I think I need to stay off Facebook...

• I have been part of the slingshot community for over 1500 days now. And most of the old school folks on this site and on that other site have always been great. They want to develop community, they want to develop friendships...do things in their community and for each other. I have noticed over the last year now...that the newest owners of Slingshots are turning a lot of the pages on Facebook in to drama filled high school playgrounds. It's gotten so bad that I have contemplated selling the slingshot and just walking away from it all. Walk away from the reviews that I write, walk away from the social aspect of what slingshots have done over the last 4+ years., walk away from the essentially everything slingshot related... so on and so on.

I run a few of the larger pages on Facebook (8K members or more) and it went from fun to work. I am just grateful for this community and those long timers that I have had a chance to meet here. This site reminds me that the reasons I kept the slingshot after my first year were the right reasons. People like Painter  kev  wokka  SlingRider and many more I have met and talked to over the phone are the ones that have helped create the community that I enjoy being a part of. It's been said before and I will say it again... Thank you rabtech for this online community.

Kind of a ramble...but it's been on my mind for a few weeks. Everyone can carry on with their day.

Thanks!

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• I get it... I was a part of a couple of FB groups, slingshots, Akitas, astronomy & other stuff.

Took the app off my phone months ago, I do check in now and again because I have family there, otherwise, not so much.

FB has become an echo chamber filled with trolls; your description: "Drama filled high school playgrounds" is almost perfect....

maybe "middle school playgrounds"! :thumbsup:

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Why would you give up the Sling just because of some BS on FB or the Dark Side? I have never done FB and never will, as far as I am concerned the people who do; do not have a life and just want to try and impress someone even though they do not know them. IMHO and nothing against the people that do use.

• Why would you give up the Sling just because of some BS on FB or the Dark Side? I have never done FB and never will, as far as I am concerned the people who do; do not have a life and just want to try and impress someone even though they do not know them. IMHO and nothing against the people that do use.

When the fun turns in to work...or should I say...baby sitting...it starts to make you wonder why you are even part of something. I have literally have to remove users and block them from the groups because of behavior...seriously...if you are old enough to own a slingshot, you should be old enough to have respect for others. It's plain and simple. But when you see enough people act like idiots...you want to separate yourself from the crowd.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• When the fun turns in to work...or should I say...baby sitting...it starts to make you wonder why you are even part of something. I have literally have to remove users and block them from the groups because of behavior...seriously...if you are old enough to own a slingshot, you should be old enough to have respect for others. It's plain and simple. But when you see enough people act like idiots...you want to separate yourself from the crowd.

Well, that makes the decision easy, quite FB, not slings :)

• FB WTF We have everything here. I feel almost lucky for finding this site. We get at the best mediocre tech answers, latest gossip and how to spend your money on things (mods) that are not necessary. Just kidding.

This site has saved me tons of money for being technically accurate, available 24/7, including do's and don'ts as well as keeping updates on mod's and fixes.

I commend the staff for their diligent efforts. Thank you to the staff and supporting members!

Question: @ what point do you stop doing MODS? My air conditioner in the house quit a few weeks ago and I am torn between $4500 for a new a/c unit or more Slingshot MODS. I have come to get used to 95* to 100* in the house (Florida) when I gat home but the mornings are a cool 80* to 85* Fall will be here soon...

I am not a member of any of the so called social web sites, FB, Qz Twitter etc. so I am relying on the members here for answers to help me solve this dilemma.

• Thankfully, I have never used Facebook but Kay is a “Facebook Stalker” and never posts publicly. She does, however, reads me some of the statements made (never Slingshot related as she is a “Harley Person” and some are downright cruel. “Little Minds” spewing hurtful garbage aimed at “shocking” people into the same shit pan in which they reside.

No thank you. Not for me.

Letting those “Little Minds” and their stench get under our skin makes those low life’s winners. I, for one, will not let that happen.

Riding behind FunCycle or Sling Cat or Goats_Hogs or ThomSS is riding behind the best of the best for sure. Real people who exemplify what those Facebook shitheads can only dream of. Jealousy breeds resentment and thus produces attacks.

Too bad those “Little Minds” have a ‘search and destroy” mission and ruin what could be a great platform for constructive criticism. Too bad that a lot of newer owners land there.

For what it is worth Br4hm4 , you have pioneered the Sling for 1500 days. You have been there when Owners needed anything. You are respected! You are eons ahead of those who’s only purpose is to ridicule anything and anyone better than they are.

