cylinder they want. And it would give someone like me with multiple wideband sensors to mount all 4 up.

Just an idea... Bungs and pipe plugs are pretty inexpensive... This thing looks like it would flow as much exhaust as you could produce with a supercharger.

I would also like to hear it when its finished... You could even tune the sound with baffles that go into the end of each pipe.

Here is a pic of what I mean by putting the bungs toward the backside of each pipe if there is enough room between the header and the engine block.

• Yep, we plan to use the same versatile baffle system we use in our current exhausts. I'm rather tight-lipped at this point as to how we will ultimately address the O2 sensor, for both proprietary reasons as well as because we've yet to finalize said approach. I'm confident our solution will be effective 8)

Thanks for your input. as well as your kudos!