SPEAKER LOCATION

• Looking for opinions on best speaker location. Armrest side panels or the behind the head hump. Anyone with one or both of these please let me know how the sound quality is at highway speeds. I will only be adding one of these, not both. Thanks in advance for any input.

DuaneIndy

2019 SS SL

Stock is better

• I have both with the Kicker Marine speakers (even though slingmods said they won't fit the side mounts) and they sound great.

The behind the head in the hoops will sound a bit off in the beginning because the top of your seat muffles the highs as it covers the entire speaker. My .02 the arm rests sound the best because only a fraction of the speaker if covered by the seat (if it's all the way pushed back).

Can't go wrong with either, but if you are only getting one I would suggest the armrests.

Thanks,

• I have the 6.5 kickers also, I have PRP suspension seats that have the centers out, if you go to slingmods you can see what I mean or look at the pics. but I have speakers behind the headrest and also down by the floor. I had hip speakers but they would be muffled when someone was sitting in the sling so I moved them forward near the feet. They sound awesome there. I don't have the arm rest speakers. have not tried nor heard them.

• I had the ones near the foot and they were ok...but if you are listening to music that actually has words...behind the head is the amazing. I can keep the volume on the head unit lower by almost half and not tax the amps as much and it produces more sound and better quality.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• I have the ones in the roll hoop and can hear my music with great clarity at highway speeds. I also have the 1320 rear exhaust which is one of the loudest exhaust systems out there. I think it is the best location when paired with an amp and decent speakers.

Always be yourself unless you can be Batman.
    Then be Batman!

• I have the roll-hoop speaker pods with RF 6.5" speakers and 4" speakers in Select Increments VersaPods (http://selectincrements.com/versapod.html) on top of the dash aimed back towards the driver/passenger and there are still times when noise on the Interstates makes it hard to hear my music, especially at 70 mph or higher. I've been thinking about trying higher-rated speakers in the hoop pods and bridging my amp for more power, but just haven't gotten around to trying it.

• Well got pulled over for the first time in 3 years and you will never guess the reason?

Do you believe this cop had nothing better too do with his and my time. He said the horns on my helmet were illegal. I did not give him any backtalk so he gave me a warning but I drive thru Bear mtn area alot and we will see if he pulls me over again. Iam going to tell him to give me a tkt and we will see what the judge thinks!

• Well got pulled over for the first time in 3 years and you will never guess the reason?

Do you believe this cop had nothing better too do with his and my time. He said the horns on my helmet were illegal. I did not give him any backtalk so he gave me a warning but I drive thru Bear mtn area alot and we will see if he pulls me over again. Iam going to tell him to give me a tkt and we will see what the judge thinks!

Just ignore any response from Bigdog...

Wrong as always.

Took a look at the New Jersey helmet law...

25 Dollar fine for no or improper helmet and no points against license.

Helmet must be non-glare and have a minimum four inch reflective strip on each side.

Helmet must be DOT approved.

Helmet must be on the list of approved manufacturers.

(And it is an extensive list with more being added all the time)

I am not a lawyer and it has been a while since I stayed at a Holiday Inn.

So, if your helmet meets the requirements and the horns do not compromise the structural integrity of the helmet, ride on comrad.

As to Bigdog and his judge, wink wink...

Someone has to file complaint/charge.

If not, then DA will have to choose to prosecute...

Pretty sure he has better things to do in court than chase a helmet violation.

And even if the DA goes dumb ass, the judge will decide what he will hear in his court.

As for LEO's doing what they want....

Yes, some do power trip.

Usually doesn't play out well for a career.

And if I am wrong, Bill Martin will ride me like a turbocharged Slingshot.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I might not be right but I can sure sound like it