Jealousy breeds resentment and resentment is never a winner!

YOU are the winner my friend!

• FB WTF We have everything here. I feel almost lucky for finding this site. We get at the best mediocre tech answers, latest gossip and how to spend your money on things (mods) that are not necessary. Just kidding.

This site has saved me tons of money for being technically accurate, available 24/7, including do's and don'ts as well as keeping updates on mod's and fixes.

I commend the staff for their diligent efforts. Thank you to the staff and supporting members!

Question: @ what point do you stop doing MODS? My air conditioner in the house quit a few weeks ago and I am torn between $4500 for a new a/c unit or more Slingshot MODS. I have come to get used to 95* to 100* in the house (Florida) when I gat home but the mornings are a cool 80* to 85* Fall will be here soon...

I am not a member of any of the so called social web sites, FB, Qz Twitter etc. so I am relying on the members here for answers to help me solve this dilemma.

Whatever you can get away with, what the the wants the wife get's. It is easier that way.

• That is why we have block. I only have blocked 3 or 4 on this forum and the other 3 have moved on. You do not even want to know how many were blocked on the dark side, even the admin. that we could not block. A short story that I will not repeat and I think the maddest I have ever been in my life.

• I'm right there with you Br4hm4 I've definitely noticed over the last year that the Slingshot FB groups are getting worse and worse. Sadly, it is part of my job to be on there and scroll past all the BS and help where I can to push tech support and hopefully get some sales out of it from the newer owners.

Nobody can show off their personal taste so show what their Slingshot is to them and what their style and likes are without a barrage of keyboard warriors talking shit and/or trolling. It's exhausting to say the least.

I feel bad when a vendor like kev will post pics promoting trak hamr kits and each thread becomes an onslaught of ridicule, put downs, and hate speech that goes on for days. It's like you cannot make a posting now without having the forethought to turn commenting off on it. If you do not like what you're looking at, keep scrolling and keep your negative comments to yourself. It may not be your vision but this is a free world and it is someone else's vision of what they want out of their Sling.

"Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply." —Stephen R. Covey.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• I don't and won't use facebook but I will offer up my opinion that there are good folks on there as well, just like on the dark side. You just won't notice them through the forest of morons. My wife has been marketing some of my parts there and the inquiries and questions are markedly different:rolleyes: than here on the forum, but there are a few guys that have been supportive and have passed on our info to many others, emailed her with leads, and posted positive reviews and pictures for us. I met a couple of them in Huntsville at homecoming, Floyd Hebbard and John Phillips. Good guys both of them!

The higher the percentage of idiots, the easier it is to condemn a particular platform but it really only takes one to irritate a lot of people. It's my belief that this forum has self-regulated itself by the genuine and sincere camaraderie that is shown by everyone present.

What really interests me is the anger that people can work up over this when all you have to do is tune out or alter your attitude to consider it entertainment. If you're beating your head against the wall, you're doing it wrong.

SlingLow out!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I have been part of the slingshot community for over 1500 days now. And most of the old school folks on this site and on that other site have always been great. They want to develop community, they want to develop friendships...do things in their community and for each other. I have noticed over the last year now...that the newest owners of Slingshots are turning a lot of the pages on Facebook in to drama filled high school playgrounds. It's gotten so bad that I have contemplated selling the slingshot and just walking away from it all. Walk away from the reviews that I write, walk away from the social aspect of what slingshots have done over the last 4+ years., walk away from the essentially everything slingshot related... so on and so on.

I guess I am confused. This site is the best site I have been on in quite a while. Everyone is very helpful and for the most part respectful.

FB is just that .... FB.. it is social media... and with that comes all the stuff that social media has to offer.... If I looked at what you are saying I would not be able to buy a Ford, Chevy, Spyder or anything else because of FB. All of that has drama because of our society and not because of FB.

Here is a classic example... "What type of headlights does my sling use on the outside lights>" Answer... get rid of the crappy stock lights... If you use stock lights you are an idiot... Posts picture of their slingshot... I like the glow rings.... none of those responses answer the original question of what headlights the OP's sling uses.

That is the nature of social media. In my opinion, if FB makes you give up your sling... I guess I look at this as drama.. Not being rude to you... just my two cents.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• The big problem that I have with this is the good people that keep responding to these people. If there were no response you would think that they would go away or at least move to some other platform.