• I got an e-mail today from Polaris that wanted me to take a survey about a potential new app for Slingshot owners that would give diagnostic information - - have any of you received thsi and if so what did you think?

I suspect it would only work with newer slingshots I dont see any way that it could access information from my 2016 - - nice idea though

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Sounds interesting, but I doubt I'd be able to make use of it without adding some type of transceiver to talk to the app. It might be able to connect via Bluetooth thru the factory sound system, assuming that is connected to the ECU. The only survey or contact I've had from Polaris was a recent survey about Polaris Slingshot apparel, something I have absolutely no interest in whatsoever. I wear forum apparel, but Polaris apparel seems to be too expensive, IMO.

• if they do this like the car manufacturers. then you'll need to pay

i had a chevy silverado, now have a jeep cherokee and both want $15 a month to send this info to you.

yea - thats not happening - no way I would pay for what they say this app will offer

considering the survey is all about finding a name for the app I would have had a very different suggestion if I thought they wanted money

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• if they do this like the car manufacturers. then you'll need to pay

i had a chevy silverado, now have a jeep cherokee and both want $15 a month to send this info to you.

Hm...... Seems like a lot for not enough

My BMW Connected app let's control the vehicle(heat/cold) so it is perfect when I get there, has all info regarding the car, including lock/unlock and includes monthly map updates as well as live traffic infol,All that for 8/month .

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• there is an app on "Google Pay Store" called = Slingshot® Ride Command and its for the newer radio units = 7 inch display. I have a 2018 SLR LE and app works fine on Android phone.Cost nothing connects thru bluetooth,and reports whats on the "Ride Command" pages.

https://play.google.com/store/…ndustries.slingshot&hl=en

don't know if similar for iPhone

Some days it just isn't worth chewing through the straps

(`'·.¸(`'·.¸Dawger007 ¸.·'´)¸.·'´)

********** This message printed on recyclable media***********

(Think about it!)

Edited once, last by dawger007 ().

• I am sure you all are aware that the current Ride command app updates when you have it logged on and turn on the sling (2019) with mileage and oil stats. I think the rest could be easily done. The Ride Command already has a screen that says diagnostics.... Sorry I guess I do not know how to do pictures.... if you click on the pic it shows you the data...

• There is already an app for the phone called Ride Command that interfaces with I believe the ride command head unit. It does not however provide much information other than mileage, fuel remaining battery and when you are due for an oil change. It does allow you to design rides (hard to use) and then download them to the SS.

It is lacking for sure and would be great if it provided more engine information.

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...