Performance Exhaust

• I have a 2017 SLR with a Pro-charger and stock exhaust. I want to add a performance exhaust that isn't super loud.

I think I want to go with the 1320 performance V2 header/ downpipe, with the Thermal R&D front exit exhaust?

Not sure that I want to go with rear exit exhaust because I heard that with a tall windshield and roof; cabin fumes can be bad?

Any input would be great before I pull the trigger!

• have you looked at the ZZP exhaust system? it it the same as they use in their turbo charger kit. I like that it replaces everything in a simple setup with no springs - - - - - ZZP Slingshot exhaust package

Also it is very reasonably priced :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• If you've got the Pro-Charger Supercharger, you're one of the few who has one... Before changing the exhaust, I'd check with the guy who did the ECU reprogram to see if there's enough fuel to cover the flow change. Most supercharger maps run rich, so there should be enough margin, but I'd check just in case. I'd also check the MAP sensor (typically changed to a 2-bar MAP sensor) to make sure that it's a secure mounting. DDM sells clips to hold these securely in the Slingshot manifold to avoid leaks or detachment.

• bigred Here is a link to our header and exhaust package https://zzperformance.com/coll…slingshot-exhaust-package If you have any questions you can email me directly at Kyle@zzperformance.com. You will not have to adjust your tune. In all of the testing we have done, the factory exhaust manifold and cat are not very restrictive and it will not make a difference in the tune since it is all speed density. If you want to hear a sound clip against the factory exhaust, you can hear it here

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Thanks Kyle & gearhead!

Kyle, I talked to Chris at CBM Motorsports last night and he said to give ZZP a call about a new tune, or not. I did not realize that you guys were here in GR.

I will stop in this afternoon and see you (If your in the office) and we can determine the next step. Thanks again guys!

Kyle, I talked to Chris at CBM Motorsports last night and he said to give ZZP a call about a new tune, or not. I did not realize that you guys were here in GR.

I will stop in this afternoon and see you (If your in the office) and we can determine the next step. Thanks again guys!

I will be here! Definitely stop by. I leave from 2-240 to pick my son up from school and drop him at day care. Aside from that I will be here all day.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

If you're going to Eureka Springs, look me up.

Ruby has a ZZP header, exhaust, and tune.

🤠:!:

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Has anyone installed this header with the stock exhaust? Thoughts?

1320 Performance Header & Exhaust Manifold Gasket Set for the Polaris Slingshot (2015-19)

I've got the 1320 header and stock muffler also running a cat delete pipe. Don't know just how much the header helps as I did a cold air intake at the same time. I will say that the package made a difference and I like the sound so until boost arrives it's what I'll be running ;)

• I've got the 1320 header and stock muffler also running a cat delete pipe. Don't know just how much the header helps as I did a cold air intake at the same time. I will say that the package made a difference and I like the sound so until boost arrives it's what I'll be running ;)

Actually that is what I am running right now on Sling II. But I also bypassed the cat inside of the stock muffler. One of the first things that I did to Sling I about 90,000 miles ago

• I recently had the 1320 Performance V2 Stainless Steel Header and Thermal R&D Ceramic Coated Dual Rear Exit installed and love it. It added some performance and is not overly loud (until you get on it)

Well worth the money IMO.

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.

• Thank you all!

Not looking to get crazy here but would like the added performance it may give. Also just wondering if adding the exhaust is a must or not. Is sticking with the stock exhaust ok or if you are doing the header the exhaust should follow and if so are there gains there too?

Everybody likes a "little more" and it looks good too under the hood. Stock manifold is an eyesore!

The 1320 Performance Stainless Steel Adjustable Exhaust for the Polaris Slingshot (V2) (2015-19) ( second one ) has a "cool" factor but is not rated as high.

Thoughts on the below?

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I have looked at these 2 and if it were me I would go with the Thermal R&D and also a cat delete pipe - I like the sound of the Thermal - also don't want to do anything I cant reverse easily - - as you know there is no exhaust / smog testing here in California, but I don't trust this State to not change the rules - as such I would want to be able to throw the stock cr@p back on if needed

• Agree the stock manifold isn't very attractive Maybe Kyle D can chime in on the performance difference, I think he did some dyno comparison. I can say I noticed the difference with CIA header and cat delete.

I then added a tune and really noticed, after that not a lot of cost effective improvements without going boosted. Just my opinion.

• Agree the stock manifold isn't very attractive Maybe Kyle D can chime in on the performance difference, I think he did some dyno comparison. I can say I noticed the difference with CIA header and cat delete.

I then added a tune and really noticed, after that not a lot of cost effective improvements without going boosted. Just my opinion.

here you go - This is Kyles thread about NA power

that will give you a good idea of what you will get for your investment - the 6th graph down in post 27 of that thread shown that on the dyno replacing the stock setup with a header and muffler combo netted a gain of 3 wheel HP and 5 ft-lb torque

• Look at the dyno runs that Kev did they are on here somewhere. If I remember correctly there were only about a 10 HP increase with everything added. He did the stock set up, then added something and did another run, then added something else and did another run and kept adding things to the Sling doing the same thing. I was the person that asked him to do this and some of the changes the Sling was never even taken off of the Dyno. Find the thread and you will not believe how HP was gained.

• I have looked at these 2 and if it were me I would go with the Thermal R&D and also a cat delete pipe - I like the sound of the Thermal - also don't want to do anything I cant reverse easily - - as you know there is no exhaust / smog testing here in California, but I don't trust this State to not change the rules - as such I would want to be able to throw the stock cr@p back on if needed

I have three cat pipes that I have collected from Maggie Valley and three stock mufflers of course one of the mufflers has been modified. I think Ruptured Duck and myself are the only ones to bypass the internal cat in the muffler.