Rear fender question

• mine doesn’t have the built up area on top like yours does. I can see a circle but no reinforcements on top.

The built up area on the side is the same though.

Anyway, that’s why I asked. Since I have no idea how thick the metal is there, I think I will figure out another way.

can you get us a pic of that area, nice and close. I'm just guessing but they may have just quit drilling and tapping. If you're seeing a circle there it's probably still the same casting.

Where's Goats_Hogs when you need him, oh yeah, that's right he's busy having fun.😜

• mine doesn’t have the built up area on top like yours does. I can see a circle but no reinforcements on top.

The built up area on the side is the same though.

Anyway, that’s why I asked. Since I have no idea how thick the metal is there, I think I will figure out another way.

yes, on mine the metal on top where the pre drilled and threaded hole was is built up in a raised boss, I would guess 1/4 or more thick / tall. when I got my slingshot the hole was empty and there was talk on here where people recommended putting a bolt in the hole so that debris or water could not get into the swing arm. I dont know why polaris put a threaded hole there, but it would seem that whatever it was they changed their mind - - if yours is flat across and does not have the reinforced area I dont think I would feel comfortable drilling holes.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I was just looking at e rear fenders on slingmods.com and with all of the Metricks fenders that use the mounting hole on top they only list them as fitting 2015 through 2018 - taking this in to account and then seeng your picture it looks like the swing arm was changed for 2019 and does not have the necessary mounting boss

You might want to call slingmods or better yet Metricks and ask them before you think about drilling the swing arm

• I was just looking at e rear fenders on slingmods.com and with all of the Metricks fenders that use the mounting hole on top they only list them as fitting 2015 through 2018 - taking this in to account and then seeng your picture it looks like the swing arm was changed for 2019 and does not have the necessary mounting boss

You might want to call slingmods or better yet Metricks and ask them before you think about drilling the swing arm

Yeah, I think I might just have to eat the money I spent. It wasn’t a lot.

Maybe I’ll figure out something.

• Staphory

I don't own a 2019 or have immediate access to that unit.

The 2019 maintenance manual and the OEM parts illustrations still show that screw boss.

Is your 2019 purchase new or used?

Looked at your pics and it may be a trick of the paint glint, but there appears to be a cone shape with a round dimple. It appears to be either a putty filled and painted area. Or been ground down and painted.

Here's your pic back with the area I see...

20190915_231902.jpg

Maybe someone with a 2019 can clarify.

Not knowing the model, that swingarm appears to be custom painted.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Just remember our swing arm has about 6” of travel when it’s bouncing up and down. That’s a lot of pounding. That’s why my license plate bracket was beating the crap out of my fender. If you use this fender you need to move your license plate to the side of the wheel. And it also stressed the fender bracket enough to snap off the uprights. Which I took off (fender) in the spring to paint and it’s still not painted. But it’s on the “to do” list.

• I’ll have to look tomorrow, but I think it’s the light.

Mine is a 2019 purchased new back in April. Completely stock swing arm. There are two or three circles in that area that appear to be left over from the casting process.

• Looks like the OEM fenders mount by using the shock mount

never saw much point if the Polaris fenders - to me if I got a fender one of the main reasons would be to keep the back of the Slingshot cleaned and the Polaris fenders dont even cover enough of the front part of the tire to block crap from being sprayed on the back

• I like the Metricks mini sweep I think it very clean looking, but because of the price it is a ways down on my mod list

polaris-slingshot-rear-mini-sweep-fender-metricks.jpg

also wish it came in Pearl Red - - - - oh well :(

• I put onthe Slingmods Stealth 2.0 rear fender with the light bar and airfoil over a year ago, I Ride in a kinds of weather , Dirt roads also....And the most i ever had to do to keep the rear tub clean is to hose it off, I never had to even bend down to scrub it......Also it fills in the naked /empty look of the rear end...:thumbsup:...

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• Technically fenders are to keep water and other crap from hitting vehicles behind you creating an unsafe condition. Our state law requires a certain percentage of the wheel to be covered.

I get behind idiots in 4 wheel vehicles all the time without mudflats that are throwing up tons of water. Mudflaps should be a required item.

I wanted a back fender to keep down the dirt on my back end and to not throw a rooster tail at anyone behind me.

And for looks to cover the naked back wheel.

Wonder if they changed it so you have to use their fender...and nobody else’s...:/